Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" is a five year story that can be told in one season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLICK HERE FOR SOURCE

“There are a number of arcs and elements that will figure into the ultimate finale we have planned,” Mallozzi said. “Ideally, we’d get five years to tell the entire story in satisfactory fashion but, if it came down to it, we could pay it off over the course of a single season.”
    What the heck is up with that?

If you have one story that takes 22 episodes to tell, why do you need the other 88 episodes? Why not just tell your story within one season?

I may be having a change of heart on this whole "Stargate: Universe" idea. Are the other 88 episodes just useless throw-a-ways?

Sure, it took one year and almost a half to figure out this mission and now it's gonna be dragging on for another 75+ episodes. Wonderful.

Comment

They just mean the important plot pieces can be mashed together without telling us how they got from A to Z.

It probably wouldn't make much sense, but it'd be "complete."

Comment

No of course not, dont be silly, the other 88 episodes are there for the montages. you like montages dont you??
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
          They just mean the important plot pieces can be mashed together without telling us how they got from A to Z.

It probably wouldn't make much sense, but it'd be "complete."
          I understand where you are coming from, but he made it sound like the other episodes are just bloated fluff.

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
          No of course not, dont be silly, the other 88 episodes are there for the montages. you like montages dont you??
          Hahaha... MTV style "Stargate"! Hehehe...

Comment

Dude, there's a huge difference between really going with the plan, utilising every beat and having some cool moments along the way and just going all out with a single season and cramming it up.

SGU only has 20 episode seasons, while we're at it, and JM means that the rest of the five year story aka the next three seasons, could be compressed to one if need be, but, like I said, if they want to pad it out and really get to the real meat of it, they can. I mean, it's like Farscape - they had planned out a whole fifth season, but the cancellation meant that everything got shoved into a miniseries. Now, while it was awesomesauce, even imagining the whole thing fleshed out is enough to make me personally want it. If SGU only gets one more season and the writers know that enough to compress the next three down into the one, it will look and be a lot different than planned, and may even feel too rushed.

No, the other episodes aren't throwaways. This is a Myth Arc story of sorts, not one show they planned five seasons for and then end it suddenly. They'll want to build it up.

I understand where you are coming from, but he made it sound like the other episodes are just bloated fluff.
            No, he made it sound like he and the others don't want to compress it down, but they could if they had to.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              No, he made it sound like he and the others don't want to compress it down, but they could if they had to.
              I get it. Instead of telling the story with depth, they could streamline it and hyphenate certain story elements.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carter View Post
                I get it. Instead of telling the story with depth, they could streamline it and hyphenate certain story elements.
                Exactly. And while a lot of people don't like SGU's more... subdued pace of storytelling and depth and stuff, the writers must really want to play it all out otherwise they'd say, "Screw it. Let's just do one more season."

That or they like getting paid.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Exactly. And while a lot of people don't like SGU's more... subdued pace of storytelling and depth and stuff, the writers must really want to play it all out otherwise they'd say, "Screw it. Let's just do one more season."

Thought you said laid at the end.

They're dragging it out filling with "character arcs"

Comment

I swear im gonna give up on fandom anytime now.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post

I swear im gonna give up on fandom anytime now.
                      Yeah. Know how you feel sometimes buddy.

Thought you said laid at the end.

They're dragging it out filling with "character arcs"
                      Carl'd get laid. Epic moustache.

Yeah, it's okay though. If I'm the only one who'll enjoy the "dragging out", then so be it. I don't lose a thing.

Comment

Gottcha. Its their way of staying optimistic and objectionable about the series. Since they have already developed the entire second season, what would happen if they don't get a season three? Wouldn't that mean the story would end on a cliff-hanger?

Comment

Angel had an awesome cliffhanger.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                            Angel had an awesome cliffhanger.
                            Another subject for another time. Hehehehe... I hated that!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carter View Post
                              Gottcha. Its their way of staying optimistic and objectionable about the series. Since they have already developed the entire second season, what would happen if they don't get a season three? Wouldn't that mean the story would end on a cliff-hanger?
                              Wouldn't be the first time a series had ended on a cliffhanger.

Comment

Working...
                              X