Destiny's Shuttles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny's Shuttles

It's seems that destiny had originally 3 docking pad for the Shuttles based on the picture bellow! Although the crew only found two Shuttles, So what do think about that?

Do you think that there is a missing one for an unknown reason? or it's just a guest parking spot for guests ?

<Snipped image>
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 29 April 2013, 10:14 AM.

Originally posted by Etagrats sailor View Post
    It's seems that destiny had originally 3 docking pad for the Shuttles based on the picture bellow! Although the crew only found two Shuttles, So what do think about that?

Do you think that there is a missing one for an unknown reason? or it's just a guest parking spot for guests ?

<Snipped image requote>
    I'd say missing one considering the ship is banged up.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 29 April 2013, 10:15 AM.
    SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
    SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
    ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
    Spoiler:
    *beep*
    Young: "What the hell was that?"
    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Its probably inaccessible due to hull damage. And if there's hull damage, it's no far cry to assume the shuttle itself is either defunct or gone altogether as well
      sigpic
      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

but how? that would suppose that the Destiny shields were down in that time! and by that assumption, it's also possible that Destiny was boarded at some point!

Comment

If you watch the pilot carefully, you'll see one of the Smurf's ships detach itself.

There is hull damage all over the ship.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
            If you watch the pilot carefully, you'll see one of the Smurf's ships detach itself.

There is hull damage all over the ship.
            yeah! i saw that, but i also remember Rush saying that they tried many times to board Destiny but its automated defenses prevented them from doing that... although as you pointed out they managed to pass the shields. it's kinna confusing actually!

Comment

yeah! i saw that, but i also remember Rush saying that they tried many times to board Destiny but its automated defenses prevented them from doing that... although as you pointed out they managed to pass the shields. it's kinna confusing actually!
              Rush is a man who can do many a great thing. Lying is one of those things.

I don't trust him and anything he says as "fact" is immediately chalked up as "fabrication" in my book.
              sigpic

Comment

The ship has been traveling for 60 million years. Pieces are bound to get knocked off. Plus I believe that it was mentioned in passing early in season 1 that the ship originally had 3 shuttles.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                  Rush is a man who can do many a great thing. Lying is one of those things.

I don't trust him and anything he says as "fact" is immediately chalked up as "fabrication" in my book.
                  i agree! but let's assume that he was telling the truth! does that mean that may be destiny have some sort of an automated internal defense system inside the ship it self? what do you think?

Comment

i agree! but let's assume that he was telling the truth! does that mean that may be destiny have some sort of an automated internal defense system inside the ship it self? what do you think?
                    It depends what you mean by "inside". If it does have a system inside, I wonder why they sparks go off all the time xP

Spoiler:
                    *beep*
                    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

again with this....YES there was three shuttles, NO there was three shuttles, who cares right now

Comment

Perhaps though the blue' shuttle' did attach itself, the shields still stopped them getting in.

Comment

Re: Destiny's Shuttles
                          Perhaps though the blue' shuttle' did attach itself, the shields still stopped them getting in.
                          Wouldn't that detached ship get vapourized in FTL? I've been wondering about that for a long time now

Comment

Originally posted by Larkie View Post
                            Wouldn't that detached ship get vapourized in FTL? I've been wondering about that for a long time now
                            If a car travels at 50 MPH and you throw a tennis ball, the ball is also traveling at 50 MPH (slightly faster since it was thrown).

If Destiny travels in FTL and a Smurf-pod detaches itself, the pod is also traveling in FTL.

This is where you go, "But what about the whole, 'shuttle will be vaporized if it's not locked down' episode?" to which I respond: Destiny would enter FTL while the shuttle would not. Place your hands parallel to one another (like you're going to clap). Move your right hand to the left until it contacts your left hand. Your right hand is Destiny, your left is the shuttle. Now put your hands together and move them to the left. This is what happens when the shuttle is docked. Now (hands still together) move both hands to the left but at different rates of speed. This is what we saw in air.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Larkie View Post
                              Well that ship that detached itself was from the blues, we've seen them jump into FTL before, so I'd imagine the ship had a shield of it's own. In fact, I think it did, from memory.

Spoiler:
                              *beep*

Comment

Working...
                              X