No announcement yet.

Hypnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with hypnosis is that it can easily create false memories and sometimes it can be difficult to tell between a fake memory and a real one.

Contrary to popular belief, human memory sucks, even for extremely traumatic or emotionally charged events. It's actually very easy to create false memories. There have been experiments where the participants were implanted with memories of having met Bugs Bunny at Disney Land when they were young. There have also been experiments that showed false memories of bad experience with a certain type of food actually causing participants to like that food less.

Comment

I thought it felt a bit cliché alright, but at the end of the day it was hardly magic.... like someone said above it seemed to be an extension of her counselling abilities, and I really don't see how it would have helped with Rush, Chloe, or the LA members... this is the only time in the show someone has had gaps in their memory?
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I think a bit of hypnosis would have been a good thing to try on Rush, Chloe or James. Maybe something could have been dredged up from their memories which could be useful against the blues, or perhaps allowed them to gain some extra intel on the LA (through the Rush/Telford "shared" memories).

My concern is not so much that Wray has this ability or even its effectiveness, it is more that it is revealed at such a timely moment. I'm wondering just how many new skills are going to be reveled as this series continues. It feels like lazy writing.

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by tinerin View Post
          Hypnosis only works if the person being hypnotized is cooperating; this would also apply to Telford.
          Plus who's to say the LA have the same human minds as us? Remember, Nerti was marveling over how the 2000 years of being seperated from earth had changed Jonas's dna.. Perhaps the same has happened to the LA.

Comment

I doubt very much the other humans in the galaxy are that different to us. But it doesn't mean that Wray could use it on the Lucian Alliance. I'd have a hard time seeing the cooperative ones even volunteer for it. The only time I could see her using it earlier was maybe if they tried to get information from Cloe's subconscious about her condition. Although actually now that I think about it, I almost have to wonder why they wouldn't have already done that before now.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

whos to say the infection has not hit her subconsious.

Comment

That's not really the point, the point is they did not even seem to try.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

If you don't know whether it will even work (especially in this situation) perhaps they felt it would do more harm than good..

Comment

Working...
                  X