This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard/Replicators

You guys remember an episode in season 6 i think it was, it was where sg-c gated to a world through there sun, causing it to become unstable, which would have resulted in it going nova, if it wasnt for the asgard, restabilizing the sun.

Also you'd remember that the advanced replicators were able to reverse the time dilation device, which was used to trap them, within a 3.7light year radius(i think thats the size of the field). However in this case the Asgard failed to stop the Replicator threat.

Remembering this and how far advanced the asgard are, you'd think they'd have developed, or had some concpet of a quantum singularity warhead, and would have used it on the replicators, somehow i dont think they would have been able to stop the weapon from detonating.

Your thoughts...

well the asgard didnt know about the next generation of reps so they had no need to worry about a miniscule crack in the casing

Comment

even so the question is sound. why leave the device on the planet where theres a chance (very slim cos of how strong neutronium is supposed to be) that the reps could disable it..? why not just send it in a missile or ship into low orbit of the planet? ok the reps scan ships as they approach but i doubt they'd have time to scan it, realise what it was, beam on board and reverse it before it could activate if the asgard had it on a remote ..countdown of 3secs for example.. and jumped safely to hyperspace..

would have made more sense

Comment

maybe that was the plan but the reps got to the planet before it could be put into orbit

Comment

failing all those wonderful ideas, why didnt the asgard use the technique sg-1 did, once the time dilation device was working properly of course.

go to the sun in the solar system, open a gate to a world with a black hole, or failing that they prob have tech advanced enough to destabilise a sun and therefore cause it to go nova and wipe out all the replicators!!
          Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

I like the Asgard. But they constantly screw up.

First of all, they got themselves neutured. Then they had ONE bot and they couldn't even control it when we controlled a full submarine of them.They didn't think that maybe, just maybe, throwing something v. v. fast at them, like a bullet, wouldn't destabalise them. Every single plan they've tried has failed. We're better than them at controlling the replicators and we're as dumb as chimpanzees
            Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth
              I like the Asgard. But they constantly screw up.

First of all, they got themselves neutured. Then they had ONE bot and they couldn't even control it when we controlled a full submarine of them.They didn't think that maybe, just maybe, throwing something v. v. fast at them, like a bullet, wouldn't destabalise them. Every single plan they've tried has failed. We're better than them at controlling the replicators and we're as dumb as chimpanzees
              We could control the Replicators because they were made of iron and steel and would have short circuited if they left the sub, on Asgard ships they can take control and beam over to other ships....

Comment

Originally posted by KRiZ
                failing all those wonderful ideas, why didnt the asgard use the technique sg-1 did, once the time dilation device was working properly of course.

go to the sun in the solar system, open a gate to a world with a black hole, or failing that they prob have tech advanced enough to destabilise a sun and therefore cause it to go nova and wipe out all the replicators!!
                Well, where the replicators assembled at was once an Asgard inhabited planet. Who's to say that there aren't any more inhabitied planets in that solar system?
                Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Oh come on, who else would be stupid enough to conceive of a weapon which propells a projectile composed of lead and other material by igniting a sulfur-based powder. And the Asgard wanted the Prometheus just because it was less advanced..
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by jkalana
                    You guys remember an episode in season 6 i think it was, it was where sg-c gated to a world through there sun, causing it to become unstable, which would have resulted in it going nova, if it wasnt for the asgard, restabilizing the sun.

Remembering this and how far advanced the asgard are, you'd think they'd have developed, or had some concpet of a quantum singularity warhead, and would have used it on the replicators, somehow i dont think they would have been able to stop the weapon from detonating.

Your thoughts...
                    As far as I remember SG1 were the ones who restabilized the sun...Asgard could not interfire at teh time for some reason, I'm not sure what...but may be it was out of their treaty or something...

And Asgard are so advanced that they use energy weapons wich do not kill Replicators, however out guns kill them...thay are too advanced and peaceful that's, they think diferently from us, that's why they can't invent anything really powerful, or may be it's the treaty agian..not sure

Comment

Ma--ybe...
                      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                        Ma--ybe...
                        oky and what was the point of posting that???
                        STOP SPAM

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                          As far as I remember SG1 were the ones who restabilized the sun...Asgard could not interfire at teh time for some reason, I'm not sure what...but may be it was out of their treaty or something...
                          Didn't we try to restabilise the sun but someone blew up the big rocket we'd sent there for that purpose, and then in the end the Asgard stepped in and saved the day? That's how I seem to remeber it but I could very well be wrong.
                          sum ergo cogitum
                          I am therefore I think.

Comment

Well... actually its never made clear if the SGC plan worked or someone interferred.
                            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
                              Didn't we try to restabilise the sun but someone blew up the big rocket we'd sent there for that purpose, and then in the end the Asgard stepped in and saved the day? That's how I seem to remeber it but I could very well be wrong.
                              yeah the rocket we were preparing did blow up, but then in the last 10/5 mins Sam found another way...i think what they did, they sent some chemical element or metal trought the gate, and then shut it down, when the it was coming trought the sun, this way this element was added to the sun's system and was stabilized...i think that's the way it happened

Comment

Working...
                              X