No announcement yet.

Did he have a Soul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even without a soul, something would be off with people who had and unconscious memory of dying. There could even be that they didn't "smell right" after being rebuilt. I do like how the show offers alternative views on these questions. Sucks that as much of a bad guy Rush is, he usually ends up voicing my views. I wish they would give some of those lines to the other scientists. Rush has been very scientific about the whole mission discovery by not jumping to any easy answers.
    I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Originally posted by Skiznot View Post
      Even without a soul, something would be off with people who had and unconscious memory of dying. There could even be that they didn't "smell right" after being rebuilt. I do like how the show offers alternative views on these questions. Sucks that as much of a bad guy Rush is, he usually ends up voicing my views. I wish they would give some of those lines to the other scientists. Rush has been very scientific about the whole mission discovery by not jumping to any easy answers.
      Yeah, that's true.

That's what I love about Rush, and that's what the creators intended with the show. They wanted to have a character that made viewers like the un-likeable
      SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
      SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
      ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
      Spoiler:
      *beep*
      Young: "What the hell was that?"
      Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        A gate demartilizes matter into energy shoots that energy to the other gate and reconstruct you into matter.
        Since the soul is already presumably an energy, it goes through the gate in one piece, just like an ascended being. An ascended being in fact is a soul without body, isn't it?

Comment

True dat.

Comment

Perhaps if the soul exists in another dimension, the soul just attracts like a magnet to where the body is in the 4-dimensional space our bodies are in. I have no idea.

I don't even know why I'm trying to think of ideas for this, I don't even believe in souls xD.

Spoiler:
            *beep*
            Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Eli didn't feel the same discomfort with the returning crew members. So unless Young and Johansen have some mystical soul-sensing powers that Eli lacks, then it's probably just Young and Johansen's military training noting that something's wrong here (like how they're missing their memories).

The Stargate franchise has always been careful to never preach a certain religion (or lack of thereof). To establish as fact that souls exist would go against that doctrine.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                Eli didn't feel the same discomfort with the returning crew members. So unless Young and Johansen have some mystical soul-sensing powers that Eli lacks, then it's probably just Young and Johansen's military training noting that something's wrong here (like how they're missing their memories).

The Stargate franchise has always been careful to never preach a certain religion (or lack of thereof). To establish as fact that souls exist would go against that doctrine.
                I didn't know that.

Spoiler:
                *beep*

Comment

Working...
                X