Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wray Over experienced for HR is she a Spook (Spy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
    She said "I'm over qualified for HR" (without her tongue firmly in her cheek), and she demonstrated skills that the average HR desk jockey wouldn't have. The truth of it is that we don't really know Wray all that much. We know that Rush and the other scientists have doctorates in multiple fields; we know that Young has spent many, many years in the military, but we don't know what kind of educational background Wray has.

She may be stuck in HR, but that doesn't preclude a bachelor's or master's in something completely different which would make her vastly over qualified for her position within the IOA.

I would think that her career got railroaded at some point. Maybe the IOA had initially hoped for a different career path for her, but something happened to rock the boat, and Wray got sent to HR purgatory. If she were a spook, her chats with Strom would be much more matter of fact, unlike the tip toeing they did in Earth.
    yes, she could be stuck in HR for whatever reason and have as a matter of course all sorts of other skills. Most of us do
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

wray's to annoying to be a spy
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I doubt Wray is a spook. Frankly, if she were, she sucks at it because she would have been able to oust Young from power in the first season quite easily if she were actually some kind of CIA field operative. It's far more likely that she's pissed of some of her superiors and has suffered crappy job postings as a result.
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

From a realism perspective someone like her is a lot more likely than the typical clichéd "super commando" you'll generally see in this role on TV. The only thing that stretches it for me is her relationship back home doesn't seem like just a cover and I can see no reason why it would be one. It's also hard to think of a reason why she'd have been on the original planet to begin with.

I suppose it's possible her partner just knows that she "works for the IOA" though but not in exactly what capacity. It might also be that the CIA is keeping tabs on either the IOA and/or USAF in regards to the stargate program. It would frankly be hard to imagine a scenario where the countries various intelligence services were not spying like crazy on anything and everything to do with the SGC.

It would be more fun if she turned out to be an agent for a non us power though, especially a rival one like Russia or China. That could actually go a long way to smoothing over the issues I raised.

Comment

Seriously? Why not just call her a Goa'uld while we're throwing out random accusations based off the fact she joked about being overqualified simply because she knew hypnosis?
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I think every candidate would have to be over qualified to be read in on the Stargate program. Can't exactly have average Joe running the show, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                as an HR manager, chances are she was schooled in psychology/psychiatry. It is not that big a step to add hypnosis on top of such a skillset.
                Heck, she could have learned it as a past time not related to work.''

Comment

I think its to do with the fact of her sexual preference, Wray seems frustrated and hacked of most of the time where the IOA is concerned, i got the impression she was up for one of the top jobs and got shunted sideways because of her lesbianismness, that balding guy sat next to O'Neill when he was trying to justify the 3 peeps running from Destiny when they tried to dial inside the sun back in season 1, he had the look of a nasty guy, cool exterior makign people believe what he wants them to, whilst underneath is prejudicial, petty, power hungry and just not a very nice guy.

N.C

Comment

why? attempts to instigate regime change haven't always worked - the bay of pigs being one example. And the recent Russian sleeper agents seem to have been less than competent.

SGU's more realistic so its spy's are going to be closeer to reality than say Bond or Spooks - though apparently Beth Baily is based on a real PMC
                    ----------------------------
                    You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

By overqualified she probably just means that shes got plenty of degrees
                      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Working...
                      X