Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wray Over experienced for HR is she a Spook (Spy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wray Over experienced for HR is she a Spook (Spy)

Does any one else think that Wray is hinting to Young the fact that shes actually a spook – that is she’s a member of her nations security services.

It stands to reason that the SIS,CIA,FSB or NIA would have there boys and girls inside the IOA – and I could buy Park being an analyst ala Ruth Evershead on (Spooks/MI5)
    Last edited by mjwalshe; 25 November 2010, 07:08 AM. Reason: referenced wrong charater in origional post
    ----------------------------
    You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Um, do you happen to mean Wray, maybe?

Comment

oops I am terrible with names :-)
      You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

I have yet to see Visitation, if there are references there that would change it, but no, I don't think she's overexperienced for HR. In fact, given earlier episodes and statements by Carl Strom and Sen. Armstrong, she's likely pretty low on the totem pole. She clearly didn't have enough experience for promotion. Four times she was passed over, wasn't she?
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Wray can't be a spook because spys are usually quiet, Wray never shuts up.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
            I have yet to see Visitation, if there are references there that would change it, but no, I don't think she's overexperienced for HR. In fact, given earlier episodes and statements by Carl Strom and Sen. Armstrong, she's likely pretty low on the totem pole. She clearly didn't have enough experience for promotion. Four times she was passed over, wasn't she?
            Depends civil service is dead man or woman's shoes in a lot of cases(leaving aside the effect her Gender, Race and Sexuality might have on her promotion prospects) and that could just be her cover story its not like any FSB, SIS or CIA people inside the IOA are going to be avowed.

Comment

It may be that she is not part of the hard line party in the IOA, that way she would not come to know the dirt the high head of the IOA does. And she was posted there because they could bribe her to do the IOA wishes.
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

In fairness one can be over-qualified for their current job, not as some sinister plot, but simply due to the jobs available. Many of us often possess more skills than what our jobs really requires as a way remain employed.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                  It may be that she is not part of the hard line party in the IOA, that way she would not come to know the dirt the high head of the IOA does. And she was posted there because they could bribe her to do the IOA wishes.
                  Id always assumed that the IOA was a bit like the UN that the individual members where really looking out for their country's interests we neaver got to see much of that political side of it.

we never saw the French UK and PRC Stargate teams and I am sure they would not let Russia be the only one to get anything out of the IOA

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                    She said "I'm over qualified for HR" (without her tongue firmly in her cheek), and she demonstrated skills that the average HR desk jockey wouldn't have. The truth of it is that we don't really know Wray all that much. We know that Rush and the other scientists have doctorates in multiple fields; we know that Young has spent many, many years in the military, but we don't know what kind of educational background Wray has.

She may be stuck in HR, but that doesn't preclude a bachelor's or master's in something completely different which would make her vastly over qualified for her position within the IOA.

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
                    Depends civil service is dead man or woman's shoes in a lot of cases(leaving aside the effect her Gender, Race and Sexuality might have on her promotion prospects) and that could just be her cover story its not like any FSB, SIS or CIA people inside the IOA are going to be avowed.
                    I would think that her career got railroaded at some point. Maybe the IOA had initially hoped for a different career path for her, but something happened to rock the boat, and Wray got sent to HR purgatory. If she were a spook, her chats with Strom would be much more matter of fact, unlike the tip toeing they did in Earth.

Comment

um the IOA having career paths? unlikely they need to keep this secret wouldn't they just second people from their countries civil service.

you cant see the IOA advertising Jobs like say the UN does - don't forget a job in the IOA or stargate program is akin to getting a senior Job in the CIA or any other security service

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
                        um the IOA having career paths? unlikely they need to keep this secret wouldn't they just second people from their countries civil service.

you cant see the IOA advertising Jobs like say the UN does - don't forget a job in the IOA or stargate program is akin to getting a senior Job in the CIA or any other security service
                        Yeah, career paths. The IOA is a big thing, and HR would have different career paths to diplomats, field agents and intel analysts.

And nobody said anything about advertising. She may very well have been headhunted for one position, but it didn't work out, and she got transferred ofer to HR.

Comment

The IOA's general purpose is to stick their noses in everything. I wouldn't call it spying, just oversight. I'd say she probably is over-qualified. You would have to be a pretty incredible person, on top of having connections, just to get a desk job for anything involving the stargate. I really think Wray just suggested it because she has very little to do. She's pretty near the bottom on the contribution scale as far as the Destiny crew goes.

Comment

as an HR manager, chances are she was schooled in psychology/psychiatry. It is not that big a step to add hypnosis on top of such a skillset.
                            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I dont think she's a spy....hypnosis would be a useless skill for a covert agent, as it only works on cooperative subjects. You cant, say, hypnotize an enemy operative and get them to reveal their secrets.

If anything, she might be a spy handler/intelligence support - hypnosis would be useful for, say, burying secrets in an operative's memory so that they can't remember them if they're captured, and likewise for retrieving them.

I definitely got that she was implying she was more than just HR for the IOA, which more and more sounds like it runs like the NID...

Is she American, incidentally? She obviously doesnt have an accent and Wray (if that's her real name) is Western, but they never identified her nationality, only that she's IOA, which means she might still be Chinese or Russian.

Comment

Working...
                              X