No announcement yet.

Caine's group - discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think might feel somewhat bad, but you can't really blame them for their behavior. Those people came back wrong, and it took effort to ignore the feeling that caused.

Comment

im pretty sure the winter came on suddenly and caine was telling them to prepare for cold instead of making food.

Comment

Think of it this way. You treat someone with suspicion because you're certain he'll try something if you don't. The moment you turn your back, he does something suspect. Do you feel guilty about treating him with suspicion in the first place?

I reckon they'd feel bad about it at first but come to the realisation that, all said and done, what they did was justified by the fact that Caine's group came back wrong.

If anything, the crew of the Destiny will only feel bad about having been forced to witness their former friends die in front of their eyes while they couldn't do a damn thing to save them. So long as they weren't aware of what Caine's group's fate actually was there would always be that small ray of hope that they made out alright after all. This episode crushed that hope for them.

So if they do feel bad it'll be feeling bad about not cracking them in the back of their heads and dragging their sobbing faithful butts up to the ship kicking and screaming the whole way up.

Comment

Because they were idiots.

Seriously, they were idiots to even stay there in the first place. They gave up food, shelter and technology in exchange for some bull**** sentimental feeling of "building a new home" that I guarantee you went away pretty damn fast when the snowflakes started to appear.

I don't usually find myself agreeing with Young but he was 100% right in this one. The only question that remains is who was stupider, Caine for coming up with the idea, or all of the other ones for following his crazy ass down there.

I'm glad the show decided to kill the bozos off in the perfectly obvious way it did, as opposed to the way Galactica praised exactly this same kind of stupidity as some wonderful noble thing to be aspired to.

It's not as easy as you think it is to start from scratch, and if you go into it thinking it will be some kind of "eden" as opposed to a brutal tooth and nail struggle for survival you're a moron and it's virtually guaranteed your idealized stupidity will be the end of you.

Nature doesn't humor the stupid for long.

Comment

after what the destiny crew been through since faith i don't blame them one bit.
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It's the writers should be blamed. They write a story like all those people has been born adult with no life experiences. At least, one or two of them should have a minimal effort to build a long lasting shelter from a tree branches.

If they all scientist, they should know how Eskimo people made an Igloo and regulate cold and hot air inside it. Probably, the writer is a kid with no life experiences...

Comment

They had no feeling because they're zombies. Young is right treated them like he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor One View Post
                  The location and the shuttle is what broke them. If they'd chosen a better spot, say, a region coming out of winter, they'd have had spring, summer and autumn to prepare for the coming winter.
                  Since no planet we've ever seen on Stargate has an equatorial region [apart from Earth], they certainly didn't have the chance to move somewhere tropical. And we haven't seen any sandy beaches and palm trees in Stargate before, right? Mostly all Vancouver forest?
                  Originally posted by Razor One View Post
                  Short Answer: Nobody knew how to fly the shuttle.
                  Check the start of the episode. The idiots need to be told how to fly the shuttle via comlink with Scott.
                  Yup. Idiots.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

after what the destiny crew been through since faith i don't blame them one bit.
                    Nobody is blaming anybody , nobody can judge the crew of Destiny but themselves.
                    My question is after the death of Caine's people, how would the crew feel about themsleve , about their self-reflection after this experience.

If Crew of Destiny is a family , if member of returning familes die , and how you treated them in the last few hour reflect on how the families see itself.
                    A society 's value is measure by how a society member treat the least of the society, they use that argument for against death penality.

They had no feeling because they're zombies. Young is right treated them like he did.
                    Who is the Zombies , Caine 's people or the crew .
                    Because if the crew doesn't feel a thing , we see how much the Destiny families really care about each other.

Comment

This seems pretty forced to me.. These people choosed themselves to stay on the planet, so what happened to them was their own free choice. When they suddenly appeared out of thin air, everyone was right to treat them with suspicion, I wouldn't blame them for it.

Obviously, they did feel something. Most of the crew were feeling uncomfortable in their proximity, even Young said so. He said something like he wants to run away when he is near them, later it is more or less explained with their lack of souls.. So, I think blaming the crew for not welcoming a bunch of soulless zombies, who left Destiny by free choice, doesn't make them heartless or anything. After all, they are no 'family', they are a crew.. Why stretch this so much?
                      Any sufficiently advanced race is indistinguishable from god.

(..to any insufficiently advanced race)

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                        But to be honest even a shuttle without power , an open door would be better than any thing they can contruct with primative material.
                        That's like saying a 3 sided brick house is better than a nylon tent.

Their door was facing into the wind (and snow), so in addition to just being cold from the ambient temp, they had to deal with wind chill. They were all facing the door too, which is beyond retarded in such a situation. A shelter of any nature is supposed to offer protection from the elements, not exposing the occupants to them.

Given their hatchet and entrenching tool, they could have put together a wind break to stop most of the cold air blowing straight into their living compartment. Even simpler, a lean-to placed against the exposed shuttle door/rear and letting the snow build up would have probably have kept out the worst of the cold.

Comment

Originally posted by lars View Post
                          This seems pretty forced to me.. These people choosed themselves to stay on the planet, so what happened to them was their own free choice. When they suddenly appeared out of thin air, everyone was right to treat them with suspicion, I wouldn't blame them for it.

Obviously, they did feel something. Most of the crew were feeling uncomfortable in their proximity, even Young said so. He said something like he wants to run away when he is near them, later it is more or less explained with their lack of souls.. So, I think blaming the crew for not welcoming a bunch of soulless zombies, who left Destiny by free choice, doesn't make them heartless or anything. After all, they are no 'family', they are a crew.. Why stretch this so much?
                          Nobody is blaming anybody, it is about the crew's feeling after Caine's group are all dead again.
                          Only caine believe he doesn't have a soul. And in the end TJ can over come her uncomfortable feeling around Caine.

The Crew of Destiny may not be blood related , but calling them a family is just metaphor , and Are SG1 are family ?
                          Would you like to think of the crew as a brunch of stranger struck on ship?

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                            Nobody is blaming anybody, it is about the crew's feeling after Caine's group are all dead again.
                            Only caine believe he doesn't have a soul. And in the end TJ can over come her uncomfortable feeling around Caine.

The Crew of Destiny may not be blood related , but calling them a family is just metaphor , and Are SG1 are family ?
                            Would you like to think of the crew as a brunch of stranger struck on ship?
                            you have to take into account that the Faith guys had been off the ship for quite some time, and hadn't been very long on it in the first place. Although they are not entirely a "foreign element" to the crew (excepting the whole ghoul thing) they weren't considered part of the core crew either. In fact they kinda betrayed destiny's crew by wanting to stay on that planet. They were VERY selfish for doing that. In my opinion the Faith guys were treated properly all things taken into account, it was a very big gesture from Young to release them so soon and without guards on them and such.
                            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                              I think might feel somewhat bad, but you can't really blame them for their behavior. Those people came back wrong, and it took effort to ignore the feeling that caused.
                              WEll.. look at what has happened with Chloe/.. So maybe the crew thought something similar had happened here.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                                you have to take into account that the Faith guys had been off the ship for quite some time, and hadn't been very long on it in the first place. Although they are not entirely a "foreign element" to the crew (excepting the whole ghoul thing) they weren't considered part of the core crew either. In fact they kinda betrayed destiny's crew by wanting to stay on that planet. They were VERY selfish for doing that. In my opinion the Faith guys were treated properly all things taken into account, it was a very big gesture from Young to release them so soon and without guards on them and such.
                                It is not about what they had done at the time, not about who is right or wrong.
                                It is about how the crew feel afterward!

If the stray doy you been feeding a few weeks die, you would still feel something.
                                Are Caine's people less than animal?

Comment

Working...
                                X