Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Caine's group - discussion

At the end of the episode they show kino footage of Caine pleading for help, saying he doesn't want to die. Then light fills the room, presumably from a planet-building super alien or ascended being, and he looks back toward it with wonder.

And then what... he dies? That walk in the door and are like, "hey, dude, we saw your shuttle and... oh no! We're too late!"

Default Re: Wasn't Caine still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Python View Post
    At the end of the episode they show kino footage of Caine pleading for help, saying he doesn't want to die. Then light fills the room, presumably from a planet-building super alien or ascended being, and he looks back toward it with wonder.

And then what... he dies? That walk in the door and are like, "hey, dude, we saw your shuttle and... oh no! We're too late!"
    I got the impression that when they were watching the Kino footage, that that meant Cain was already dead, cause otherwise he would've like to see that footage.

If he was still alive when the aliens came to him, then they did kill him and did something lateron to bring them all back, but I got the impression they were not the real ones, they were copies with incomplete memories and maybe just means of getting a message through to the Destiny...leave us alone

that light is probably the shuttle being destroyed.

otherwise the next footage would be the Kino onboard the shuttle next to destiny

Valaur writes: “At the end of ‘Visitation’, we see that Kane in fact does live to tell the tale rather than die like his fellows. Or does he?”

Answer: He doesn’t.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...n-eight-games/

Quote Originally Posted by thekillman View Post
    that light is probably the shuttle being destroyed.

otherwise the next footage would be the Kino onboard the shuttle next to destiny
    Then why is there even footage on the kino they have in their possession, shouldnt it be destroyed as well??

That link gave me a kind of sick feeling. He gave several important pieces of information that were not clarified in the show. Not to mention his admiration for the strength of zombie-Caine's belief. I don't know what to make of someone who posits the existence of the human soul, creates a character without one, and admires that character for believing he has one. Somewhere. "Looking down." That's just too weird.

That there exist answers to so many questions and they're just not able to communicate them effectively through the narrative really means that this is a bizarre and poorly written show.

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine_nl View Post
    Then why is there even footage on the kino they have in their possession, shouldnt it be destroyed as well??
    maybe that was radiation that wiped out biological matter (and killed the kino footage)

Quote Originally Posted by Python View Post
    That link gave me a kind of sick feeling. He gave several important pieces of information that were not clarified in the show. Not to mention his admiration for the strength of zombie-Caine's belief. I don't know what to make of someone who posits the existence of the human soul, creates a character without one, and admires that character for believing he has one. Somewhere. "Looking down." That's just too weird.

That there exist answers to so many questions and they're just not able to communicate them effectively through the narrative really means that this is a bizarre and poorly written show.

There not that many questions, Rush said he disable one function of the neural interface, the computer simulation, it make sense that he turned the rest of, now he discovered where in the computer system it control interface was. This is not a show that will spell every little detail out to the audience.

Kane whether he is dead or alive will be answered next episode.

An I suspect his answers that the aliens thought they fixed them, was guest by many an why the episode did not explain in detail what the alien plans were, it pretty clear that this is just the beginning of there story an not the end. Explanations an answers will come later during the show. The show serial in nature an always has been.

I am glad there excist answers, it mean the writer have actually thought out the plot an the questions each episode raises an probably keeping a questions an answer list in the writers department which they will include in the future episodes.

As to creating a character without soul, that depends on what you thought of the character, I thought he did have a soul an was quite deep for a character that only appear in a few episodes.

I was also wondering the same thing. All the others died before the "light" came. Caine was still alive. Therefore I'm assuming that he is still alive. Maybe he can never die But this is sci-fi and anything can happen. Which makes it so entertaining for me. Hope this question of Caine is answered in the next episode.

..."Kane in fact does live to tell the tale rather than die like his fellows. Or does he?”

He doesnt - okay, that could be tricky too since it could imply he doesnt *die* [like his fellows had died]...clever answer. clever ....

Hold cleaner

I understand this as "He doesn't die" and I am sure he lives.To me the question sounds a bit confusing.

When he says i remember something nobody ever should, i thought he was refering to him killing himself, but that didnt happen, and i am also confused as to whether he is still alive or not.

I assumed he was dead, based on what he said. The kino footage did make things a little confusing though.

he's dead
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Lieutenant Colonel Eternal Density's Avatar

I think it's bad that we need to rely on confirmation from JM to know for sure whether Caine died. It should be a little more obvious.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Watch the show, episode nine Visitation. Kane clearly states he remembers dying. The Kino footage doesn't show this, yet he tells the crew. Why would he lie?

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by dacooker View Post
    Watch the show, episode nine Visitation. Kane clearly states he remembers dying. The Kino footage doesn't show this, yet he tells the crew. Why would he lie?
    altered memory

I half expected those viewing the Kino footage to run for the observation deck, followed by a shot of Cain looking menacingly at TJ.

I'm a bit confused. If the aliens came before he died, then why is he 'dead'? Did they kill him?

i think Caine probably thinks he was dead because his faith died [he said he didnt want to die hes afraid]....

he may also only remember beginning to almost die [=dying] i.e., it 'felt' like dying; he was numb, cold shivering not fun probably figured he didnt have long]. therefore 'dying'.

if hes still alive its a convoluted answer i know. but id go w/that. well find out soon i guess.

I hate how they always do it like it could go both ways.

He was freezing already and that should only have happened if he would die like the others. On ther other Hand we have the Kino footage, where he was alive when he was found.

It could still be that his memory of dying was just, that he saw the bright light and fell asleep.