No announcement yet.

Caine's group - discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The aliens (or God or whoever) provided them with trees to cut for building shelter and make fire + water to drink. That was more than enough for start. But they couldn't believe that could they. From my point of view they didn't have faith at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
      Was it really the planet building aliens.
      Think about it, they can build an entire planet and eco system yet they cant figure out actual living beings?
      Based on no living creature on the planet when destiny found them, the alien only mastering reverse engineering the the solar system and plants life. I think that is why the Caine's group human reverse engineering failed at some point.

My guess is the solar system and the planet was recreated from the one that already dying or destroyed and beam to the new location probably due to a blackhole or pulsar nearby the previous location.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
        Based on no living creature on the planet when destiny found them, the alien only mastering reverse engineering the the solar system and plants life. I think that is why the Caine's group human reverse engineering failed at some point.
        That is really weird, because flora isn't in any way less alive than fauna, not mentioning the fact that one cannot exist without other. I think there is something else we just don't know yet.
        Last edited by Eestlanna; 30 November 2010, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eestlanna View Post
          It looked like autumn in their memory, so they should have picked mushrooms and berries. There was water, so there must have been also fish. They had ax, so nothing stopped them having trees to burn and to build some shelter. And even if they didn't had a lighter, it is possible to make fire with sun, glass and dry grass. I really don't think that grown, healthy people would die in these circumstances. Never.
          if you don't have proper fishing gear then it's not easy to fish as a novice, I have seen this on countless promo's for "survivor" and therefor I know it to be true
          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
            Was it really the planet building aliens.
            Think about it, they can build an entire planet and eco system yet they cant figure out actual living beings?
            We still don't know if they actually built the planet, or just moved it though..

True.. I don't remember seeing a single animal on that planet..

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
              if you don't have proper fishing gear then it's not easy to fish as a novice, I have seen this on countless promo's for "survivor" and therefor I know it to be true
              Proper fishing gear? All you need is a hook, line, float and some perch. You can use hairgrip, peel some plant for line, a small piece of tree bark for float and small tree branch. I made it so first time when I was 5 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                I actually don't blame them for having faith, a little faith goes a long way. But blind faith is down right dangerous, as we have witnessed.
                If they had just a little faith, they could have stayed on the Destiny with everyone else
                What Caine had, and "infected" the others with, was blind faith. They opted to believe, with no proof whatsoever, that those aliens were going to provide for everything, send them home, whatever the wish was that day. Rather than have faith in things that they had a hand in fixing (the ship) or faith in each other, (the crew), they put their faith in the complete unknown.
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Caine's biggest mistake was overestimating the aliens (or what he thought was god), they either didn't know what was going on till it was too late or couldn't get there fast enough - I don't think Caine ever considered either possibility which always seemed likely to me.

What he was right on in my opinion was that they would help, which I'm sure they would have if they had been able to.

Comment

Originally posted by Eestlanna View Post
                    Proper fishing gear? All you need is a hook, line, float and some perch. You can use hairgrip, peel some plant for line, a small piece of tree bark for float and small tree branch. I made it so first time when I was 5 years old.
                    If any of the explosives (grenades) were left they could have gone fishing, Col Mayborne style.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      If any of the explosives (grenades) were left they could have gone fishing, Col Mayborne style.
                      If there were fish, we're already kinda presuming that the aliens couldnt build actual lliving bodies that lasted a long time, I'd presume that fish would be off the creation menu as well tbh..

For all we know we might never see the planet building aliens again, it could litterally have been a planet that was made as they were a dying race, they had the scientific knowledge to create the planet but not create life, so what they do is beam everyones consciousness into the obelisk and then leave it to watch the planet, after a few million years, life evolves and they are all beamed into whatever suitable life there is at that point, weve already seem races that can put consciusnesses into other things, be it the ship with people in it that were changing planets (cant remember the episode but Daniel ended up being a regent, a pilot and someones son) also the SG1 roboclone things...

Comment

Ohhh.. Perhaps they DID that, and the oblesk was their storage facility, and the ight was their way to try and get us to help get them out..

Comment

Ya never know, maybe Caine is still alive but not Caine anymore and the shuttle was a thank you sort of thing and the clones of Caine and the rest of the group were just a way to try and communicate and see how the crew would react to them turning up again, hell maybe the entire groups is alive but not themselves, perhaps the planet building aliens can bring a body back from the dead but not actually create one....

Comment

Working...
                          X