Caine's group - discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caine's group - discussion

At the end of the episode they show kino footage of Caine pleading for help, saying he doesn't want to die. Then light fills the room, presumably from a planet-building super alien or ascended being, and he looks back toward it with wonder.

And then what... he dies? That walk in the door and are like, "hey, dude, we saw your shuttle and... oh no! We're too late!"

Originally posted by Python View Post
    At the end of the episode they show kino footage of Caine pleading for help, saying he doesn't want to die. Then light fills the room, presumably from a planet-building super alien or ascended being, and he looks back toward it with wonder.

And then what... he dies? That walk in the door and are like, "hey, dude, we saw your shuttle and... oh no! We're too late!"
    I got the impression that when they were watching the Kino footage, that that meant Cain was already dead, cause otherwise he would've like to see that footage.

If he was still alive when the aliens came to him, then they did kill him and did something lateron to bring them all back, but I got the impression they were not the real ones, they were copies with incomplete memories and maybe just means of getting a message through to the Destiny...leave us alone

Comment

that light is probably the shuttle being destroyed.

otherwise the next footage would be the Kino onboard the shuttle next to destiny

Comment

Valaur writes: “At the end of ‘Visitation’, we see that Kane in fact does live to tell the tale rather than die like his fellows. Or does he?”

Answer: He doesn’t.
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...n-eight-games/
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          that light is probably the shuttle being destroyed.

otherwise the next footage would be the Kino onboard the shuttle next to destiny
          Then why is there even footage on the kino they have in their possession, shouldnt it be destroyed as well??

Comment

That link gave me a kind of sick feeling. He gave several important pieces of information that were not clarified in the show. Not to mention his admiration for the strength of zombie-Caine's belief. I don't know what to make of someone who posits the existence of the human soul, creates a character without one, and admires that character for believing he has one. Somewhere. "Looking down." That's just too weird.

That there exist answers to so many questions and they're just not able to communicate them effectively through the narrative really means that this is a bizarre and poorly written show.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
              Then why is there even footage on the kino they have in their possession, shouldnt it be destroyed as well??
              maybe that was radiation that wiped out biological matter (and killed the kino footage)

Comment

Originally posted by Python View Post
                That link gave me a kind of sick feeling. He gave several important pieces of information that were not clarified in the show. Not to mention his admiration for the strength of zombie-Caine's belief. I don't know what to make of someone who posits the existence of the human soul, creates a character without one, and admires that character for believing he has one. Somewhere. "Looking down." That's just too weird.

That there exist answers to so many questions and they're just not able to communicate them effectively through the narrative really means that this is a bizarre and poorly written show.

There not that many questions, Rush said he disable one function of the neural interface, the computer simulation, it make sense that he turned the rest of, now he discovered where in the computer system it control interface was. This is not a show that will spell every little detail out to the audience.

Kane whether he is dead or alive will be answered next episode.

An I suspect his answers that the aliens thought they fixed them, was guest by many an why the episode did not explain in detail what the alien plans were, it pretty clear that this is just the beginning of there story an not the end. Explanations an answers will come later during the show. The show serial in nature an always has been.

I am glad there excist answers, it mean the writer have actually thought out the plot an the questions each episode raises an probably keeping a questions an answer list in the writers department which they will include in the future episodes.

As to creating a character without soul, that depends on what you thought of the character, I thought he did have a soul an was quite deep for a character that only appear in a few episodes.

Comment

I was also wondering the same thing. All the others died before the "light" came. Caine was still alive. Therefore I'm assuming that he is still alive. Maybe he can never die But this is sci-fi and anything can happen. Which makes it so entertaining for me. Hope this question of Caine is answered in the next episode.

Comment

..."Kane in fact does live to tell the tale rather than die like his fellows. Or does he?”

He doesnt - okay, that could be tricky too since it could imply he doesnt *die* [like his fellows had died]...clever answer. clever ....

Comment

I understand this as "He doesn't die" and I am sure he lives.To me the question sounds a bit confusing.

Comment

When he says i remember something nobody ever should, i thought he was refering to him killing himself, but that didnt happen, and i am also confused as to whether he is still alive or not.
                        Currently sad about SGU's cancellation, trying to do the best i can to save the franchise

Comment

I assumed he was dead, based on what he said. The kino footage did make things a little confusing though.

Comment

he's dead
                            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I think it's bad that we need to rely on confirmation from JM to know for sure whether Caine died. It should be a little more obvious.
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                              X