Eden???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eden???

So much for "planet eden" wouldn't you think if a planet is a paradise that it wouldn't be suseptable to freezing temperatures? and if the planet builders really were benevolent wouldn't they do something about the inclement weather or provide the people with more shelter and warmth?

Cain and co were shortsighted, they died of naivety more than anything!

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
    So much for "planet eden" wouldn't you think if a planet is a paradise that it wouldn't be suseptable to freezing temperatures? and if the planet builders really were benevolent wouldn't they do something about the inclement weather or provide the people with more shelter and warmth?

Those planet builders respect faith and nature once it is established, thats for sure. And freezing cold is also here on Earth in places that have good summers, so no strange things there. Caine and co didnt have good winterclothing, shelter etc.

Comment

A winter wonderland can be an "Eden" just as long as you have a warm hutt to go to when it gets too much
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
        Caine and co didnt have good winterclothing, shelter etc.
        In which case they should never have stayed there in the first place. They were told that the winters would get especially cold and yet they decided to stay and put their faith in some God like higher power which they assumed was benevolent. Assumption being the mother of all frak ups, they got what they deserved. To quote Oliver Cromwell: "Put your trust in God, but keep your powder dry."
        Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
          In which case they should never have stayed there in the first place. They were told that the winters would get especially cold and yet they decided to stay and put their faith in some God like higher power which they assumed was benevolent. Assumption being the mother of all frak ups, they got what they deserved. To quote Oliver Cromwell: "Put your trust in God, but keep your powder dry."
          Greer said it best, when he described them as "science types, with low survival skills" or some such.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Comment

You can be smart and still do stupid things

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
              And freezing cold is also here on Earth in places that have good summers, so no strange things there.
              Yes but is Earth paradise?
              SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
              SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
              ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
              Spoiler:
              *beep*
              Young: "What the hell was that?"
              Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post
                Yes but is Earth paradise?
                It is for a thin band around the equator. Anywhere else you are SOL without civilization or some idea of what youre doing. Theres a reason the American colonies had an 80%+ mortality rate.

Comment

Why didn't they made fire? To stay warm?
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                    It is for a thin band around the equator. Anywhere else you are SOL without civilization or some idea of what youre doing. Theres a reason the American colonies had an 80%+ mortality rate.
                    My question was rhetorical . But in any case, I don't think there's such thing a paradise because the word is subject to interpretation. My paradise and your paradise may greatly differ. Besides, I'd hardly say that the Earth is a peaceful place... yet. Though, yes there are some beautiful places.

Spoiler:
                    *beep*
                    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                      They did. It wasn't enough.

Spoiler:
                      *beep*

Comment

Actually, when you consider those countries, the thin band around the Equator tend to be a real ****hole. Yea, the weather is mild, but there are other problems, i.e. insects and disease. They really shouldn't have picked a spot at random, they should have found a sea with a warming current which would moderate the weather (i.e. California or Hawaii) They should have studied the planet's rotation and axis wobble, because seasons could be drastically different what we have on Earth. For being "science-types" they weren't too bright. Lacking survival skills doesn't necessarily mean death if you are smart enough, the early American settlers lacked skills, yes, but they also lacked knowledge, being mostly uneducated by today's standards (although scholarly people back then were highly literate by today's standards, i.e. read some of their letters, no one today could write like that, they lacked any basis of science at all)

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                        Because there were apparently stupid. They had a shuttle designed for space (meaning it is insulated against temperatures down to a few degrees above absolute zero) but they left the door WIDE open. They said it was because the ship was airtight, but it would take that group probably a day to use the oxygen in that large shuttle, so why not only open it for a few minutes each day to replenish the oxygen and get rid of CO2? Their body heat would eventually warm the inside. Or at the very least stack rocks into a wall at the open doorway, letting air in but keeping most of the heat inside (the rugby team in "Alive" knew enough to do that, stacking luggage in the open end of the plane)

If you built a fire right next to the wall and left a stone out the top, the pressure differential would take the smoke out the opening. Jeez people, at the very least find a bed-rock cave, they stay the same temperature year-round... primitive man lived in them for a reason!

Comment

I'm suprised they didn't try to migrate to a warmer part of the planet-maybe they couldn't find a warmer place?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post

Are you making the assumption that the planet is a paradise because those who chose to stay behind took to calling it Eden? These people were idiots to stay behind in the first place. You can't really assume the planet is a paradise based on the actions of people making a stupid choice.
                            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

What if this planet is something like a vacation spot for those aliens and if we assume that they live at freezing temperatures this winter is the perfect season for them.This could explain why they came so late and why they created a planet with so harsh winters.Am I speaking nonsense again?
                              Last edited by Stalekon; 25 November 2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X