No announcement yet.

What happened to Eli's grief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the powers that be DID film it, but for what ever reason it made it on the cutting room floor for time constraints.. and we will see it in a Kinosode.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Maybe the powers that be DID film it, but for what ever reason it made it on the cutting room floor for time constraints.. and we will see it in a Kinosode.
      We don't get kinosodes anymore.

/downer.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

it's highly probable that some of those scenes died in the cutting room.

but people can swallow their pain and grief and express it at other times. right now i see no need to anvil the fact that both lost beloved. Eli has a job to do. Rush has a job to do. both know that, and right now there is no real substitute for them. even if rush was dying he wouldn't allow anyone else near critical systems.

also work tends to be a pretty good diversion for people with grief.

lastly, it's safe to assume Eli talked to Chloe. and that he cries in bed. Rush doesn't really have anyone to talk to, but i guess he can get over it by work, like he did with Gloria

i scent revisiting this in some flashback/mind game episode

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          ...but people can swallow their pain and grief and express it at other times. right now i see no need to anvil the fact that both lost beloved. Eli has a job to do. Rush has a job to do.
          Well, considering Rush *cried* in front of Scott and Greer in Malice and Eli went and played soldier boy dress up, ready to do a Rambo imitation on Simeon (as did Rush), it's still a stretch to assume they suddenly internalize every single speck of emotion. They were both pretty demonstrative in the last episode.

My bet is still on written and/or filmed out of order. It's a little like when the gang gated back to Destiny after Lost, when they had lost Greer and didn't acknowledge the fact that he might have been dead. There's a video of Levesque and Blue commenting that by the time they were shooting that scene, the previous episode wasn't written, so no one had an idea that they should be kind of surprised to see Greer .

Comment

i think that eli is trying to move on and is grieving silently.

as for rush, to me he seems to be the type that will grieve when alone mostly (except for that one scene). and will take his grieve into action (as seen in the show).

young was depressed on everything that was happening, but he is beginning to realize he needs to be a better commander.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
              i think that eli is trying to move on and is grieving silently.

as for rush, to me he seems to be the type that will grieve when alone mostly (except for that one scene). and will take his grieve into action (as seen in the show).

young was depressed on everything that was happening, but he is beginning to realize he needs to be a better commander.
              I agree about Rush and Young. Rush went to his quarters in "Air" and wept silently. However, Eli is more of a person who grieves with others IMO. He will probably talk about it with Chloe later, but the rest of it will probably be in private.

Comment

Am I the only one who saw the grief on Eli's face in this episode? I didn't see the need for a melt down or anything this episode. With the situation with Chloe I'm sure we'll see more of a response of him being depressed. I certainly didn't get the feeling Eli was back to his old self at all.

As for Rush he had a melt down in front of Greer and Scoot and I had the feeling he may have felt embarrassed about that. He always seems to want people to see him in control. In this episode he seems to be using his work as an excuse to move on.

In SGU I don't see the grief that both of these characters went through to be locked in closet and never to resurface again.
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Well, considering Rush *cried* in front of Scott and Greer in Malice and Eli went and played soldier boy dress up, ready to do a Rambo imitation on Simeon (as did Rush), it's still a stretch to assume they suddenly internalize every single speck of emotion. They were both pretty demonstrative in the last episode.
                  but that was his realisation that he was responsible for it all.

people deal with grief in different ways. Rush is more the type that uses work to do that

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    Rush is more the type that uses work to do that
                    I wish I was more like Rush in that sense.
                    SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                    SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                    ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                    Spoiler:
                    *beep*
                    Young: "What the hell was that?"
                    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Originally posted by Kelara View Post

My bet is still on written and/or filmed out of order. It's a little like when the gang gated back to Destiny after Lost, when they had lost Greer and didn't acknowledge the fact that he might have been dead. There's a video of Levesque and Blue commenting that by the time they were shooting that scene, the previous episode wasn't written, so no one had an idea that they should be kind of surprised to see Greer .
                      But look at how much time just walking it took for rush to do so..

Am I the only one who saw the grief on Eli's face in this episode? I didn't see the need for a melt down or anything this episode. With the situation with Chloe I'm sure we'll see more of a response of him being depressed. I certainly didn't get the feeling Eli was back to his old self at all.
                      Must have missed it..

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post

As for Rush he had a melt down in front of Greer and Scoot and I had the feeling he may have felt embarrassed about that. He always seems to want people to see him in control. In this episode he seems to be using his work as an excuse to move on.

In SGU I don't see the grief that both of these characters went through to be locked in closet and never to resurface again.
                        I agree with this post. Plus I think their grief may be addressed more in depth in a future episode.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                          I understand that losing Chloe was more the story this week than losing Ginn a week ago, but all it would've taken was one line. Seriously.

Eli's Kino Scene: "I'm losing Chloe... like I lost Ginn."

Bam. That's it. That would've told us he was still thinking about her, added a weight to the potential loss of Chloe and just really would've been a better alternative to nothing. Ideally, I would've gotten that and a small Rush moment, but nope. Only Greer's sling referenced Malice.

Probably my first actual disappointment with the show's writers since how the LA was dealt with in Aftermath.

See, that makes sense, yeah, but some things like that really shouldn't be cut. It's a character show, and the tiniest things matter, especially if it ties into the previous episodes and doesn't make the character look like he doesn't care. They could've easily trimmed the fat off some other scenes for at least twenty seconds and just one impacting Eli line.
                          I agree, it would have been great to see something like this. They should have cut something with Caine to make room for it (if this was the reason it wasn't shown) he was annoying enough in the episode.
                          In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

Camille has tried to ask him about it and his face just hardened as he turned and walked away. He just doesn't want to talk about it because it hurts too much. Even Chloe tried to console him but he brushed her off. I think we'll see Eli crack eventually. Right now he's choosing not to talk about it.

Comment

Working...
                            X