What happened to Eli's grief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Eli's grief?

Was anyone else disappointed that they didn't even mention Ginn's death, or how Eli's dealing with it? I'm not sure how much time is supposed to be passing between episodes, but it seems like they should've had at least one scene where he was crying on Chloe's shoulder, or something. But he seems to suddenly be back to his normal self (well, normal for him anyway)

Maybe hes hiding it from everyone and will soon explode

Comment

Well, then maybe something like:

"Eli, how you holding up? You wanna talk about...."
      "I'm fine."
      "You sure? It's only been a week since...."
      "Really, I'm fine. Everything's A-okay."

Comment

Yeah it's annoying how they don't continue the storyline.

Comment

it died

Comment

I don't see the point. This episode wasn't about Eli
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
              Yeah it's annoying how they don't continue the storyline.
              even rush seems normal
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I don't see the point. This episode wasn't about Eli
                So? They could easily throw a 45-second scene in there somewhere. Nobody says an episode has to only focus on one story arc.

Comment

They paid lip service to it near the start when Eli remarks on how he's losing Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
                    So? They could easily throw a 45-second scene in there somewhere. Nobody says an episode has to only focus on one story arc.
                    They could but I don't see the point. It would feel jarring considering how little Eli was in this episode
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
                      Was anyone else disappointed that they didn't even mention Ginn's death, or how Eli's dealing with it? I'm not sure how much time is supposed to be passing between episodes, but it seems like they should've had at least one scene where he was crying on Chloe's shoulder, or something. But he seems to suddenly be back to his normal self (well, normal for him anyway)
                      It isn't long after the previous episode, since Greer has his arm in a sling from the gunshot wound inflicted by Simeon. So it would seem only a day or two or three have passed since that incident. I, too, was a bit disappointed that there wasn't even a little emotion of some kind with Eli over losing Ginn.

Also, Young seems to have recovered completely from his big depression that Scott had to drag him out of a couple of episodes back (unless there will be more to it in the future).

TJ seems to be the only one still grieving in any way because of the loss of her child; at least they haven't just dismissed that as though it didn't happen.

And Rush seems to be right back to his old self, as well, even after the loss of Mandy.

Comment

He was about to go try to kill her murderer, but Young talked him out of it. I doubt that he would have gone through with it, because Eli is such a good person (although, good people can do some very bad things). My guess is that they will probably bring it up in one of the next few episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                          it died
                          nice.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                            Maybe hes hiding it from everyone and will soon explode
                            Like Young said:
                            Eli has a big mouth.
                            Eli has a very healthy stress management mechanism of venting positively to others. He doesn't just keep stuff bottled up inside IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              It isn't long after the previous episode, since Greer has his arm in a sling from the gunshot wound inflicted by Simeon. So it would seem only a day or two or three have passed since that incident. I, too, was a bit disappointed that there wasn't even a little emotion of some kind with Eli over losing Ginn.

Also, Young seems to have recovered completely from his big depression that Scott had to drag him out of a couple of episodes back (unless there will be more to it in the future).

TJ seems to be the only one still grieving in any way because of the loss of her child; at least they haven't just dismissed that as though it didn't happen.

And Rush seems to be right back to his old self, as well, even after the loss of Mandy.

Well, at the beginning of the episode we see Eli recording video diary - he is clearly suffering, but quietly now (that's how we geeks do it). He is loosing all his dear ones. It will change him. We just won't see this change so fast.

Yong was in depression because of drinking. He stopped to do that and also revelation of the bridge and Rush secret helped him to understand that it wasn't all his fault. So I'm quite happy that they didn't make him to suffer more. It was very relaxing to see him comfort TJ, although with words only (but that's a start) and be responsive as good commander should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X