So was TJs baby....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So was TJs baby....

transported to the planet only to die of gunshot wounds a few hours later? That's what I like to think.

I think the baby died, but the ship tried to make her feel better by letting her know the baby was in a better place.

sigpic

Comment

I agree with SaberBlade. I also think that at the time TJ was on the table in Intevention, the 7 on the Faith planet were already dead as well and in the afterlife, and T.J. had traveled out- of -body to the after-life,(Where Caine, ect already were.) where she was she was assured that Carmen would be well taken care of. That is why she couldn't stay, and the baby couldn't come back with her. that's my theory, although I would love for the baby to be alive somewhere.

Comment

The baby has always bothered me... I can't believe that TJ didn't ask to see it. It was nearly full-term and would have looked like any baby (except dead of course) - They are on a spaceship, it is a totally enclosed environment, its not like they buried it while she was unconscious.

I assume that Destiny is burying their dead in space via airlocks, but I am sure that either Young or TJ would have seen the body before it was removed. It is really pushing suspension of disbelief that she didn't, especially when she thinks that it "might" have been sent to the planet. I hope the writers don't think that someone as far along as TJ would just absorb the fetus or expel it like in an early miscarriage, because if the baby died as far along as she was they would have to get it out immediately or she would die.
        transported to the planet only to die of gunshot wounds a few hours later? That's what I like to think.
        I don't think she was shot in the baby itself, I think her blood pressure probably went too low from shock and blood loss and the baby died that way, can happen in traumatic injuries to the mother.

Comment

Michael's clones have the baby.
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
            I agree with SaberBlade. I also think that at the time TJ was on the table in Intevention, the 7 on the Faith planet were already dead as well and in the afterlife, and T.J. had traveled out- of -body to the after-life,(Where Caine, ect already were.) where she was she was assured that Carmen would be well taken care of. That is why she couldn't stay, and the baby couldn't come back with her. that's my theory, although I would love for the baby to be alive somewhere.
            I don't think all of them could have been already dead as it goes against what we see at the very end of the visitation episode in which the last colonist alive pleads for help and a blinding light envelops everything, Had they been months dead what happened between that time and the time they appeared near the Destiny?
            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Yes, assuming those came back are the real ones stayed behind on the planet, then they were frozen to death, there were no cabins like in TJ's dream.

Then TJ's dream was just a dream, or the ship tried to comfort her. The baby was definitely dead.

We don't even know the baby is a girl, it could possibly be a boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
                The baby has always bothered me... I can't believe that TJ didn't ask to see it. It was nearly full-term and would have looked like any baby (except dead of course) - They are on a spaceship, it is a totally enclosed environment, its not like they buried it while she was unconscious.

I assume that Destiny is burying their dead in space via airlocks, but I am sure that either Young or TJ would have seen the body before it was removed. It is really pushing suspension of disbelief that she didn't, especially when she thinks that it "might" have been sent to the planet. I hope the writers don't think that someone as far along as TJ would just absorb the fetus or expel it like in an early miscarriage, because if the baby died as far along as she was they would have to get it out immediately or she would die.

I don't think she was shot in the baby itself, I think her blood pressure probably went too low from shock and blood loss and the baby died that way, can happen in traumatic injuries to the mother.
                Good point. I guess the writers didn't think of that. You are the first to point that out that I've seen so the rest of us just assumed the baby was on the planet. TJ being the ships medical officer would be required to deal with the babies body normally. They haven't explained what they do with dead bodies yet either. Interesting stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  I think the baby died, but the ship tried to make her feel better by letting her know the baby was in a better place.
                  this
                  sigpic

Comment

No!

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...n-eight-games/

Ponytail writes: “If they are all dead now, either the baby is too or it was never there.”

Answer: Considering Caine had no knowledge of baby Carmen, the latter theory seems to hold more weight.

Jason writes: “So the events in tonights episode directly contradict T.J.’s vision. However, her vision had a strong sign/prediction suggesting it was true (the nebula). Will this ever be resolved in the series, or is it left to the viewer to decide?”

Answer: Well, given Destiny’s ability to detect cosmic phenomena (see next episode), one might assume the ship fashioned the vision in a way that it would appear true to T.J. in order to spare her the pain of losing her daughter. Either that or there’s more to the vision than everyone assumes.

Comment

assuming the infirmary crew during the LA attack and TJ's coma-dreams never noticed due to commotion of TJ baby Carmen 'blinking out' like the shuttle coming back in visitation - and assuming the baby is *still* with the faith planet aliens - why would they hang on to her?

what kind of beings are they, if not ascended it seems like Oris powers to pop into existence like the ori did on earth w/o using gates [im NOT saying theyre ori, nooooo] - id at least like to see if they have a form and what they look like sometime later in this season.

as for the baby, well, it seems shes probably dead on the ship. thats something that bothers me though, we never hear even any conversation indicating [i dont think?] deceased were removed from the ship [maybe once, i forget?].

course maybe the destiny has same powers those aliens on that planet have, which could mean something but its a crazy random dumb guess.
                        Last edited by greenguywithlasereye; 24 November 2010, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          Destiny definitely knows how to take care of the crew; it's a smart ship.

Comment

I think lying to the crew and not letting them grieve is not a good idea.

Comment

maybe the baby is the ship traveled through time and turned into a ship through a black hole to warn the crew about space chimps

Comment

Working...
                              X