Repair Bot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair Bot!

Anybody else catch the repair bot working on the hydroponics dome?
    Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

I saw that. It's very impressive how much plant life they have going now.

The ship is coming together nicely.

Comment

Saw that. But it would have been cooler to have some tech guy hangin there saying "Hey guys a little help here"

Originally posted by KlaxxonBlue View Post
      It's very impressive how much plant life they have going now.
      They should bring Teal'C on board, he could tell them a thing or two about groing plants inside a spaceship from his expiriece with Landry in Unending :-)
      Riley: "Hey what happened to you"
      Brody: "SHUT UP!"

Eli: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Athur C. Clarke "
      Young: "Turn the Mic back on. Winston Churchill"

Comment

Yet, with the trailer for next weeks epi, Young was right they should have concentrated on weps.

Comment

First I was sort of hoping they'd use the dome for some public activities like soccer ( like they were playing on the faith planet) ^^

This is probably nice too, I hope we see the dome more often. Is it a set, or backgroundpicture/CGI?

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
            First I was sort of hoping they'd use the dome for some public activities like soccer ( like they were playing on the faith planet) ^^

This is probably nice too, I hope we see the dome more often. Is it a set, or backgroundpicture/CGI?
            For the moment it seems like mostly CGI. Sure we are going to have some scenes in it, but still I think most of it is going to stay CGI
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero View Post
              Anybody else catch the repair bot working on the hydroponics dome?
              we should start a thunk thread
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post

You'd think you could put the plants inside the ship since the dome doesn't really provide reliable access to sunlight and its an awfully big risk to put your food supply so close to space.
                Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

I'd like to know why they haven't been using the repair droid all along, the ship would be like new.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero View Post
                    You'd think you could put the plants inside the ship since the dome doesn't really provide reliable access to sunlight and its an awfully big risk to put your food supply so close to space.
                    Yes the dome room serves a purpose, I'm pretty sure this isn't it. Or is it?
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd like to know why they haven't been using the repair droid all along, the ship would be like new.
                      1: it was only discovered in Sabotage. that's like 12 episode ago or so.
                      2: the Repair bot has such a huge list of things to do. among them: repairing tons of weapons, repairing tons of unaccessible areas, repairing lots of power conduits and what not.

Comment

After all the moping and suffering, I was glad to see the drone doing its job. The dome seems to be completely repaired.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                          Because you have to programme it to carry out tasks. Took them weeks to programme to to remove the engine an that was with two of earth best scientist working 24 seven on it. It could of taken them months just to programme it to repair bots to repair the dome.

They made the point in trial an error that they did not even understand how the weapon power systems functions, so programming a robot to repair them would be difficult. An I suspect those unexplained energy surges are a polite warning from destiny to leave them alone as well.
                          It also looking like the CGI model of the destiny has less holes, which perhaps point to them using the bot to repair the outer hull first, this way they will be spending less energy on using the shields to keep those areas air tight. Which should reduce the demands on the power systems. Also making it easier to repair those in the future. Also the hull repairs does not require that much knowledge of Destiny systems to carry out. It just slap a piece of metal across the hole an wield in place.
                          The dome may of been there biggest challenge since they use it to remove one of the engines.
                          Last edited by knowles2; 24 November 2010, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Is the dome the same as the first time we saw it? I don't remember it looking as big as it does now.

Comment

It appears that the repair bot is gradually going to be making Destiny more and more functional. So I guess it knows where the spare parts are stored on Destiny.

Something like the repair bot would be a necessity for any long term mission like this. It makes sense.

I am glad they introduced it. I was getting sick of the constant struggle for basic survival.

Comment

Working...
                              X