Remi Aubuchon & Linda McGibney, the newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remi Aubuchon & Linda McGibney, the newbies

Now that Remi Aubuchon's first SGU episode ''Visitation'' has aired I thought about making a thread deicated to discussing the two new writers.

So far do you like the new writers? Even though only one episode of theirs has been aired?

Do you feel that having new writers on Stargate after so long is a nice change in pace?

Didn't know where to put this so just stuck it in the Season Two Episodes sub-forum.

Remi has impressed this fan, at any rate.

He's done a decent job of cleaning up a messy loose end from S1, and put in a powerful B story with Chloe, which has been few and far between.

Giving Chloe a heavy scene without Scott or Rush is in itself worthy of praise, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
      Remi has impressed this fan, at any rate.

He's done a decent job of cleaning up a messy loose end from S1, and put in a powerful B story with Chloe, which has been few and far between.

Giving Chloe a heavy scene without Scott or Rush is in itself worthy of praise, imo.
      Agreed. Truly great scene.

Comment

the episode is not 100% his, any episode goes by Wright.

but yea, i love the fact that these writers don't just bring fresh ideas but also execute them nicely and make one hell of an episode.

Comment

All agreed, the newbies thing is definitely working. "Visitation" is a decent episode, it boosts the rating too.

Not meaning that I don't like the old writers, but the newbies brings us some fresh points.

Comment

there's new writers? i did not know this
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Remi Aubuchon has also been a consulting producer on numerous SGU episodes. Lind McGibney has been a supervising producer on numerous SGU episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                Remi wrote Visitation, Linda wrote an episode in the back half.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Newbies is such an annoying and degrading word.

Comment

As far as episodes written by franchise newcomers:

Denis McGrath (Faith) -- Good
                    Jeff Vlaming (Human) -- Outstanding
                    Barbara Marshall (Sabotage) -- Okay
                    Remi Aubuchon (Visitation) -- Great

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    Just a few, really. McGrath, Vlaming, and Marshall were freelancers. Aubuchon and McGibney have producer credits on the series as well and are offering up their first writing credits this year. Aubuchon contributed Visitation and wrote the upcoming Seizure (2.15), while Linda McGibney's episodes don't debut till the second half (2.13 Alliances and 2.19 Blockade).
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                    X