Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would the aliens do this? - Something that puzzles me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't communicate with ants. When I was young I have watched them. I have poked at them. I have watched as they struggled to get out of water. Sometimes I have helped them. Sometimes I have killed them. Sometimes I have just stepped on them. Not on purpose, but not trying to avoid them either.

But I have never sent any message to any ant.

If these beings are so far ahead of us as is implied, then they simply don't care about us. Maybe one or more of them was having a really good eon, was in a good mood, and took 2 seconds out of its existence to help one of the bugs running around its planet. Maybe it's now watching the bugs to see what they do next. Maybe it doesn't care anymore and is doing something else.
    Last edited by gravityStar; 25 November 2010, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      Morgan Le Fay has not be restricted to the MW galaxy, she has been seen on Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy, many planets in the MW, and in the Ori Galaxy
      And how do you know that she wasn't shadowing Daniel Jackson through the stargate to both Pegasus and the Ori galaxy? Even ascended Orlin and the Pegasus chick used the stargate to travel within a galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
        I know the movie, but not much more of him and I am sorry to say that I didnt really care for that movie. I watched it and found it quite entertaining and semi-ridicolous, which gave it plus points.
        Sorry for the OT post here

The movie for HHGttG was "ok" but the BBC miniseries was a bucket-load better

OT:
        Is there now 2 threads discussing almost identical points now, or am I now hallucinating?
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
          Planet builders? I take it your not a Douglas Adams fan then?
          Nope.. never read any of his stuff.. but i did hear that name before.

Once Rush confirms to Caine what the mission is all about they start dropping like flies, coincidence?
          That is an interesting hypothesis... But didn't that chick die before rush was talking with caine?

The problem I have with this is that by the time TJ had her dream or vision they were already in the current galaxy, the Faith planet was in the previous galaxy. So far all ascended beings have been restriced to their own galaxy and even there they still used Stargates to travel great distances.
          Who's to say they are the same as our ascended ancients?? Maybe they are higher up on the 'ascended evolutionary chain and so are not tied to their home galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by gravityStar View Post
            I don't communicate with ants. When I was young I have watched them. I have poked at them. I have watched as they struggled to get out of water. Sometimes I have helped them. Sometimes I have killed them. Sometimes I have just stepped on them. Not on purpose, but not trying to avoid them either.

If these beings are so far ahead of us as is implied, then they simply don't care about us. Maybe one or more of them was having a really good eon, was in a good mood, and took 2 seconds out of its existence to help one of the bugs running around its planet. Maybe it's now watching the bugs to see what they do next. Maybe it doesn't care anymore and is doing something else.
            I believe what you said is partly true. But the part of them not caring feel wrong to me. The reasoning is that these aliens can relate to us. Because they had been there (level of tech and knowledge) millions of years ago. Also an ant is an ant. It doesnt travel the stars in spaceships. Maybe it wil in millions of years time but I hghly doubt it. Else it would have evolved a long time ago if you look at how long they have been around.

Also i think the aliens did this out of remorse and guild. I would feel guilty if i build something and that something ended up being the reason someone died.

Comment

I tend to agree with Young's assessment that this act is like a big experiment. It does seem like a pretty clever, if cruel way to learn about a new race. Show them their dead and see how they react. You'd instantly find out a lot about their level of progression, their society and their beliefs.

Comment

Lol, I used to play with ants and watch ants too when I was a kid. Sometimes I'd smush them a bit but not kill them(I was a kid lol) and watch the other ants come by and pick up the smushed ant and carry it off; sometimes I'd drop crumbs so they could eat; I used to like watching them carry the crumbs around.
                I saw the Faith aliens almost the same way you did. They might have never encountered humans and maybe they were curious about them when they found them on the planet they made; so the watched them for a bit. I don't think they were being malicious in watching them die on the planet; maybe they just didn't know better or care much since they didn't really know much about humans and perhaps thought them insignificant. Finally only one of them was left and he was going to die and maybe one of the aliens felt bad for Caine and about everything that happened to the others; maybe one of the aliens had grown attached(in a way) to the humans on the planet, and started to understand the humans and what they had been/were going through, and tried to fix them and send them back to the others like them.
                sigpic

Comment

So the aliens didn't know that a woman would die of head trauma WITHOUT a blow to head? Oh good, because that's what I and every other sound-thinking person would think as well. So, if they don't know how it happened, shoot. Guess we'll never get an explanation for that one.

Smooth. [/sarcasm]

Comment

Yes, yet they sell ant farms and people buy them.

Just saying, some people take interest in different things. How many ascended beings are there? We've only ever seen a few, the few that took interest.
                    sigpic

Comment

The aliens did it as a gift I think, to them it was giving the people that stayed behind a chance to say good bye...
                      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                        I think that perhaps people are expecting these aliens to behave like aliens we've seen in previous episodes - ascended, but essentially "us" - when these guys may be truly alien. That level of intelligence doesn't necessarily imply benevolence. We could be lab rats or playthings to them, or worse.
                        I'm hoping for something along those lines.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                          The aliens did it as a gift I think, to them it was giving the people that stayed behind a chance to say good bye...
                          I saw it as a chance to say goodbye until I read JM's blog where he said the aliens didn't know that the people would die again when they sent them back. Was that just his interpretation of it or how its supposed to actually be seen? Either way I think the alien(s) felt bad about what went down on the planet, especially after they saw Caine dying alone in the cold, then at least one of them decided to intervene and do something to try to help the humans.
                          sigpic

Comment

It could just be a simple matter of legal tenants vs squatters :d

N.C

Comment

lol, but dead squatters wouldn't be a problem anymore.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                                What possible reason could the Magrathean's have for reanimating the 8 people left on the planet and then whisking them off to another galaxy to meet up with the Destiny? Caine asks Rush about the Destiny's original mission, perhaps that's what the Magrathean's were after?
                                This sounds really plausible, and deceptive, however.
                                Then why return a perfect condition shuttle to us?

That is what really puzzles me about this, other then the writers wanting a shuttle back, but why brand new?

Comment

Working...
                                X