Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would the aliens do this? - Something that puzzles me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
    Sorry, never heard of him. Shoot me now!
    Honestly? Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy? Classic, off the wall SciFi from a magnificent writer. I really do suggest you phone your local library and order some of his books!
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      Like Young said, "Feels like a science experiment" - not an exact quote but similar to what he said
      yup a weird one
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Methinks that the Trojan Horse analogy is a good one. The Magrathean's wanted to know more about these strange bipedal hairless apes that happen to have landed on and then perished upon one of their planets so they whip up a few doppelgänger's and send them back to Destiny to infiltrate and observe the Destinites and to find out the purpose of the Destiny project. Once Rush confirms to Caine what the mission is all about they start dropping like flies, coincidence?
        Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
          Honestly? Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy? Classic, off the wall SciFi from a magnificent writer. I really do suggest you phone your local library and order some of his books!
          I know the movie, but not much more of him and I am sorry to say that I didnt really care for that movie. I watched it and found it quite entertaining and semi-ridicolous, which gave it plus points.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
            I know the movie, but not much more of him and I am sorry to say that I didnt really care for that movie. I watched it and found it quite entertaining and semi-ridicolous, which gave it plus points.
            It wasnt a bad movie, the books are awesome though!

Comment

i think the TJ dream was a good old Out of Body Experience. no Destiny powers or Magrathean power.

found it quite entertaining and semi-ridicolous
              i think that that was the purpose. like Tea being the hardest thing to synthesize in the entire universe.

the Magratheans IMO didn't transport anything or anyone. i believe they just completely created the shuttle and contents from scratch. like the planet and star.

i think they did this to tell the Destiny people what had happened

Comment

I think that the aliens really tried to help. I think that the notion of death eludes them. The probably found them in that state and with the knowledge and power they had the brought them back to life. Thinking that was the best thing to do.

Comment

Its pissing me off actually. These 'aliens' doing magic tricks behind the curtain without any real purpose or explanation of why they are doing so. Thus us having to endure the nonsense being spouted by the likes of scott and the people who came back from the planet. Its been about a season since we first encountered these so called magical aliens and as of yet have been given no further info on them other than they like white lights and enjoy doing things just for the hell of it.

Comment

Hopefully we may learn more about these aliens by seasons end.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The aliens send a message this way, that the Destiny crew should never stop untill their mission is succeeded.
                      Caine's crew were not fully revived and without a soul, Caine did not have all of his memories, just what was needed, because these aliens probably have respect for faith, so these people cannot escape their faith and this way they could say goodbye and bring a new shuttle. It is also a message that is a kind of warning not to go searching for them, cause of the high intelligence difference.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        So maybe the vision/dream TJ had was the planet builders, taking her to their 'realm' where they exist, taking the baby (which at this point has died), and giving her the vision to make her feel all was ok..

And i do think by the time it happened, the planet dwellers were already dead.
                        The problem I have with this is that by the time TJ had her dream or vision they were already in the current galaxy, the Faith planet was in the previous galaxy. So far all ascended beings have been restriced to their own galaxy and even there they still used Stargates to travel great distances.

Comment

Perhaps the Magrathean's didnt want a tatty, busted up shuttle spoiling the views on Eden so they returned to sender.

Comment

Nathan writes: “The kind of aliens that would put people back with their friends and kind of family, knowing they’d just die. How horrible is that!?!?”

Answer: The aliens didn’t know they would just end up dying again. They assumed they had “fixed” them.
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...n-eight-games/
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I expected him to keep that in the loop, cause it doesnt make sense that the ones we saw in the ep were the originals but didnt have their memories intact

Comment

Originally posted by Shiarnaq View Post
                                The problem I have with this is that by the time TJ had her dream or vision they were already in the current galaxy, the Faith planet was in the previous galaxy. So far all ascended beings have been restriced to their own galaxy and even there they still used Stargates to travel great distances.
                                Morgan Le Fay has not be restricted to the MW galaxy, she has been seen on Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy, many planets in the MW, and in the Ori Galaxy

Comment

Working...
                                X