Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Why would the aliens do this? - Something that puzzles me.

i think the TJ dream was a good old Out of Body Experience. no Destiny powers or Magrathean power.

found it quite entertaining and semi-ridicolous
    i think that that was the purpose. like Tea being the hardest thing to synthesize in the entire universe.

the Magratheans IMO didn't transport anything or anyone. i believe they just completely created the shuttle and contents from scratch. like the planet and star.

i think they did this to tell the Destiny people what had happened

Chief Master Sergeant

I think that the aliens really tried to help. I think that the notion of death eludes them. The probably found them in that state and with the knowledge and power they had the brought them back to life. Thinking that was the best thing to do.

Its pissing me off actually. These 'aliens' doing magic tricks behind the curtain without any real purpose or explanation of why they are doing so. Thus us having to endure the nonsense being spouted by the likes of scott and the people who came back from the planet. Its been about a season since we first encountered these so called magical aliens and as of yet have been given no further info on them other than they like white lights and enjoy doing things just for the hell of it.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Hopefully we may learn more about these aliens by seasons end.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

The aliens send a message this way, that the Destiny crew should never stop untill their mission is succeeded.
    Caine's crew were not fully revived and without a soul, Caine did not have all of his memories, just what was needed, because these aliens probably have respect for faith, so these people cannot escape their faith and this way they could say goodbye and bring a new shuttle. It is also a message that is a kind of warning not to go searching for them, cause of the high intelligence difference.

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    So maybe the vision/dream TJ had was the planet builders, taking her to their 'realm' where they exist, taking the baby (which at this point has died), and giving her the vision to make her feel all was ok..

And i do think by the time it happened, the planet dwellers were already dead.
    The problem I have with this is that by the time TJ had her dream or vision they were already in the current galaxy, the Faith planet was in the previous galaxy. So far all ascended beings have been restriced to their own galaxy and even there they still used Stargates to travel great distances.

Perhaps the Magrathean's didnt want a tatty, busted up shuttle spoiling the views on Eden so they returned to sender.
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Nathan writes: “The kind of aliens that would put people back with their friends and kind of family, knowing they’d just die. How horrible is that!?!?”

Answer: The aliens didn’t know they would just end up dying again. They assumed they had “fixed” them.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...n-eight-games/

I expected him to keep that in the loop, cause it doesnt make sense that the ones we saw in the ep were the originals but didnt have their memories intact

Quote Originally Posted by Shiarnaq View Post
    The problem I have with this is that by the time TJ had her dream or vision they were already in the current galaxy, the Faith planet was in the previous galaxy. So far all ascended beings have been restriced to their own galaxy and even there they still used Stargates to travel great distances.
    Morgan Le Fay has not be restricted to the MW galaxy, she has been seen on Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy, many planets in the MW, and in the Ori Galaxy

I don't communicate with ants. When I was young I have watched them. I have poked at them. I have watched as they struggled to get out of water. Sometimes I have helped them. Sometimes I have killed them. Sometimes I have just stepped on them. Not on purpose, but not trying to avoid them either.

But I have never sent any message to any ant.

If these beings are so far ahead of us as is implied, then they simply don't care about us. Maybe one or more of them was having a really good eon, was in a good mood, and took 2 seconds out of its existence to help one of the bugs running around its planet. Maybe it's now watching the bugs to see what they do next. Maybe it doesn't care anymore and is doing something else.
    Last edited by gravityStar; November 25th, 2010 at 02:22 PM.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by General Jumper One View Post
    Morgan Le Fay has not be restricted to the MW galaxy, she has been seen on Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy, many planets in the MW, and in the Ori Galaxy
    And how do you know that she wasn't shadowing Daniel Jackson through the stargate to both Pegasus and the Ori galaxy? Even ascended Orlin and the Pegasus chick used the stargate to travel within a galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    I know the movie, but not much more of him and I am sorry to say that I didnt really care for that movie. I watched it and found it quite entertaining and semi-ridicolous, which gave it plus points.
    Sorry for the OT post here

The movie for HHGttG was "ok" but the BBC miniseries was a bucket-load better

OT:
    Is there now 2 threads discussing almost identical points now, or am I now hallucinating?

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Shai Hulud View Post
    Planet builders? I take it your not a Douglas Adams fan then?
    Nope.. never read any of his stuff.. but i did hear that name before.

Once Rush confirms to Caine what the mission is all about they start dropping like flies, coincidence?
    That is an interesting hypothesis... But didn't that chick die before rush was talking with caine?

Who's to say they are the same as our ascended ancients?? Maybe they are higher up on the 'ascended evolutionary chain and so are not tied to their home galaxy.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by gravityStar View Post
    I don't communicate with ants. When I was young I have watched them. I have poked at them. I have watched as they struggled to get out of water. Sometimes I have helped them. Sometimes I have killed them. Sometimes I have just stepped on them. Not on purpose, but not trying to avoid them either.

If these beings are so far ahead of us as is implied, then they simply don't care about us. Maybe one or more of them was having a really good eon, was in a good mood, and took 2 seconds out of its existence to help one of the bugs running around its planet. Maybe it's now watching the bugs to see what they do next. Maybe it doesn't care anymore and is doing something else.
    I believe what you said is partly true. But the part of them not caring feel wrong to me. The reasoning is that these aliens can relate to us. Because they had been there (level of tech and knowledge) millions of years ago. Also an ant is an ant. It doesnt travel the stars in spaceships. Maybe it wil in millions of years time but I hghly doubt it. Else it would have evolved a long time ago if you look at how long they have been around.

Also i think the aliens did this out of remorse and guild. I would feel guilty if i build something and that something ended up being the reason someone died.

First Lieutenant

I tend to agree with Young's assessment that this act is like a big experiment. It does seem like a pretty clever, if cruel way to learn about a new race. Show them their dead and see how they react. You'd instantly find out a lot about their level of progression, their society and their beliefs.

Lol, I used to play with ants and watch ants too when I was a kid. Sometimes I'd smush them a bit but not kill them(I was a kid lol) and watch the other ants come by and pick up the smushed ant and carry it off; sometimes I'd drop crumbs so they could eat; I used to like watching them carry the crumbs around.
    I saw the Faith aliens almost the same way you did. They might have never encountered humans and maybe they were curious about them when they found them on the planet they made; so the watched them for a bit. I don't think they were being malicious in watching them die on the planet; maybe they just didn't know better or care much since they didn't really know much about humans and perhaps thought them insignificant. Finally only one of them was left and he was going to die and maybe one of the aliens felt bad for Caine and about everything that happened to the others; maybe one of the aliens had grown attached(in a way) to the humans on the planet, and started to understand the humans and what they had been/were going through, and tried to fix them and send them back to the others like them.

So the aliens didn't know that a woman would die of head trauma WITHOUT a blow to head? Oh good, because that's what I and every other sound-thinking person would think as well. So, if they don't know how it happened, shoot. Guess we'll never get an explanation for that one.

Smooth. [/sarcasm]

Yes, yet they sell ant farms and people buy them.

Just saying, some people take interest in different things. How many ascended beings are there? We've only ever seen a few, the few that took interest.

The aliens did it as a gift I think, to them it was giving the people that stayed behind a chance to say good bye...
    I dunno what to put in here now..