Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    maybe its going to disappear/break down down the line
    That would be interesting to see happen..

it was a gift from the aliens; like a "sorry, your people died. you can have them back for a little bit, they won't last that long though; but hey we fixed your shuttle good as new" I liked this episode a lot btw, but I get what people are saying about the shuttle, cuz I also found it a tad convienient.
    While i do feel it was a gift in a way, i don't think it was cause our people died..

Comment

I remain that the Blues repaired the Shuttle in order to find Destiny and use the People to infiltrate it.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

It would make more sense for the seed ships that manufacture gates to also manufacture shuttles. And maybe repair robots, spare parts, space suits, ftl drives, ..... Destiny seems to have an AI capable of telling the seed ships what it needs. To have some other species make a new shuttle to specs is a bit odd / hard to swallow. Even if it was just a weekend project for an otherwise underchallenged race.

What would have been creative was if when Cane visited the dome room / new hydroponics room would be that he morphs into a swarm of locusts and consumes all the crops. Sort of that's what you get for messing up our planet thing. Or if the shuttle is a trojan horse of some kind. Set to explode at some point or just eat the crew one by one. Which I guess we'll find out in coming episodes.

I guess it does open things up for Palmer and Curtis to cameo on the next episode. Then the LA and the other shuttle. Then whomever since the same twelve people or so is going to get old long term.

Comment

I saw this as more of a warning. Or maybe a statement of superiority. I like the idea of ascended of a new race local to this part of the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            That would be interesting to see happen..

While i do feel it was a gift in a way, i don't think it was cause our people died..
            the part in quotes wasn't meant to be taken too seriously. I don't really think the shuttle was meant as a replacement for dead crew members.
            sigpic

Comment

just handing this suttle to the crew is a form of interference, which means they're not ascended beings, for those types don't interfere... or at the very least, it's damn sure they're not Ancients
              One Ring to rule the Dark Side
              sigpic
              Sith Nazghul

Comment

How often have we seen Ascended beings materialize something except themselfs?
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Just dont give Scott the keys, remember what happened last time. He's not cut out for piloting.
                  Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

my guess is that if the blues did this then they created a program , that started the minute the shuttle connected to destiny and sent in a virus , but it didn't keep a copy of it on the shuttle so when rush got to test for anything wrong he didn't find it. maybe it will have something to do with chloe maybe its just info she needs to let the blues into destiny.
                    ''It's not what you have, it's how you use it.''

Comment

I don't think the shuttle is a trap of any kind. If those aliens wanted Destiny what would stop them from just taking it? For all we know, they could simply appear on the ship and slaughter everyone.

Personally, I think they just wanted Caine and the others of their planet. They fixed everything as much as they could (apparently they are better with technology than with alien lifeforms) and sent them on their way.

Still, it seems like a reset button has just been hit. Finding a shuttle on a seed ship would have made more sense imo.
                      In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                        Just dont give Scott the keys, remember what happened last time. He's not cut out for piloting.
                        Just make sure Rush gives Scott all the information this time
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

How often have we seen Ascended beings materialize something except themselfs?
                          the collective could hide no less than three galaxies from the Ori, plus all space in between. i won't be surprised if they hid the entire local group.

obviously an ascended is powerful. obviously an entire group of them even more. perhaps the Faith Aliens show what a collective can do?

just handing this suttle to the crew is a form of interference, which means they're not ascended beings, for those types don't interfere... or at the very least, it's damn sure they're not Ancients
                          i doubt the Ancients cover the entire universe.

what do you mean? the shuttle crashed because of outside influences, not because of his piloting.

I don't think the shuttle is a trap of any kind. If those aliens wanted Destiny what would stop them from just taking it? For all we know, they could simply appear on the ship and slaughter everyone.
                          they appear to love materializing stuff out of thin air. a single replicator would do.

maybe the Faith aliens are testing us to see if we're capable of handling the power of the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation Message (CMBRM)

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            I guess learning something about the mysterious aliens has nothing to do with it?
                            If we had actually learned something about the aliens, you'd have a point. But we know nothing much that we didn't know before, ie, that any race capable of constructing a planet and a star like that, would have other mind-boggling powers.

So yes, lazy writing to get a good shuttle. Overall, I thought the episode was decent, though, so I give them a pass on it. My only question is: why do they still only have two suits? They should have three or four by now.

Comment

Its not often that you get a brand new shuttle with living dead in it.

Comment

So yes, lazy writing to get a good shuttle. Overall, I thought the episode was decent, though, so I give them a pass on it. My only question is: why do they still only have two suits? They should have three or four by now.
                                anything implying the supernatural is essentially a cheap cop-out. wheter you want it or not.

besides, since the Aliens were creating new people, and a new shuttle, why not actually make it new?

Comment

Working...
                                X