Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: Poof! New Shuttle

Quote Originally Posted by JoseP927 View Post
    Didn't the Senator die in one of the shuttles? They must have ejected it or it was eventually destroyed (i.e. by the Pulsar if not before).
    New to the show?
    They dealt with the damaged shuttle in "faith'.
    They repaired the window, repaired it enough to land it on the planet, however it was too busted up to leave orbit. I do not recall if they ever directly addressed the Senators body, however I think we are left to assume they are disposed up just the same as any other casualty, out an airlock?

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
    New to the show?
    Nope. It's just been awhile since I saw Faith. I do recall Young talking about the damaged shuttle but I don't think they ever specified if it was the same one the senator was in or not. At the time, I wasn't counting shuttles.

If that was the senator's shuttle, it was venting atmosphere; being as such, I would assume that Destiny's passage through the sun in Light would have burnt up everything inside.

The shuttle still had Destiny's shield protecting it.

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by dgh64 View Post
    My theory is that the ship never had 3 shuttles, but was just built with a third docking pad. Right now there are two cars parked in my garage, but there's room off the side of the house for a third car if someone visits. Same sort of thing -- if some other Ancient ship uses the same type of shuttle, then it would be inconvenient if they had to move one of Desitny's shuttles just to make room when transferring crew or whatever. Also having an extra spot means that in combat, if someone gets in a lucky shot and damages your docking pad you still have a place to land.
    I don't think it was only a guest spot for who ever wanna visit, i think there is more to it....

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by JoseP927 View Post
    The paint codes are printed on the back door of the shuttle.
    Where at?? Right under the "Made in Taiwan" Sticker?

My theory is that the ship never had 3 shuttles, but was just built with a third docking pad. Right now there are two cars parked in my garage, but there's room off the side of the house for a third car if someone visits. Same sort of thing -- if some other Ancient ship uses the same type of shuttle, then it would be inconvenient if they had to move one of Desitny's shuttles just to make room when transferring crew or whatever. Also having an extra spot means that in combat, if someone gets in a lucky shot and damages your docking pad you still have a place to land.
    That actually makes sense..