there's no evidence to say if he's alive or not. it was left open ended
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
          Did you watch this week's episode?
          Yes, and he never died in the episode.
          SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
          SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
          ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
          Spoiler:
          *beep*
          Young: "What the hell was that?"
          Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
            maybe it (they) was (were) a (some) superascended(s). Like Landry said: "There has to be an order of being higher than them. [...] you have to fill in some of the lines with a little faith." (or something like that).
            Yup. In the 'cafe' scene we see ancients (or other ascended folk) reading news papers with info on it like "edge of the universe found" and the like. Maybe the planet builders are just that.. the next step up.. so have relaxed the non interference policy.

Comment

Originally posted by coZma View Post
              What aliens? We only saw a bright light coming from the shuttles window which then envelops the whole inside of the ship. I saw no aliens and I watched this ep 2 times already

Yes because the purpose of the Obelisk is to wait until they are dead and only then come to life reanimated them restore their ship locate where Destiny is going to drop out of FTL and sent them there with no memory of anything.

Comment

For all we know the light came from the obelisk, a sentient recording device?

Reads everyone's personalties whilst they are there, stores them, recreates theyre bodies and the shuttle, then opens up a point to point wormhole drive explains how they got to Destiny, how they have a brand new shuttle, how they became alive etc etc.

We know the Asgard put genetic safeguards into O'Neills DNA to stop replication and experimentation, whose to say they didnt do it to the whole human race to prevent hostiles discovering the ATA gene?

If the Obelisk has a matter/energy converter, such as the Asgard one aboard Odyssey, they the whole brand nw ****tle thing isnt that much of a stretch.

N.C

Comment

Um, that's a lot of speculation, but the truth is, we don't have any idea whatsoever.

I kind of like it that way. Any explanation that has been suggested here seems somehow awfully cheap to me. I'd be disappointed if it was all explained away by some feat of alien tech, impressive in its way, but understandable. For now, it's just beyond us. Period.

(On a side note, have you noticed how after the Kino viewing, Wray glanced at Rush, how she was looking to him for a hint of understanding - and then Rush completely baffled? Quite a telling Wray/Rush little moment.)

What's the light? We don't know. Anybody else got seriously creeped out by that? Like Caine said: it had the flavor of something that should not have been there, something deeply disturbing - and in a bad way, not in a mystery-to-tackle kind of way.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    I really hope it's not the Ancients.

The Universe should be bigger than that.
                    I think thats part of it, we saw that the ancients, for all their ascendedness have a limited distance, like the ascended ori were only in the ori galaxy etc

The planet builders would seem to be another race which also ascended..
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Not glowing aliens, it was Carol Anne coming to take him into the light.

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Sylverlin View Post
                        (On a side note, have you noticed how after the Kino viewing, Wray glanced at Rush, how she was looking to him for a hint of understanding - and then Rush completely baffled? Quite a telling Wray/Rush little moment.)
                        it did look like he was confused.. didn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                          I think thats part of it, we saw that the ancients, for all their ascendedness have a limited distance, like the ascended ori were only in the ori galaxy etc

The planet builders would seem to be another race which also ascended..
                          Maybe an Ancient far along on the evolutionary path stowed away on Destiny and ascended
                          Last edited by sgc; 28 November 2010, 07:08 PM. Reason: fixed smiley

Comment

Originally posted by tainor View Post
                            People tend to forgot, the big question here. We know that the Ancient went on this big project to find the leftovers from the design of the universe in CMB, but then we find out they abandoned the project shortly after, because they learned of ascension and began studying it.

What if they thought that by ascending they were going to get the answer to this question, who, how and why was the universe created. As Oma said ascending does not make you all powerful, it just gives you a better understanding, and this is what Destiny is searching for understanding of the purpose of the universe and how intelligent life existed prior to its creation.
                            We know from Oma that there are different races that have ascended, some have formed groups of coalition like the *Others* what if these aliens that created the solar system are also part of another coalition or simply exist by themselves as ascended not unlike the Ori in their home galaxy. We know from Oma also that there are different levels of ascension some bellow and above there.

I find it strange that the crew gets so amazed and impressed by what this aliens can do, when the ancients re-created Abidos and brought the people back to life and ascended them when they worked together?

Tain
                            You are correct, everyone is tossing around the Ancients term incorrectly. That's just what the Tor'i called them. They are actually called Alterans. I am leaning towards this "planet builder race" to be a local Ascended beings.

Regarding your last comment, I too find it strange but at the same time I don't because this spinoff is like the new Star Trek movie spinoff. It's for people who don't like the original series, it's got the same terminology, sexed up, over the top acting and less of the "nerdy" feel to it.
                            z

Comment

the planet builders were ascended beings, who lived in a less populated part of the universe. Notice the light on the Kino. They had less qualms about helping beings on lower plains of existence probably because there were less of them to influence the higher plains with devotion.
                              If they felt Caine's dying prayer and they never felt a lower plain prayer before they might have tried to help.

Comment

Originally posted by unscheduled traveller View Post
                                the planet builders were ascended beings, who lived in a less populated part of the universe. Notice the light on the Kino. They had less qualms about helping beings on lower plains of existence probably because there were less of them to influence the higher plains with devotion.
                                If they felt Caine's dying prayer and they never felt a lower plain prayer before they might have tried to help.
                                Not to be the Devil's Advocate here, but what you state as fact is mere speculation. We know nada about these ''Planet Builders'', I too believe they are some form of Ascended beings, but the truth is yet to be known about them.
                                Spoiler:
                                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X