Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else get the feeling that....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing cruel about it. Cruel to who anyway?

Killing people is cruel. Life is cruel for lazy people. Cruel is an invention from people who want to escape responsibilities in life.

Comment

Dying horribly only to be reanimated only to die again horribly... I don't know what you consider cruelty, but that's cruelty to me.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Another thing that makes me think this is a test, is that, all throughout the episode, people are searching and detailing the shuttle, Rush and Scott in the beginning, and only at the end did they find the kino?

I think it was planted after the shuttle was searched - for why, we dont know yet .

N.C

Comment

Well, the first woman died of "head trauma" ostensibly from a fallen tree. As you can see in the episode, there are no trees on the observation deck with Eli and the others. This physical impossibility befalls her nonetheless. Then there are the thermodynamics, or lack thereof, of people dying of hypothermia at room temperature. These seem like purposeful acts of a dark art.

But no, JM says it was an accident so that's what we believe. Even though they don't look like accidents. Why even bother making a show? Let's just do it like they do in England and have Question Time.

Comment

Originally posted by Python View Post
            But no, JM says it was an accident so that's what we believe. Even though they don't look like accidents. Why even bother making a show? Let's just do it like they do in England and have Question Time.
            For what it's worth, I think that TPTB blogs and Q&As are one of the worst evolutions in television history.

It's one thing to share production anecdotes or amusing on-set happenings, but that's not where it ends. We're inundated with spoilers, to the point that people know how pretty much an entire season is going to go before it even begins airing. We get writers/producers talking about what exactly was meant by a specific scene, or line of dialogue, or event going on in the background.

There's no mystery, no excitement, no fan community dialogue and dissemination in an environment like this. People like me, spoilerphobes, have to seek out other spoilerphobes instead of just discussing openly. And there's always, always some jerk who pops in with relevant spoilers for a future episode.

It's a sad state of affairs, IMO.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It's one thing to share production anecdotes or amusing on-set happenings, but that's not where it ends. We're inundated with spoilers, to the point that people know how pretty much an entire season is going to go before it even begins airing. We get writers/producers talking about what exactly was meant by a specific scene, or line of dialogue, or event going on in the background.

There's no mystery, no excitement, no fan community dialogue and dissemination in an environment like this. People like me, spoilerphobes, have to seek out other spoilerphobes instead of just discussing openly. And there's always, always some jerk who pops in with relevant spoilers for a future episode.
              I dunno man - to me there's a difference between a producer answering a minor question with their written interpretation, and spoilers. And then there's another one about spoilers and just teasers, the same you'd get in a promo pic or something.

To the issue of questions being answered elsewhere: Meh, I don't mind. There's so much that actually isn't covered by spoilers or JM's blog, so I can personally go wild with my theories and just by having a writer's mindset: If you come across a problem, you solve it in a logical way that fits in with the story and does the characters service. Sometimes you have to think outside the box and maybe even realise, to your own logic, that the actual show's writers screwed up, and sometimes you read another, more official, source and go, "Huh. That makes sense too. Both work, and if it's relevant again in the future, either or just the one might work for a new theory".

And besides, I'd rather have me or the actual writer fill the blank than fight with a forum full of people who seem more focused on the arguing rather than the answering. And because interpretations differ from person to person, fandom wars over the tiniest things are just... ugh.

And there's always, always some jerk who pops in with relevant spoilers for a future episode.
              Yeah, they're not cool. But again, to me, there's a marked difference in spoilers and answers for past episodes, unless the answers tie into future episodes and basically lay it all out for us.

As for this part: "People could know the whole season going into it", I've pretty much escaped that. It helps, with SGU anyway, that by the time the back half is filming and spoilers about that current filming is aplenty, I'm watching the front half and not even thinking about what's happening next year.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by powerdbygarrett View Post
                I really do not think that he is dead, everyone else is but i really think he will live.

from the Keno you can see he is still alive when the light appears, you DONT actually see him dying. He noticed the bright white light appear.

I think he sticks around
                My new notion about the white light is that it's the white light people walk towards when they're dying ... and then they die. Which would explain (for me) why Cain said he remembered dying, and it's something nobody should have to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  My new notion about the white light is that it's the white light people walk towards when they're dying ... and then they die. Which would explain (for me) why Cain said he remembered dying, and it's something nobody should have to remember.
                  It's a Kino footage It is not how Cain saw it, it is how it was recorded...so it isnt a bright light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

Well, I think they died was because... remember the Bible. It was said that after Adam ate that apple, Eden was BANISHED TO HUMANITY FOREVER. So then, finally humanity returned, the ones who were convinced subconsciously by the Devil, stayed and died because Eden wasn't meant for humanity. Just a guess.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                      Well, I think they died was because... remember the Bible. It was said that after Adam ate that apple, Eden was BANISHED TO HUMANITY FOREVER. So then, finally humanity returned, the ones who were convinced subconsciously by the Devil, stayed and died because Eden wasn't meant for humanity. Just a guess.
                      There wasn't a sign that said, "Welcome to Eden. No humans allowed." They just named it Eden because they thought of it as a paradise. There's nothing there that has to do with the Biblical Eden.
                      "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                      - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X