So, I guess he didn't...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueintegraboy View Post
    So, if everybody reverted back to their natural state... does that mean the shuttle will revert to be nonfunctional?
    i think it should, but it probably won't

Comment

He's alive. He mistook the white light for the white light some claim to see in near death experiences.

The aliens have medicine and technology beyond the scope humans seem to have experienced. He wasn't that bad. A Goa'uld could have saved him. Yeah, he was near death but these aliens could have easily put him under suspended animation and restored his cells and replaced damaged ones.

They reanimated a chick from near nothing. And they can't put some guy in a tank, shut off his brain, and the run nanites through his body to repair him?

Please.

In the Stargate "universe" we saw the Asgaard make a mockery of death. They prolonged their lives by cloning new bodies. DANIEL JACKSON came back from the DEAD!

OH LOOK! ANCIENTS! Ascension!

If Caine is dead, that is pure and utter BS! No reason why he shouldn't have been saved by the super aliens.
      Last edited by tar21; 24 November 2010, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tar21 View Post
        He's alive. He mistook the white light for the white light some claim to see in near death experiences.
        The light was a Kino recording, not his memory.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

If Caine is dead, that is pure and utter BS! No reason why he shouldn't have been saved by the super aliens.
          why would they? what reason do they have.

so far, it seems the Aliens only create an opportunity. an opportunity to stay on a planet. an opportunity to say goodbye. what we do is up to us. apparently digging around in their memories, is something that was bad.

it seems nobody was capable of handling their death but kane. ehm Caine .

i still have to see wheter he dies or not.

i personally think he did die, by the Aliens destroying the shuttle (white light) and replacing them and the shuttle and the kino with copies

Comment

The fact that the kino recording showed the light means that the aliens got to Caine before he died. If it possible he mistook this white light for the white light many people claim to see during a near death experience.

He was hypothermic and even if he succumbed, his brain could go without oxygen for longer than a few minutes without suffering major damage. The aliens should have gotten to him quickly.

I think it's more likely that the Aliens scanned his mind, looked at the kino, combed the area for remains, and then pieced what they could together. They knew he was a unique lifeform and being alone sucked so they decided to resurrect his dead friends and send him to Destiny to be with others of his kind.

Comment

it's kinda hard to argue when the guy says he remembers dying. of course people can think they're dying while they're just lapsing into a coma, but that's not how TV works...

basically a character says he's dead, everybody is getting the heeby jeebies around them = dead as disco
              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by tar21 View Post
                He was hypothermic and even if he succumbed, his brain could go without oxygen for longer than a few minutes without suffering major damage. The aliens should have gotten to him quickly.
                I agree. Even if Caine died before the aliens actually arrived there was still time for the aliens to save him. So he could have died but still survive.

I think his comment to TJ about feeling like he is a shadow of his former self goes more to his state of mind. When Peter was hypnotized he mentioned that Caine was stressed and upset. He seemed to realize that he was the reason that the people stayed on the planet and that in some way he was responsible for their fate. Being the last person alive and watching everyone around him die must have had a significant impact on Caine. And then there is the scene on the Kino showing that at the end Caine said he didn't want to die. This seems to show that his faith was shaken in some way. So Caine feeling that he is different could very well be a reflection of the loss of his faith/feelings of guilt rather than a true sign that he is in fact dead.

Comment

They seem to think it was a nice thing of the Aliens, but who wants to experience their death twice? It was just a cheap way to give us a shuttle back imo.

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...n-eight-games/

Nathan writes: “The kind of aliens that would put people back with their friends and kind of family, knowing they’d just die. How horrible is that!?!?”

Answer: The aliens didn’t know they would just end up dying again. They assumed they had “fixed” them.

Valaur writes: “At the end of ‘Visitation’, we see that Kane in fact does live to tell the tale rather than die like his fellows. Or does he?”

Answer: He doesn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Gala View Post
                      They're definitely not *just* ascended, not the way we know the ancients to be. They can do things like manipulate nature, become invisible etc but as far as creating planets goes they just can't do that. Merlin had to de-ascend to the physical to research and create the anti-ori weapon. These beings are obviously much much more powerful. Possibly just a different type of life that has 'technologically' evolved.

I don't see how ascending any further unlocks the secrets to the universe but I would hazard a guess that they do indeed have something to do with this structure thing.
                      Wow, have you even watched any stargate before Universe? When Abydos was destroyed by Anubis, what was it that happened? Oh yeah, after repeatedly dialing Abydos, the SGC finally connects to the Abydos stargate and SG-1 finds everything as normal. Then Skaara tells them that Oma ascended all of Abydos's population, everything disappears except for the gate, and Skaara tells them that everything will disappear once they step through the gate. Everything, because Anubis utterly destroyed Abydos. This was just one ascended being that helped an entire population ascend and created a planet just to let SG-1 say goodbye (the other Ancients definitely won't help her do all of that, and the Abydosians, recently ascended, can't have that kind of knowledge).

One ancient did all of that. You can't tell me ascended beings are incapable of creating planets.

Heck, even creating a planet isn't that impressive. The Asgard could turn a star into a black hole for crying out loud.

P.S. Merlin only descended so he can conceal his work from his fellow ancients in a parallel dimension.

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                        Wow, have you even watched any stargate before Universe? When Abydos was destroyed by Anubis, what was it that happened? Oh yeah, after repeatedly dialing Abydos, the SGC finally connects to the Abydos stargate and SG-1 finds everything as normal. Then Skaara tells them that Oma ascended all of Abydos's population, everything disappears except for the gate, and Skaara tells them that everything will disappear once they step through the gate. Everything, because Anubis utterly destroyed Abydos. This was just one ascended being that helped an entire population ascend and created a planet just to let SG-1 say goodbye (the other Ancients definitely won't help her do all of that, and the Abydosians, recently ascended, can't have tat kind of knowledge).

One ancient did all of that. You can't tell me ascended beings are incapable of creating planets.

Heck, even creating a planet isn't that impressive. The Asgard could turn a star into a black hole for crying out loud.
                        Not disagreeing with you about an ascended being's power here, but my impression from the episode was that Abydos wasn't completely destroyed, just the stargate and their little civilization; in which case Oma didn't really recreate much. But still, comparing an ascended being to an unascended being isn't a fair comparison in my opinion. And actually, we don't even know for sure that the planet builder's aren't ascended. Hell, maybe it was one of their planet builders babies who saw the little shuttle crash and put it back where it belonged, like you might have done with Legos as a kid, but made a mistake with restoring the crew (I'm not being serious here but still...)...

Comment

What you actually don't see in this episode is Eli standing in the background. He also killed Kane (or is it Caine?).
                          SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                          SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                          ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                          Spoiler:
                          *beep*
                          Young: "What the hell was that?"
                          Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Kane lives in Death!

I mean uh... I think the implication is that Caine died on the planet, but the Kino just did a poor job of showing that. Probably due to production issues of some kind.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              Kane lives in Death!

I mean uh... I think the implication is that Caine died on the planet, but the Kino just did a poor job of showing that. Probably due to production issues of some kind.
                              Maybe, haha.

I don't know, I've just got this feeling that there's more to come, I don't feel like this storyline is over. It seems too short of a story to dedicate two episodes to.
                              SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                              SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                              ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                              Spoiler:
                              *beep*
                              Young: "What the hell was that?"
                              Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

I think he died, as he was going through the process at the end of the episode. He was cold for no apparent reason. It's pretty clear that he is dead.
                                z

Comment

Working...
                                X