No announcement yet.

Would you take revenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with Linda and Jel. The inicial rage would be similar with every one. Rage, desire to kill Simeon, just like Rush did. But when you are past the point where you starts to think better not with emotion but with reason. AT this point many wont know what to do.
    sigpic
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      Would I fly off the handle and want to hunt after him? Sure I would.

Would I kill him? Not right away. Not like Rush did...........there are far worse things you can do to a man. I'd get all the information I could out of him and then make him beg to be killed and I still wouldn't. I'd make him feel true agony.
      Agreed. The nice thing about playing lots of role playing games (starwars, adnd 2nd ed) is that as the one playing the baddies a lot (judge, gm/dm) i get to humor my evil side.. and trust me i have come up with some nasty creative ways to exact revenge

If I would have been in Rushs position, I would have taken the most unpleseant road for Simeon. First I would have tied him up very nicely and then start off with cutting off his fingers and toes one by one. Then maybe I would have still given him a rookie face lift before leaving him frying in the Sun.
      Tying down a foe near an ant hill is one of the nastier ones i have though of..

Rush definatly started out wanting to kill him (he didn't know about the information at first), then was oscillating between dead or alive leaning most towards dead throughout most of the episode... but I suspect by the time he pulled the herd trampeling stunt he genuinly no longer had time to carry Simeon towards the gate by himself, perhaps it would not have mattered that much if he had the time but at least now his conscience is clearer.
      While i agree it did look at times like scotts plees got through, i think simeon's taunting is what pushed him to finally want to pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I don't know. I don't think any of us can fully know what we would do until it happens
        This. We can all talk about what we'd do, but until we're there, it's just that - talk. Considering how many people are put in this situation every day and don't take the law into their own hands, I'd say the odds are slim, in this world anyway, that any of us would go all Bronson on anyone.
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Jaemal View Post
          It is always easy to talk though on the 'net but in real life I doubt many people here would have the guts (or even the skills) necessary to kill someone. If you talk about someone as dangerous as Simeon, I wouldn't recommend going after him unless you are trained for tasks like this. I don't know if I would be reasonable enough to see this after losing a loved one, but I would like to think so.
          I have almost died because of a damn robery before, so at least from my point of view I would really like to apply what I said in my previous post to said individuals.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Jaemal View Post
            It is always easy to talk though on the 'net but in real life I doubt many people here would have the guts (or even the skills) necessary to kill someone. If you talk about someone as dangerous as Simeon, I wouldn't recommend going after him unless you are trained for tasks like this. I don't know if I would be reasonable enough to see this after losing a loved one, but I would like to think so.
            Appearances can be deceiving and human beings are capable of extreme levels of violence, people will do anything when you take into account the old saying guilt can be a powerful motivator but it can also be a great destroyer, the guilt a person would feel over not having been able to do anything to save the person they loved or a close friend can make them capable of anything.

Comment

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
              - Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948), (attributed)

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
              - Josh Billings (1818 - 1885)

In taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior.
              - Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626)

That green-blooded son of a *****! It's his revenge for all those arguments he lost.
              - Leonard McCoy

regards,
              G.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

To be fair, i would probably drag him back onto the Destiny take him to the gate, shut it down and constantly pull his face in and out of the steam, then open a door put his arm in the doorway close, wait 20 seconds. Open it, then seal him in a room, vent the oxygen, wait 30 seconds, drag him to Brody's brewing lab, pour him in that and throw him back onto the planet... not before shooting him in the leg once. (:

But yeah, not a violent person!

Comment

I'd certianly want to kill them. Whether I would is a much harder question. If I was sufficently angry and unable to think clearly, I really might. However, if I have time to think about my action and how empty it would be, I might not. I cannot say for sure.
                  All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Simeon's bullet to the head wasn't revenge, it was justice. And frankly I'd do it. In the absence of law or a justice system people have to take matters into their own hands.

Comment

"You have been weight, you have been measured. And you most definitely been found wanting"

Comment

Hurting him would serve no point. A better solution would be to extract whatever he hold using a Tok'ra memory device(By sending him on earth with the stones) then dump him off on a random planet.

Comment

Would that memory device even work? Or would it just show what is in the "Hosts" body's mind'??

Comment

It takes one hell of a lot for me to hold a grudge and therefore there are very few people in this reality I hold a grudge against but once I hold a grudge it takes one hell of a lot for me to drop one.

Would I attempt revenge if someone killed/hurt someone I cared about? Depends what I felt I was capable of. I'd certainly try to get even in 'some' way.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                            X