Lifesign Detector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifesign Detector?

So when they were searching for Simeon, would you not think that Destiny would have some sort of lifesign scanners that they could use on the Planets? Maybe pinpoint human signitures or at least life?
    I know Destiny is older, but surley it must have some sort of capability? Surprised TPTB didn't at least write it in somewhere, for example Rush could say
    "Lifesign detectors would be helpful".
    Or something along those lines. I'm not being picky it just annoys me, however i loved this episode shows the crew beginning to properly work together as a dynamic.
    Josh.

They're not orbiting the planet to scan it, and the remotes aren't detectors. It'd be nice, but then it'd be like Atlantis.

Comment

If you mean when they were searching for him on the planet, well destiny was no where near the planet, the planet was just in gateable range, so even if it did have a lifesigns detector it would be useless.

Comment

Well everyone just pissed on my bonfire!
        Awkward. I need to rewatch this.
        CLOSE THREAD PLEASE (:

Comment

destiny should have them, its kind of weird that it doesn't.
          sigpic

Comment

your all assuming that destiny has life sensing abilities, that technology may have come later on.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              your all assuming that destiny has life sensing abilities, that technology may have come later on.
              Every we can detect life signs to a crude degree. I would imagine Destiny more advanced should have some form of life sign detection.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I assume they haven't located the life-sensing/scanning system yet. It's likely next to the Flux Capacitor, right behind the Magnets Control Panel.

Comment

I assuming the same reason there aren't any jumpers, they weren't invented yet. Let's not forget how old Destiny is suppose to be.

Comment

Destiny got to have some sort of LD. In the end how else does it Detect People to mess with? Young at least never sat in the Chair, so how did Destiny know who it has to torture? (and please dont say Rush)
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                      Destiny got to have some sort of LD. In the end how else does it Detect People to mess with? Young at least never sat in the Chair, so how did Destiny know who it has to torture? (and please dont say Rush)
                      Maybe the ship does, but that doesn't mean there are portable ones like that of Atlantis that they could take on away missions.

Comment

Originally posted by hart37 View Post
                        Maybe the ship does, but that doesn't mean there are portable ones like that of Atlantis that they could take on away missions.
                        The Remotes at least can detect other Remotes, so maybe there are functions we dont know about yet. Maybe not a LD per se, but at least detecting Kinos and their route would be very useful.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                          The Remotes at least can detect other Remotes, so maybe there are functions we dont know about yet. Maybe not a LD per se, but at least detecting Kinos and their route would be very useful.
                          True the team probably just haven't figured it out yet, repairing the ship and all

Comment

Originally posted by daedalus91 View Post
                            .... lifesign scanners....

I know the answer was given pretty early on in this thread but the first thing that popped into my head was "This isn't Star Trek, man!"
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

They do have a remote life sign detector on Destiny.

Young: Greer, go check if he still has a pulse.
                              Greer: Yessir!

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                              X