Ori Supergate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pond Hopper View Post
    My guess is that any objects sent through the supergate to a regular gate that are too large will just get stuck in the buffer of the receiving gate and then lost. Any objects that can fit through the receiving gate (supplies, people that sort of thing) will be rematerialized just fine.
    I was just going to write the exact same thing, Reminded me of the episode when Teal'c got stuck inside the Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadc View Post
      I was just going to write the exact same thing, Reminded me of the episode when Teal'c got stuck inside the Stargate.
      Well, thats the Episode where I think we got the most insight ever into how the Stargate is supposed to function.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
        either something unimaginable would come out, or it would shrink down to scale...this is my theory, but imagine a Ori mothership going through the supergate that is connected to a normal size gate and it coming out miniature, with a crew and weapons to scale as well
        Imagine what a discovery like that could do for our intelligence services....

Comment

Originally posted by ekras View Post
          imagine what a discovery like that could do for our intelligence services....
          Spoiler:
          stargate mini!

Comment

I would rather do it the other way.. SUPERSIZED 304!

Comment

Perhaps everything becomes static seeing they can't exit the event horizon.

I'm kind of wondering if the Destiny coud fit through a super gate?
              Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

it's pointless wondering weather it could fit when they are not even close to building a supergate

Comment

Still they could go to the Orei Galaxy and disband the other supergate and send it through a small gate and rebuild it. seeing the Supergate is that Flexible

there should be little hazzard in going there unless your an ascended being?!

btw did an Sg team go there? to see if the device worked?
                  Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

but they dont know where they are in relation to the ori galaxy asa far as they know it could be farther away then the milky way.

sg1 did go to the ori galaxy by means of the supergate and returned the same way, its the only way to traverse such distances.

Comment

Originally posted by Psyku View Post
                      Still they could go to the Orei Galaxy and disband the other supergate and send it through a small gate and rebuild it. seeing the Supergate is that Flexible
                      Being that in Beachhead, the Ori were at work holding that gate open/absorbing all the energy to power it/the shield, i thik they were also the ones who shrunk the pieces of the gate to get it through the regular gate.. then they expanded to full size once they left the nexus around the gate..

Comment

Here's a thought I don't think I've ever seen pointed out. Every (well both) time we've ever seen a wormhole established between two gates of different sizes, it's always been from the small one to the bigger one, maybe you can't connect from a bigger gate to a smaller one thus rendering the question of what happens if it's too big for the receiving gate moot.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                          Here's a thought I don't think I've ever seen pointed out. Every (well both) time we've ever seen a wormhole established between two gates of different sizes, it's always been from the small one to the bigger one, maybe you can't connect from a bigger gate to a smaller one thus rendering the question of what happens if it's too big for the receiving gate moot.
                          In "Pegasus Project" it was a smaller gate jumping connection to the Supergate.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                            In "Pegasus Project" it was a smaller gate jumping connection to the Supergate.
                            That's my point. You step through the small gate and come out the big one. We've never once seen a wormhole going the other direction

Comment

And we have only seen it done once.. unless you are also including Orlin's gate in sams basement in that.

Comment

iirc, tollan gate as well - jack asks if they built their own, they indicate yes, and jack says something along the lines of "ours is bigger."

though that may just be gate envy

edit - actually, that might also be an indicator that we've seen a larger gate connect to a smaller gate (if accurate.) though they're close in proportion, so it's hard to know.
                                Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Working...
                                X