• Show
Clear All

and we don't know if any of them have the gene

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      and we don't know if any of them have the gene
      Send over the magic Gene drug.

Comment

Based on the fact that the original team that was supposed to go through to wherever the 9-chevron address went was hand-picked for that job, it's probably safe to assume that at least a few of them have the ATA gene, Telford included.

Comment

That might be true.. but i doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurluas View Post
            Imagine being able to use a Jumper for missions where it feels more practical than the shuttle.
            It would be quite crammed in the Gateroom though.
            Well, we could use some out-of-phase Technology and simply hide it inside the Gateroom while not needed. No Space consumption, just power. My only question would be if the Jumper could be charged in that state, but I guess not.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Nope., since it is out of phase nothing from "our realm" affects it.. that would also go for powre.

BUT it makes me wonder would it not 'stay behind' when destiny goes into ftl?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Nope., since it is out of phase nothing from "our realm" affects it.. that would also go for powre.

BUT it makes me wonder would it not 'stay behind' when destiny goes into ftl?
                It would, the jumper has to be solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurluas View Post
                  It would, the jumper has to be solid.
                  Not that anybody out of Phase ever tried to go through a wall.

For what I remember from SG1, Daniel went with the others to visit his Dad when he was OoP. That would be very hard if he cant even sit in a moving car.
                  Last edited by tomstone; 09 December 2010, 09:12 AM.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post

For what I remember from SG1, Daniel went with the others to visit his Dad when he was OoP. That would be very hard if he cant even sit in a moving car.
                    Hmm good point...But we still do not know how that works in FTL

Comment

We do know Mitchell went through trees, Daniel AND sam both went through tables.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        We do know Mitchell went through trees, Daniel AND sam both went through tables.
                        Thats true, I thought so, but couldnt remember. Still we have no idea how this out of phase stuff is supposed to work.

For Example, they should theoretically not even be able to climb stairs, let alone being on a Floor with another room beneath if they can traverse Trees and Tables. I guess thats just something they didnt think of.

@Topic: I still think putting a Stargate near a Black hole should do the trick well enough. No need to involve a Supergate or Destroying a Planet.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

You cannot send anything through a Supergate and have it materialise through a normal gate connected on the other end, think of it as a party hat, one end is big and wide and the other is a minute hole smaller than our eyes can see most of the time, if you dropped a ping pong ball into the wide end it wont come out of the thin end, thats just common sense.

But powering 2 normal size Stargates with black holes and sending stuff through them would be possible. It would be a pain in the arse to calculate addresses tho, not to mention whether or not it would work because Destiny would have to be in rather close proximity and 1 gate will superceed the other, odds on, it would be the Destiny gate taking presidence due to it being the only gate with a known address, this causes problems with power, stability and the fact i dont think a jumper can fit in the Destiny gateroom

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post

yeah, its like that in all the episodes someone is out of phase. in crystal skull at one point daniel is sitting in the control room. which he shouldn't be able to do since he can walk through walls. but i guess it would hard to have an episode if the person would keep falling through the floor.

as for the topic, i wonder if they could do the same thing that they did in the Pegasus project to get the wormhole to jump to the supergate. than they could somehow trigger the wormholes to jump from one gate to another (as they did with the bridge from the milkyway galaxy to the pegasus galaxy) and send supplies in a jumper to destiny.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                              yeah, its like that in all the episodes someone is out of phase. in crystal skull at one point daniel is sitting in the control room. which he shouldn't be able to do since he can walk through walls. but i guess it would hard to have an episode if the person would keep falling through the floor.
                              There could be a simple fictional explanation for this. For example, the OoP device sends someone into another Dimension, since Dimensions can also relate to time, how about it if the device sets them shortly before or past the present time. Therefore invisible and untouchable by everything living, but still bound to Room Dimensions.

Tptb just never bothered to explain, so we will never know unless they let it come into play in SGU.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post

as for the topic, i wonder if they could do the same thing that they did in the Pegasus project to get the wormhole to jump to the supergate. than they could somehow trigger the wormholes to jump from one gate to another (as they did with the bridge from the milkyway galaxy to the pegasus galaxy) and send supplies in a jumper to destiny.
                                THen you get into the can a supergate even connect to a smaller gate, AND that the smaller gate already needs a connection to do the jump.

Comment

Working...
                                X