Ori Supergate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Supergate

Could the Ori Supergate be rigged to dial Destiny?
    It was possible to make it dial a classic pegasus gate.

And it would have an almost endless supply of power from the blackhole.

The Ori supergate never dialled a Pegasus gate. They used nukes to jump the connection from a normal gate to the nearby supergate.

Comment

What would be the point?

Comment

maybe, provided the supergate has the ability to dial destiny

Comment

We have no idea what would happen if something passed through the event horizon of the Supergate. Imagine putting an Ori Mothership through the supergate. Would you expect an Ori mothership of the same size to come out on the other end? No. We also don't know what the tidal effects of the black hole through the supergate would have on the receiving gate, on Destiny.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Hm good point however if they only sent supplies it could have been useful.

Comment

either something unimaginable would come out, or it would shrink down to scale...this is my theory, but imagine a Ori mothership going through the supergate that is connected to a normal size gate and it coming out miniature, with a crew and weapons to scale as well

Comment

Obviously, after establishing a connection using the supergate, you have to send through all the pieces and have them self-assemble into another supergate. You're gonna want to have the Destiny on standby to charge it up with its weapons, but once the shield encompasses the entire planet, the planet can be collapsed into a black hole and sustain a supergate connection. (Note: This means no direct dialing to Destiny)

Have the Ori not taught you anything?

Also, morbofist, we are the ones who used nukes, not they.

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                  Also, morbofist, we are the ones who used nukes, not they.
                  That's not what I was trying to imply. My point was that they (the SGC) dialled to a gate in close proximity to the Ori supergate, then used nukes to bounce the connection. The point is the Ori supergate was never dialled.

Comment

I can't imagine that a supergate could establish a stable connection to a normal sized stargate. lordofseas and General Jumper One already mentioned the problems. How should this connection work?
                    sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Tiny boxes of supplies the size of matchboxes would come through

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                        Tiny boxes of supplies the size of matchboxes would come through
                        Would they? I highly doubt a wormhole connection between a supergate and a stargate would be possible, let alone stable. My guess would be that anything that enters the event horizon is destroyed. Otherwise, we would have a serious problem if something too big entered the wormhole.
                        sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

IMO the Supergate was a nice idea. We could seed Supergates in the Unoverse, maybe one Supergate per galaxie. This way we could transport ships (and their cargo) real fast.
                          Riley: "Hey what happened to you"
                          Brody: "SHUT UP!"

Eli: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Athur C. Clarke "
                          Young: "Turn the Mic back on. Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                            Would they? I highly doubt a wormhole connection between a supergate and a stargate would be possible, let alone stable. My guess would be that anything that enters the event horizon is destroyed. Otherwise, we would have a serious problem if something too big entered the wormhole.
                            Go watch SG-1's Season 10 "Pegasus Project" they have a pegasus gate next to a black hole dial a milkyway gate next to the supergate and use nukes to successfully jump the wormhole to the supergate

Comment

Even if its a jump it means that the wormhole can technically be created. Question is: What happens to objects that are too large?

Comment

Working...
                              X