No announcement yet.

Ori Supergate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orlin (one of the ascended Ancient) made a small stargate from a toaster parts to connect to the usual stargate on the other planet from Carter's basement. How is that even working?

Comment

He also used industrial grade capacitors and titanium. That Stargate used power from the main powerline to dial Velona once. Even with all of Earth's power it would not be able to dial Destiny.

Comment

I guess, with smaller Orlin's stargate dialing to a bigger stargate, size doesn't change when existing the other side. So, if a supergate dialing destiny's gate, a ship can be sent in, but what exiting on destiny's gate is the cylindrical part that the same size of the gate hole and the rest of that ship parts will be crushed at event horizon.

Yet, the Ori supergate still need the Icarus planet size power consumption. The same I guess if destiny want to dialing home. Has they figure it out the 9 chevron address to dial home?

Comment

I think they have since they have attempted to dial home several times. But afaik the Ori Supergate has unlimited power through the blackhole, that is also why it could be kept open indefinitely if the Ori wanted to.

Comment

The Ancient from Milky Way only know making gate to utilize the artificial wormhole. So, there is no references for Earth people to learn handling blackhole to blackhole travel. There is doubt that a Blackhole is connected to each other.

So, supergate and stargate will not connected since they are not compatible.

Comment

The supergate does not travel through blackhole but it is powered by one.

Comment

Maybe that the supergate has unlim power it can remain open, but who is to say that it has the power needs to go x distance.. Like mccay said in season 4's opener, the ZPM has all that power, but it is what it is pushing out to the ends which is what matters. Maybe the Icarus planets just push more than a B'hole can do but the hole can push energy consistently.

Comment

I wonder how they tap the energy from a blackhole?

Since a blackhole is kind of a black giant that eat everything including light, how could something like energy possibly manage to escape out of it?

A blackhole has thousand times stronger gravitational pull, how a supergate managed to stay on it position without being pulled into a blackhole?

It just does not make sense...

Comment

Indeed. In the episode "A matter of time" the wormhole also drew power from a blackhole causing it to stay open indefinitely

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                      I wonder how they tap the energy from a blackhole?

Since a blackhole is kind of a black giant that eat everything including light, how could something like energy possibly manage to escape out of it?

A blackhole has thousand times stronger gravitational pull, how a supergate managed to stay on it position without being pulled into a blackhole?

It just does not make sense...
                      The event horizon does actually give of enormous amounts of radiation of various types. I believe X-rays are one of those... gama rays?

Comment

All those rays were emitted by a pulsar, supernova or other stars that is about getting swallowed by the Blackhole. So, it can be purge somewhere else and not necessarily from a Blackhole.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurluas View Post
                          Indeed. In the episode "A matter of time" the wormhole also drew power from a blackhole causing it to stay open indefinitely
                          actually it stayed open because of time dilation on the other side caused the gate to stay open beyond 38 minutes.

Comment

Am I missing something, or couldnt we just take the Supergate out of the equasion. In "Pegasus Project" we saw how easily a Gate connects to another Galaxy once it is near a Blackhole. So with this method you could get a connection to Destiny, where you can actually send something through.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

We also saw the gates used in pp were used to jump from one gate to the other... and it took 2 nukes.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                                I guess, with smaller Orlin's stargate dialing to a bigger stargate, size doesn't change when existing the other side. So, if a supergate dialing destiny's gate, a ship can be sent in, but what exiting on destiny's gate is the cylindrical part that the same size of the gate hole and the rest of that ship parts will be crushed at event horizon.

Yet, the Ori supergate still need the Icarus planet size power consumption. The same I guess if destiny want to dialing home. Has they figure it out the 9 chevron address to dial home?
                                Why would it need a Icarus planet for power? From what we've seen in the show, a singularity gives a supergate enough power to dial from the Ori's home galaxy (who knows how far away that is) to the milkyway and keep that connection open indefinitely if they wanted. Surely a singularity could provide a gate with as much power if not more than a Icarus planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X