X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Bay?

Hello all,

This is my first post here at gateworld, but I have been browsing topics for awhile.

Anyway my question is about a medical bay on Destiny. It seems odd to me the ancients would not have included one somewhere on destiny considering it's mission is so long and dangerous. Perhaps they have not discovered it yet, but just thought I pose the question to see what you all think.

the infirmary IS the medical bay. it just doesn't have tons of convenient medical technology since the ancients would've brought that onboard with them

Comment

there is actually some medical equipment on board, whether its stored elsewhere or not being used. we have seen some concept art for it

Comment

Cool, care to share? Would like to see it too.
        Riley: "Hey what happened to you"
        Brody: "SHUT UP!"

Eli: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Athur C. Clarke "
        Young: "Turn the Mic back on. Winston Churchill"

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...8/img_6439.jpg

We'll have to wait until next year to see it.

Comment

The labeling is just hilarious. It reminds me of the episode of SG-1 where Mitchel goes somethin like "Motowhatchamacallit" and "Dextroacetaminosomething"

Any thoughts on what they could be used for because they look kind of scary.
            Riley: "Hey what happened to you"
            Brody: "SHUT UP!"

Eli: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Athur C. Clarke "
            Young: "Turn the Mic back on. Winston Churchill"

Comment

The second one has a needle and a wire attached to it so it is probably used for stitches.

Comment

Ah very cool. Now that you say something I do remember that IS the infirmary. Still think it is strange they only have a microscope for testing. Obviously the equipment would be nothing like what was on Atlantis, but as advanced as they were I thought there would have been some kind of body/blood scanner of sorts already on the ship.
                Very well could be stored in the cargo somewhere. I hope they find a cargo manifest now that they have the bridge. Finding out whats on the ship is more interesting to me than these earth dramas we get every so often.

Comment

I think I remember seeing something in the Kino videos that the infirmary was the medical bay, or that they weren't sure. I'll find a link to the video.
                  Last edited by sgc; 30 November 2010, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Here is the video. Eli says that they haven't figured out how half of the stuff works, so that means that it was the Ancient's intended med bay.

http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1710/index.html

Comment

Working...
                    X