Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate U. S02 E08 - Question

I don't understand this episode.
    These guys are stranded on an ancient star ship. They have wounded and even killed people and they don’t have the ancient technology to heal/revive them????
    The Guauld, Orai and Wraith could revive people from the dead and the ancient could not?!
    The entire episode Eli tries to fix the stupid countdown clock instead of finding the ancient medical room…

Disappointing…

They don't know how any of the medical technology works. If I gave you a scalpel, could you remove a tumor without training?

Comment

Originally posted by dubale View Post
      These guys are stranded on an ancient star ship. They have wounded and even killed people and they don’t have the ancient technology to heal/revive them????
      The Guauld, Orai and Wraith could revive people from the dead and the ancient could not?!
      The entire episode Eli tries to fix the stupid countdown clock instead of finding the ancient medical room…

Disappointing…
      If you do not understand why Eli did not look for medical supplies or lab...
      I suggest you rewatch SG1 SGA and all of SGU again then report and let us know how it went.
      The Goauld had the power to revive, why didn't sg1 just go and steal a few of those suckers to heal up every time they got hurt. Right.... bad TV.
      The wraith healed through evolved life giving powers not tech.
      The Ori revived using the power of the ascended, or knowledge learned from ascension.
      The goauld are the only baddies to use tech to heal (other then the tel-chek device, which BTW IS ANCIENT).
      When you rewatch, notice how after like the 4th or 5th season, they no longer or rarely use dumb ass healing **** that made the episodes pointless.

POW POW your all dead.
      Nope haha just kidding
      BAD TV

Comment

They did at least make excuses in SG1. Every time they got a sarcophagus, it was destroyed, and the Ancient healing device was too powerful. The hand device could only be used by Sam and she wasn't exactly a pro at it.

There's a webisode for this show where Eli notes they found a bunch of medical equipment they don't understand the purpose of.

Comment

They are still only occupying a fraction of the ship, most is de-pressurised or not tied into the functional life support as Eli turned it off to the area's the crew aren't occupying.

TJ's infirmary has some medical looking terminals which havent been expanded upon past us just seeing them, we dont know if the beds were there or fashioned from unused crew quarters. If their infirmary is the ships actual medical facility then the writers havent told us anything about it, either by design or because they've been too busy setting up the rest of the situation.

We have no idea how advanced Ancient medical tech was around the time they launched Destiny, they may have had around our level of medical tech with some obvious advancements of more sophistication. Destiny is pretty smart so i would be surprised if theres a medical bot somewhere, or a medical program that appears to whoever has sat in the neural link chair (NLC) or it may just beam the required info into whomevers brain it detects as the ships surgeons.

If the current infirmary ISNT Destiny's medical facility then we just have to wait till they happen upon it.

N.C

Comment

Well, I think Eli was more interested in getting the guy that killed Ginn back to be tortured by Young. He knew that the moment they all left that part of space, Simeon would just find his way to the other LA soldiers and live happily ever after.

Comment

Originally posted by dubale View Post

Disappointing…

All of the medical equipment and supplies were due to arrive Tuesday...

regards,
              G.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

I think the writers might leave out the part about Destiny having a medical room allogether...it sort of makes things too cliched..

Comment

there is medical stuff.
                  but apparently no magic heal devices

Comment

If you do not understand why Eli did not look for medical supplies or lab...
                    I suggest you rewatch SG1 SGA and all of SGU again then report and let us know how it went.
                    The Goauld had the power to revive, why didn't sg1 just go and steal a few of those suckers to heal up every time they got hurt. Right.... bad TV.
                    The wraith healed through evolved life giving powers not tech.
                    The Ori revived using the power of the ascended, or knowledge learned from ascension.
                    The goauld are the only baddies to use tech to heal (other then the tel-chek device, which BTW IS ANCIENT).
                    When you rewatch, notice how after like the 4th or 5th season, they no longer or rarely use dumb ass healing **** that made the episodes pointless.

POW POW your all dead.
                    Nope haha just kidding
                    BAD TV
                    actually in SGA they played it straight, as sheppard survived stuff that would've killed him 10x over, and then the next episode was back to perfect health

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                      All of the medical equipment and supplies were due to arrive Tuesday...

regards,
                      G.
                      Ahh... A star trek generations reference.. nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Carl View Post
                        Well, I think Eli was more interested in getting the guy that killed Ginn back to be tortured by Young. He knew that the moment they all left that part of space, Simeon would just find his way to the other LA soldiers and live happily ever after.
                        Yeah, living on a desolate planet with a bunch of other guys. Frankly, that doesn't sound like much fun to me.

Growing old with absolutely nothing to look forward to. Yeah !!!

Comment

I guess its safe to say if that did happen there would be quite alot of beating around the bushes

N.C

Comment

yeah...they don't want to make it too easy for everyone..
                            or else there would be no story..

Comment

I actually thought this was a trick question. There sure are a lot of people here willing to give you an obvious answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X