Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When they finally met the Un-Ascended Ancients face to face..they die!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When they finally met the Un-Ascended Ancients face to face..they die!

Season 3 epside 'The Return', Atlantis SG discovers an Ancient Aurora class battleship 'Tria' with the crew still intact, since they had been travelling close to the speed of light all these 10,000 years..finally, they have got to meet the Ancient's face-2-face, not as ascended being, not as virtual mind reality, but actually as alive humans!
    And what happen?? In one episode and they are all dead????
    Without much interaction between the ancients and expedition team, the ancient's just want them out of Atlantis immediately, without any regards to what has been happening for 10,000 years and what had been happening to the wraith or asurans over so many years??? I believed the Ancient's should be smarter than that, since they are so evolved humans..
    I find that episode kinda weird!!
    They should have more episodes with the Ancients, and maybe allow some to survive as existing Ancients. Preferably Helia (Megan Leitch), would luv to see her surprised face when she discovers her race had been revered as God's since 10,000 years past!

Just one reason why Atlantis went very downhill, very fast.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

That one incident is not the reason Atlantis had problems. But it was a symptom of a larger issue.

The TPTB decided to make the Ancients as incompetent as possible so they decided to use SGA to make them consistently idiots who share nothing of value. And hence the writers made the notion of finally meeting the greatest civilizations in the galaxy from momentous to a useless miserable experience for all.

That combined with what happened in Season 9 with Daniel and the Ori, clearly the SGC should totally reverse their strategy of exploration and adopt the policy of avoiding advanced civilizations at all costs. Instead the Tau'ri learning from them, they'll almost always ether want to kill them or just be too stupid to help.

I guess for whatever reason after the first few seasons of SG-1 the PTB decided that meeting advanced beings should always be bad.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Incompetent? How so? because they had some failures. Have you ever failed? If so then by your logic you are incompetent.

Comment

They failed at almost everything we saw them do. And what happened in The return was probably one of their most spectacular piece of bungling yet.

Sheppard even mentioned how they didn't seem impressive at all to him.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

So, the Ancients should have known the Asurans would slaughter them all right after the expedition was kicked out? Hindsight is a beautiful thing. I didn't like how all of the surviving Anciets died off screen. I'd have liked to see a montage of them fighting the Asurans, and then I'd like to have seen some survive and join Weir's expedition after the Asuran crisis ended.

Comment

blame kenny
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                Incompetent? How so? because they had some failures. Have you ever failed? If so then by your logic you are incompetent.
                actually their being in the Pegasus galaxy was a great failure. Almost everything they did ended badly (wraith, assurans, arcturus project..)
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

That's the main reason Part 2 of "The Return" didn't live up to Part 1. The Ancients were introduced in Part 1, but simply vanished in Part 2. I don't think killing them off-screen was a wise move. TPTB must have been very pleased to save a few bucks on salaries, but I'm sure the audience was pissed off at the major cop-out. Coincidently, that's where the ratings started going downhill for SGA.
                  sigpic

Comment

I Think it would have been a good idea to kill all of them except for like one or two and those two should have been like the two that have no technological knowledge (Just to keep the show interesting). Also they should have shown the battle.
                    ZPM Odyssey

sigpic

Help continue the MALPs in the MALP room song

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...MALP-room-song

Comment

Working...
                    X