X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time inconsistency during episode

The time spent on the planet seems odd.
    They say 9 hours before destiny jumps.
    The referred to Destiny still being able to drop out again in range, after a 4 hour jump.

Then Rush still misses the boat? (unless Chloe didnt turn it around)
    What happened to the missing 4 hours ftl jump+8 hours the clock set to.
    Unless rush spent a night or two on the planet?

You're just supposed to assume the time passed in those long stretches of walking. There's nothing really inconsistent about it, just long stretches of nothing the episode glosses over. But, to give a rough timeline:

First nine hours: They tracked Simeon.
    Next four: Found and wounded him.
    Next six: Scott took Greer back cause he was shot, got back with two to spare on the clock.
    Next eleven hours: Rush hunts down and kills Simeon, then walks back.

Comment

Just feels weird I guess, same feeling I get about the in-between galaxy bit I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
        The time spent on the planet seems odd.
        They say 9 hours before destiny jumps.
        The referred to Destiny still being able to drop out again in range, after a 4 hour jump.

Then Rush still misses the boat? (unless Chloe didnt turn it around)
        What happened to the missing 4 hours ftl jump+8 hours the clock set to.
        Don't forget they were on another planet, a day on that planet most likely wouldn't be 24 hours like on Earth.

Comment

also rush walked quite a lot, he walked from his position to the alien herd, planted the bomb, walked back, shot at Simeon, then activated the bomb, and then he had to walk back.
          also, all in all, rush seemed to be quite the distance from the gate

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
            We don't know how long the days are on that planet, a day could be 30 hours or more...
            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Cheers to this thread! I almost started a thread based on the time-flow too! It's interesting how they work time in SGU. I feel like it is unique to SGU. It's often not in real-time. I kept thinking about how they must be so hungry and such, because so much time passed without showing it. It's not like they have any power-bars in their bags
              sigpic
              Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
              O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
              Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
              O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

I actually did not notice this. Nice catch, I guess the writers where not counting their hours Or maybe the days are longer and that's why the Stargate was in a desert?

Comment

i think there were points of them just walking which wasn't shown on screen (would have been boring if it was).

also when scott and geer left rush, scott gave me the impression that it was a long way back to the gate, and if rush didn't leave then he wouldn't make it (which would have been true if chloe hadn't turned the ship around).
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by icsteffi View Post
                    It's not like they have any power-bars in their bags
                    Good point, but we don't actually know what original or new supplies they have for such away missions. I doubt they're going to give up a portion of an episode to "here's what the mess-hall guy cooks up for our away missions", or dictate to the viewer a running tally of supllies leftover from their arrival on Destiny or the arrival of the LA. Just as they won't waste screentime showing a bunch of people eating food cos ... well ... folk don't tend to talk much when they eat. Unless y'all think it's entertaining viewing watching a bunch of folk sitting on a desert planet eating stuff from their packs and not saying anything?

While I appreciate television that doesn't leave too many gaping plot holes, I think we can just assume their caloric intake is sufficient to keep them alive and doing what they're doing.

But that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                    X