No announcement yet.

Simeon: missing on purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still possible, if there were gates outside of the "corridor" that Destiny is travelling along, that he could connect the dots and get back to his friends. Or maybe find a world inhabited by the pod aliens from Awakening and offer to help them board Destiny (with the remote). Either way, running around and just firing warning shots while a crazed Rush bent on revenge chases you down isn't a good plan.

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
    There were only three planets in range, and IIRC one of them was "a wasteland", so there was only one other address he could have dialed, and who knows where he could have gone from there. The remote might have given him that information when he stole it.
    The desert/rocky planet they were on might be described as "a wasteland"... whoever said that might have been told to focus on the planet's potential as a food/water source, and so said that to indicate that there was no need for them to go there.

Comment

I thought so too, but the way he said it made me at first think it was completely uninhabitable, like toxic atmosphere or something.

Plus, though its arid, that world can obviously support herds of very large animals, so unless they're some kind of toxic, arsenic-based lifeform, Greer might have had the right idea when he asked about a BBQ

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
        Do you mean from the show in general? What a horrible misuse of a character.
        What?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
          he was stalling

simeons plan was to wait until destiny jumped and then gate hop back to the planet where the rest of his people where dumped.

If he did that the LA suddenly have a gate remote they can go to other places.
          thats one thing I don't get. What would be the point. They are trapped in a galaxy so far away with no humans around. What would Simeon hope to accomplish. Even if he could make his way back to the other LA, they could have a big reunion party and then realize 'Now what?'

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
            thats one thing I don't get. What would be the point. They are trapped in a galaxy so far away with no humans around. What would Simeon hope to accomplish.
            Maybe he just wanted company, or he felt he might be able to retake the ship with their help.

Comment

Originally posted by Tykari View Post
              As for Rush at the end, the way he was approaching and the smile on his face I'd say he was going for the "dance before I kill you" cowboy type thing.
              I think this is what Simeon was really doing. He proved he was a good shot when he scragged the kino. That takes a lot of precision to do that. Simeon could have killed Rush at any time.

He wasn't "missing" per se. He was toying with Rush and having a little fun before coming in for what he thought was the kill. That's definitely in his character.

But then there was the stampede. Oops.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ser scot a ellison View Post
                i loved rush's response to simeon's statement that he had "valuable information."
                bang :d
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                  I agree with the OP that simeon missed a couple of easy shots, such as initially with rush

basically he could have whacked everyone the moment they entered the planet from the gate, I seem to recall SG1 doing a lot of that against the Jaffa throughout the years
                  it is common with most shows to have the baddies (especiall bad ass ones) toy with their 'prey'.. just to show how bad ass they are.

thats one thing I don't get. What would be the point. They are trapped in a galaxy so far away with no humans around. What would Simeon hope to accomplish. Even if he could make his way back to the other LA, they could have a big reunion party and then realize 'Now what?'
                  Companionship. The capacity to decide your own fate..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    it is common with most shows to have the baddies (especiall bad ass ones) toy with their 'prey'.. just to show how bad ass they are.
                    ...and give the good guys plenty of time to trigger a stampede, plug a new power cell into their phaser, or somehow save the day using a rubber band, two paper clips, and a stick of gum. Stupid bad guys.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Yes but it looked very silly in a show that takes itself soooo seriously in just about every other aspect. Not to mention the fact that in season 1 it was established how next to impossible chain jumping the gate system would be without a kino to check out environments first and without being able to know which way was jumping forward and which would be going backwards... yet now we were suddenly supposed to fear one guy being able to link up with a bunch of other people who are already weeks/months of FTL travel time away at best.
                      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Why did Simeon miss Grear?

1. Grear, Rush and Scott were arguing and moving around quite allot, not exactly an easy shot if he was aiming for a specific target.
                        2. Simeon had just been shot in the leg by Grear, somehow i think his aim might have been thrown off by that.

Why did he miss Rush? His injury and he was toying with Rush. Perhaps he assumed Rush was a rubbish shot and so thought he could actually get up close without getting killed, and then kill Rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                          I think this is what Simeon was really doing. He proved he was a good shot when he scragged the kino. That takes a lot of precision to do that. Simeon could have killed Rush at any time.

He wasn't "missing" per se. He was toying with Rush and having a little fun before coming in for what he thought was the kill. That's definitely in his character.
                          Yup.

I saw the earlier stuff as Simeon wanting to herd people where he could do maximum damage from bombs and the like. Pin down Scott and company, allow the others to close in on his position and then set off an explosion. Smart.

regards,
                          G.
                          Go for Marty...

Comment

His plan should've been:

1. Go through the gate with Park
                            2. Use Park as a shield in case anyone follows. Shoot whomever follows through the same wormhole. (If it's someone unarmed like Rush, just shoot him in the knee so he can't fight)
                            3. As soon as the wormhole shuts down, dial another planet.
                            4. Take the remote back to the other LA guys, along with the weapons and stuff he loaded up on, and then gate-hop back to Destiny and try to retake the ship.
                            The other Lucian Alliance people were dumped on a planet? I must have missed that -which episode was that?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertF View Post
                              The other Lucian Alliance people were dumped on a planet? I must have missed that -which episode was that?
                              End of "Aftermath".

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
                                ...and give the good guys plenty of time to trigger a stampede, plug a new power cell into their phaser, or somehow save the day using a rubber band, two paper clips, and a stick of gum. Stupid bad guys.
                                Dat be hollywood for ya.. Heck, it seems to be a staple of all forms of fantasy; tv, films and novels..

Comment

Working...
                                X