No announcement yet.

Simeon: missing on purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We never really see a dead Simeon - just Rush shooting at him. My speculations are usually wrong, but what if Rush missed him on purpose and left him to slowly die on the planet alone? He's just too "good" a villain to be disposed of so quickly.

Comment

That is a possibility...... but I doubt Rush would have missed on purpose, I mean Simeon did just kill Amanda Perry, So I think Rush made his last shot count.
      sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

Agreed.. though it would have been cool to see if nothing else, blood on his boots.

Comment

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
          After the stampede, when Simeon was lying on the ground, did anyone else get an image of Rush asking him "Whats in the box!? Whats in the box!?!?!"

I was thinking MUFASA.

I thought it was obvious why Simeon missed, he's what a stormtrooper looks like out of uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
            After the stampede, when Simeon was lying on the ground, did anyone else get an image of Rush asking him "Whats in the box!? Whats in the box!?!?!"

Kudos on the Se7en reference.

Personally, as Rush was walking towards Simeon I was thinking: if it were me, I'd try and cut one of his arms off, and beat him to death with that instead of shooting him. Headshot is just too quick & painless.

Back to the topic - the only miss shot I could see that was on purpose was not killing Greer. If he's killed Greer, Scott would have no reason to stay with him or take him back to the gate, and would in fact be more likely to go into man-revenge mode. Therefore Simeon would have both Scott and Rush after him, instead of just Rush.

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
              I just watched Malice a second time, and noticed something strange, after Simeon was on the planet when Rush and Scott were going after him.

Okay, first he takes a shot at Scott and misses. Then a second later he shoots a Kino, twice. You have to have pretty good aim to make that shot, in rapid succession.

Then, right after Rush's breakdown, when Greer found the footprint Simeon took several shots that all missed. The boys took cover, but in the view from Simeon's scope we see a clear shot at Greer's exposed head and chest... and still he missed.

Then he finally shot Greer in the shoulder, could've easily been a kill shot but wasn't.

Then Simeon gave his speech about wanting Rush to live so his pain would be worse than death, that explains why he didn't kill Rush but why not Scott or Greer? He ended it by saying next time he would kill Rush.

When Rush shot at him in the 2nd canyon, he turned and shot back a bunch of times, and missed -- not really keeping his promise.

So... why isn't he trying very hard? He clearly has no problem with killing people. He killed Perry just because she happened to be in Ginn's body. He shot and killed several people before he left the ship. He put a bomb on Park's back, another one in the rocks to try to kill Rush, and another one that almost killed James and her team. But when it comes to shooting people, he seems to not understand that it's his survival he's fighting for.
              Why isn't he trying that hard? Because the goal wasn't to kill them all but to ensure that one of them would kill him, preferably off the ship, where there was a good chance he would be saved and then he'd be back in the same boat he was in. There were a lot of opportunities for Simeon to kill people and he didn't. His attacks were aimed at hindering the teams, not killing them, so that in the end, he faced one man who he was pretty certain would kill him. He wanted a soldier's death instead of a traitor's. He wasn't fighting for his survival because survival was never the plan. In 'real life' we'd call it 'suicide by cop'.
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Kayzersoze View Post
                Kudos on the Se7en reference.

Personally, as Rush was walking towards Simeon I was thinking: if it were me, I'd try and cut one of his arms off, and beat him to death with that instead of shooting him. Headshot is just too quick & painless.
                Na.. Shoot him in the other leg, and both arms..

Comment

Working...
                X