Simeon: missing on purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simeon: missing on purpose?

I just watched Malice a second time, and noticed something strange, after Simeon was on the planet when Rush and Scott were going after him.

Okay, first he takes a shot at Scott and misses. Then a second later he shoots a Kino, twice. You have to have pretty good aim to make that shot, in rapid succession.

Then, right after Rush's breakdown, when Greer found the footprint Simeon took several shots that all missed. The boys took cover, but in the view from Simeon's scope we see a clear shot at Greer's exposed head and chest... and still he missed.

Then he finally shot Greer in the shoulder, could've easily been a kill shot but wasn't.

Then Simeon gave his speech about wanting Rush to live so his pain would be worse than death, that explains why he didn't kill Rush but why not Scott or Greer? He ended it by saying next time he would kill Rush.

When Rush shot at him in the 2nd canyon, he turned and shot back a bunch of times, and missed -- not really keeping his promise.

So... why isn't he trying very hard? He clearly has no problem with killing people. He killed Perry just because she happened to be in Ginn's body. He shot and killed several people before he left the ship. He put a bomb on Park's back, another one in the rocks to try to kill Rush, and another one that almost killed James and her team. But when it comes to shooting people, he seems to not understand that it's his survival he's fighting for.

Simeon is skilled but nothing is more powerful then the character shields
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I think it has more to do with the fact he wanted them to back off and leave him on the planet. Wounding people makes it so others are forced to take them back to the gate. And with limited time available having to go back or wait for extra back-up is not a real luxery you have.

As for Rush at the end, the way he was approaching and the smile on his face I'd say he was going for the "dance before I kill you" cowboy type thing.

Comment

I loved Rush's response to Simeon's statement that he had "Valuable information."
        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

he was stalling

simeons plan was to wait until destiny jumped and then gate hop back to the planet where the rest of his people where dumped.

If he did that the LA suddenly have a gate remote they can go to other places.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Had he killed Greer, Scott would have put all of his focus onto killing Simeon, so I agree with the possibility that he purposely wounded Greer to get rid of both him and Scott while he had the chance

Comment

After the stampede, when Simeon was lying on the ground, did anyone else get an image of Rush asking him "Whats in the box!? Whats in the box!?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tykari View Post
                I think it has more to do with the fact he wanted them to back off and leave him on the planet. Wounding people makes it so others are forced to take them back to the gate. And with limited time available having to go back or wait for extra back-up is not a real luxery you have.

As for Rush at the end, the way he was approaching and the smile on his face I'd say he was going for the "dance before I kill you" cowboy type thing.
                Okay, well, he could've wounded Rush right at the beginning when his back was turned, when he was trying to disarm Park's backbomb. He also had multiple chances to wound both Scott and Greer but chose to shoot the ground instead.

Now that I think about it, right after he went through the gate with Park he should've turned around and dialed a random planet, then he could've escaped and they wouldn't know where he went.

Comment

Maybe he figured that seriously injuring somebody instead of killing them would force the Earthlings to turn back rather than abandon their injured. 'Cause as soon as Greer got hit, Scott retreated. As soon as James and her peeps got blown up, they went back. And he achieved this using as fewer bullets, mines and risk to himself as possible. It was actually a pretty solid plan - he didn't know the Destinites had control of the bridge, so he figured that he'd wait it out, not get himself killed, and then go on merrily his own way, having achieved what he set out to do by preventing Ginn from spreading the information. However, he didn't expect the Kino remote tracking thing, and that's what ultimately brought him down.

Now that I think about it, right after he went through the gate with Park he should've turned around and dialed a random planet, then he could've escaped and they wouldn't know where he went.
                  Maybe he thought that he would be immediately followed through the same wormhole he opened - like Rush did, and that's why he set the mine on Park and ran the hell away until the crew would give up.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

the simple explanation is that they don't kill off main characters like that

Comment

Do you mean from the show in general? What a horrible misuse of a character.

Comment

I agree with the OP that simeon missed a couple of easy shots, such as initially with rush

basically he could have whacked everyone the moment they entered the planet from the gate, I seem to recall SG1 doing a lot of that against the Jaffa throughout the years
                        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

His plan should've been:

1. Go through the gate with Park
                          2. Use Park as a shield in case anyone follows. Shoot whomever follows through the same wormhole. (If it's someone unarmed like Rush, just shoot him in the knee so he can't fight)
                          3. As soon as the wormhole shuts down, dial another planet.
                          4. Take the remote back to the other LA guys, along with the weapons and stuff he loaded up on, and then gate-hop back to Destiny and try to retake the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
                            His plan should've been:

4. Take the remote back to the other LA guys, along with the weapons and stuff he loaded up on, and then gate-hop back to Destiny and try to retake the ship.
                            Destiny has been travelling in one general direction.
                            There have been numerous stops (by Rush) when zero gates were within range.
                            I doubt he could gate hop back to the other LA guys. Too many gaps between some areas of the gates.

That was possible in the other galaxy (Lost), but for some reason it might not be in this one.
                            Perhaps the gates are farther apart in this Galaxy. Especially with one fewer Seeder ships operating now.

Comment

There were only three planets in range, and IIRC one of them was "a wasteland", so there was only one other address he could have dialed, and who knows where he could have gone from there. The remote might have given him that information when he stole it.

Comment

Working...
                              X