Well now we know for sure how comm-stone death works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well now we know for sure how comm-stone death works

After all the discussion last week about the possibility of Mandy surviving or Ginn ending up in the wrong body or other crazy theories (the crazier ones being mine of course ) it turns out that they simply and plainly both died.
    Yes, I was wrong on the Internet!

It was kinda mean that they gave us a bit of hope that Mandy may have lived, but at least they got dashing that hope over with quickly.

May Mandy and Ginn rest in peace...
    or even better, appear in hallucinations next time Eli or Rush are alone on the bridge
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Wait, they're both dead? Alas, I missed that part of the discussion and have to wait to see it again (forgot to record, darn). So if Gin's body is dead, that would mean Ginn is stuck in earth in Mandy's body, or ??? Hmm, both dead. Did they confirm that by stoning back to earth?

Comment

I'm sure this will help McKay's fear of using the stones.
      sigpic
      Doci of the BAG

Comment

at one point early on someone runs to the stone room, grabs a stone, and transfers... A little later you can hear someone on the radio excailm that amanda is confirmed dead.

I was shocked to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          After all the discussion last week about the possibility of Mandy surviving or Ginn ending up in the wrong body or other crazy theories (the crazier ones being mine of course ) it turns out that they simply and plainly both died.
          Yes, I was wrong on the Internet!

It was kinda mean that they gave us a bit of hope that Mandy may have lived, but at least they got dashing that hope over with quickly.

May Mandy and Ginn rest in peace...
          or even better, appear in hallucinations next time Eli or Rush are alone on the bridge

I think I read in a post on another thread that one of TPTB said not to assume that that would be the last of them in the show or something?

Comment

Originally posted by cheezegr8r View Post
            at one point early on someone runs to the stone room, grabs a stone, and transfers... A little later you can hear someone on the radio excailm that amanda is confirmed dead.

It was Lt. James and yes, both died.

Comment

Originally posted by cheezegr8r View Post

When the stone was first use by Daniel and Vala, when Vala was burn to death by the Ori worshipper , her body in Milkyway die as well.
              But when the a Prior heal the badly burned body of Vala's switch body , her body in Milyway was revive as well.

Unless a Prior or some advance being with healing power is near the dead Amanda (in Ginn's body),I expected both to die.But if Destiny had jump into FTL drive a second before or after Amanda's death , the interference of jumping in or out and temporary switch back could save Amanda on Earth.( we saw how Teford was swithch back to his body while Young was having sex with his wife)

But i admit the rules of Stone communication was inconsistent , like When Rush question Young not shuting down the life when the LA soldier reach Destiny's gate room.And Young's decicion was to save Teford not Rush becuause the moment Rush in Telford's body went into a worm hole , the stone connection get disconnect.

But in SGA episode when SGA doctor got switch with a criminal about to be execute, the SGA team brought the doctor body with a criminal's mind to that planet using stargate and fire at the stone device just to break the conenction in time.

If the stone connection can be break just entering the worm hole , then what was that SGA's episode about ?

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                When the stone was first use by Daniel and Vala, when Vala was burn to death by the Ori worshipper , her body in Milkyway die as well.
                But when the a Prior heal the badly burned body of Vala's switch body , her body in Milyway was revive as well.

Unless a Prior or some advance being with healing power is near the dead Amanda (in Ginn's body),I expected both to die.But if Destiny had jump into FTL drive a second before or after Amanda's death , the interference of jumping in or out and temporary switch back could save Amanda on Earth.( we saw how Teford was swithch back to his body while Young was having sex with his wife)

But i admit the rules of Stone communication was inconsistent , like When Rush question Young not shuting down the life when the LA soldier reach Destiny's gate room.And Young's decicion was to save Teford not Rush becuause the moment Rush in Telford's body went into a worm hole , the stone connection get disconnect.

But in SGA episode when SGA doctor got switch with a criminal about to be execute, the SGA team brought the doctor body with a criminal's mind to that planet using stargate and fire at the stone device just to break the conenction in time.

If the stone connection can be break just entering the worm hole , then what was that SGA's episode about ?
                Good point, but maybe it's something related to the higher power use of a 9 chevron wormhole. Yeah, it's cheap, but it's something.

Comment

What I want to know is when Young was killing Telford Rush felt the effects so why wouldn't they just cutt the connection on Ginn/Perry once Ginn started to feel the effects on Earth. She had no family and they definitely wouldn't let her leave the SGC so woudn't she'd be within seconds of being able to have the connection severed?
                  sigpic
                  Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                    What I want to know is when Young was killing Telford Rush felt the effects so why wouldn't they just cutt the connection on Ginn/Perry once Ginn started to feel the effects on Earth. She had no family and they definitely wouldn't let her leave the SGC so woudn't she'd be within seconds of being able to have the connection severed?
                    Unless Simeon killed her with a neck snap, in which case Perry would be dead before anyone realized it might be the other end.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                      Unless Simeon killed her with a neck snap, in which case Perry would be dead before anyone realized it might be the other end.
                      So we never saw Simeon kill her? I guess if he did something like that it would make sense then. From what I heard from the end of last week I thought he was going to stab her with a improvised knife or something, and I'm pretty sure that would have given Earth enough time to sever the connection.

This is what I get for only having Hulu.
                      sigpic
                      Doci of the BAG

Comment

So we never saw Simeon kill her? I guess if he did something like that it would make sense then. From what I heard from the end of last week I thought he was going to stab her with a improvised knife or something, and I'm pretty sure that would have given Earth enough time to sever the connection.

This is what I get for only having Hulu.
                        Don't blame Hulu, it's Syfy holding them back. Anyway, yes, we don't see him kill her, and there's no blood so he didn't stab or shoot her.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                          Don't blame Hulu, it's Syfy holding them back. Anyway, yes, we don't see him kill her, and there's no blood so he didn't stab or shoot her.
                          I don't blame Hulu, its been a good friend to me. I've got HuluPlus anyways.

So we never saw Simeon kill her, did Simeon ever admit to killing her? I mean any chance there was something more going on?
                          sigpic
                          Doci of the BAG

Comment

I don't blame Hulu, its been a good friend to me. I've got HuluPlus anyways.

So we never saw Simeon kill her, did Simeon ever admit to killing her? I mean any chance there was something more going on?
                            He cops to it, so he did do it, we just don't see him do it.

Comment

yes we do but why did we have to lose two awesome characters to find out :*(
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X