Eli & Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
    I would say that Eli is more of an adult than Rush.IMO. Rush acts like a spoiled child . Eli has much more self control.
    A whole lot more if you ask me. Eli isn't as paranoid and he is not obsessed with the destiny like rush which reminds me of a little kid with a new toy. Eli does control himself and is work oriented, yet at the same time he likes to have some fun. The way he acted in this episode shows that he has a very serious side to himself and when in grief he can get snappy and has quite a pair if you know what I mean.

Rush is always snappy to the point where it seems like he is more inconsiderate than not. I could not see Eli like that, he is probably the most considerate guy on that ship. And kudos to the actor too, he does a great job at portraying Eli and the writers seem to be able to write him perfectly. I have yet to see anything wrong with Eli, his actions and so on. Heck, his stone story was way better than any other stone stories on the show to date.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Though Eli is more of a joker, where rush is all logic, frak emotions..
      Eli uses humor to help him cope in difficult situations. I understand that, I go for the humor, it cuts the tension, rather than snapping out at people.
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by janus4ever View Post
        Eli is the canine of Young who is the most miserable looser of the sg history.. I hate them both.
        But I bet Young could spell loser right. He wins!
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I do not think Eli views Rush as a father figure, as evident from how he has disapproved of many of his actions in the past [ i.e mutiny of Destiny, keeping the bridge a secret and e.t.c]

His actions would be similar in that just like Rush, Eli had lost his lover and now was struggling to cope. They would have partocularly seemed similar as Eli was leading the scientists at the time, just as Rush normally does.
          Abbas Karimjee
          www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
          The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
            Errrrr Gloria's death? Mandy's murder? Rush shows plenty of emotion tbh.
            I was on about rush and el in relation to normal times... Rush is all business, eli is jokes..

Comment

i think they would deal with the effects much differently.

rush didn't even hesitate to shoot the guy and that was after the guy was just crushed. i think that he isn't going to show emotions toward his action, especially not in front of anyone. and really has no regret about what he did.

eli on the hand, if he had the opportunity to kill the guy, i think he would have hesitated more on shooting him. and it would definitely be a major character story for the next few episodes (a really good one that is). i could see him talking to geer or scott about it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                It could be argued that Young was protecting Eli by not giving him a weapon. On the one hand, as has been pointed out, Eli would have had a very low survival chance on the planet against Simeon. On the other hand, Young was protecting Eli from the emotional/psychological change he would undergo were he to actually be able to kill Simeon.

We'll likely see a certain amount of what Eli would be going through by looking at how Rush is going to handle himself in upcoming episodes.

regards,
                G.
                I believe he was protecting Eli, both physically and emotionally. Eli is not a soldier, in either skill or mindset, and Young sees that. Between Rush and Eli, Rush is a grown man and if he goes off, that's one thing but Eli is another, someone taken under Young's wing and I think Young would take it personally if Eli got hurt like that. The best place for Eli to help is where he works best - the bridge.
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Thats why i thought it be best if Young let Eli off-world, by the time he wanted to go, Simeon for so far ahead as for Eli to catch up is laughable, but it would have giving him the feeing of doing something to avenge Ginn, instead of sat on the bridge trying to keep in range of the gate so the people going after Simeon can get home after the deed is done.

For me, if that situation happened, i woudl want to do something the bring Simeon down and NOT sit on the bridge solving math problems, even if i was the best mathematician on the planet, i would want to join the hunt, sitting still cooped up with revenge and remorse and pain flowing through me would not settle knowing someone else was out there - i would want to finish Simeon, or at least be out there tracking him down.

The moment Eli picked up that M4 he made a concious decision to take control of his life - his own Destiny, like he HADNT done up untill now on the series either on Earth or elsewhere in the universe.

I get the feeling his confidence in himself is going to soar because on some level, he knows what he chose to do with picking up that M4, but the fact he could use the feeling inside of him to fuel his actions, means it will turn inward as he has no release for those emotions, anymore.

I wouldnt be surprised if we see Eli start to turn less naive and childish with sci-fi quotes and moments of uncertainty, and more of a darker less light hearted, kind of rough edges dude. Wouldnt like to see him go off the rails completely and have to be put down by Greer though - that would be overkill

N.C

Comment

Working...
                  X