Simeon unrealistically overpowered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simeon unrealistically overpowered.

During his rampage through destiny, he managed to take down 5 marines, killing 2 of them, and managed to wound 3 more military personnel on the planet.

The entire Lucian Alliance Incursion ended with only a few wounded military personnel and 2 dead marines.

The crew seemed to have suffered more casualties from one Lucian Alliance soldier than they did from a whole invading force of them.

That seems that a pretty unrealistic contrivance to further a story that honestly shouldn't have happened.

Seriously, it was ridiculous how quickly those marines were being dropped by a single guy with a pistol.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Armed and ready for the Lucian Alliance in Incursion. Simeon had the element of surprise in Malice
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Armed and ready for the Lucian Alliance in Incursion. Simeon had the element of surprise in Malice
      Even still, they were taken by surprised by the Alliance during Incursion. You'd think they'd take heavier casualties by guys firing machine guns rather than a single dude with a pistol.
      These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Even still, they were taken by surprised by the Alliance during Incursion. You'd think they'd take heavier casualties by guys firing machine guns rather than a single dude with a pistol.
        lol, no, they were forewarned in the first case. Simeon had gained complete surprise in this ep. Considering Simeon's background, I wouldn't be surprised if he had more combat experience than every earth soldier on Destiny with the exception of Young himself.

Comment

The big firefights in the corridors during the Incursion were rapid-fire rifle rounds bouncing off walls and grazing people left and right in very close quarters. Malice had Simeon with a pistol, walking through the halls, shooting off lights and taking marines by surprise with well-placed shots. Nothing crazy, just walking around and pulling the trigger before the others could see it coming. No less unrealistic than two redshirt Wraith getting downed by Shepperd or something.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I could easily believe Simeon would get the jump on his personal guard and Ginn/Perry. Those were likely silent kills with the element of surprise. No gunshots fired.

But once Simeon went loud with shots fired, that would have been his last kill with the element of surprise. So I could reasonably believe 2 more easy kills in that manner.

It should have been MUCH tougher after that.

Comment

He's the sort of charecter that is trained and born to kill. I'm sure if Greer was the man going nuts and on a rampage he'd be able to do as much damage.

And you can't really compare two different types of battles and say he's op. Element of surprise and quick reflexes make all the difference.

Comment

The soldiers on Destiny weren't expecting anyone to attack them. Even the best trained soldiers can be killed or wounded if they are caught off guard.
                sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

One person is easier to hide, get the jump on people, and/or move about than the larger groups who initially invaded Destiny from The LA.

Comment

You must hate Riddick then.

And Batman.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                      You must hate Riddick then.

And Batman.
                      and the SGA main characters roaming around hive ships
                      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Indeed, not to mention we don't know how large Destiny is so many corridors could be empty enough for him to find the right route to go undetected for a while.

Comment

The whole problem with Simeon is that he should have had two guards on them. All the LA people had two guards initially, and out of all the LA, he was the only one who showcased a problem afterward. Not to mention, Greer knew he was bad news. The fact that it was reduced to one guard was just another sad, stupid move.

The two guards standing outside the armory were stupid, too. The lights suddenly go out, and you just stand there? Especially after you just hear on the radio that Ginn is down and that Simeon is unaccounted for? They should have had their guns out and taking cover. It kinda puts a lie to what Young said about them being skilled and trained for this.

Young should have immediately assumed he was heading to a vital area, and thus ordered guards to cover them: gate room, armory, or bridge. Once those are covered, you can begin your search.

Instead, it really feels like everything was specifically set up to allow Simeon to kill Ginn/Perry and then escape off the ship. So Simeon wasn't overpowered, but more like the other side was considerably underpowered.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                            The whole problem with Simeon is that he should have had two guards on them. All the LA people had two guards initially, and out of all the LA, he was the only one who showcased a problem afterward. Not to mention, Greer knew he was bad news. The fact that it was reduced to one guard was just another sad, stupid move.

The two guards standing outside the armory were stupid, too. The lights suddenly go out, and you just stand there? Especially after you just hear on the radio that Ginn is down and that Simeon is unaccounted for? They should have had their guns out and taking cover. It kinda puts a lie to what Young said about them being skilled and trained for this.

Young should have immediately assumed he was heading to a vital area, and thus ordered guards to cover them: gate room, armory, or bridge. Once those are covered, you can begin your search.

Instead, it really feels like everything was specifically set up to allow Simeon to kill Ginn/Perry and then escape off the ship. So Simeon wasn't overpowered, but more like the other side was considerably underpowered.
                            I agree, thats exactly how it came off as to me. It was a little boring to have him simply walk up and cap people, like those people weren't watching the entrances to the hallway they were guarding. I would have preferred he would have done something more creative, or at least had our guys fight back slightly.
                            For me the fault was in the execution

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
                              I agree, thats exactly how it came off as to me. It was a little boring to have him simply walk up and cap people, like those people weren't watching the entrances to the hallway they were guarding. I would have preferred he would have done something more creative, or at least had our guys fight back slightly.
                              For me the fault was in the execution
                              I didn't mind that scene too much, but I agree. My main beef with it was though that the armoury wasn't locked.
                              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X