Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    First Lieutenant

Default Re: Simoen unrealistically overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Very Funny!

Staff Sergeant

I don't have a problem with a 9mm dropping someone in one hit. I just don't like how they seem to die immediately. I know it's done this way on screen for a number of reasons, it just feels kinda corny to me. I'm not saying they would be able to shoot back, especially since they were surprised (therefore they'd have no adrenaline in their system to lessen the initial shock of being struck). I'm just saying that you usually don't lose consciousness before you hit the floor barring a headshot or spinal cord injury.

But seeing people all torn up and barely clinging to life ain't all that fun to watch anyway so no biggie. It's scary what tenacity the human body has sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzey View Post
    I can't believe you guys are still arguing with him. A brick wall would concede defeat before he will.
    It's all in good fun.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by ZoSo View Post
    I don't have a problem with a 9mm dropping someone in one hit. I just don't like how they seem to die immediately. I know it's done this way on screen for a number of reasons, it just feels kinda corny to me. I'm not saying they would be able to shoot back, especially since they were surprised (therefore they'd have no adrenaline in their system to lessen the initial shock of being struck). I'm just saying that you usually don't lose consciousness before you hit the floor barring a headshot or spinal cord injury.

But seeing people all torn up and barely clinging to life ain't all that fun to watch anyway so no biggie. It's scary what tenacity the human body has sometimes.
    From prior page:

"A .38 caliber and .45 caliber are large caliber bullets. They travel at a low velocity, which makes them relatively easy to stop. If they hit someone in the chest it's like hitting them with a baseball bat..."

"On the other hand, any of these calibers can cause instant clinical death and spontaneous drop if they sever a large vessel (such as an aorta, for example) or hit the heart or brain. In the case of major vessels or the heart, this is relative to a massive drop in blood pressure. In reality the person falls unconscious due to the drop in blood pressure or shock and death follows in only a few seconds or minutes, giving the appearance that he dropped dead?."

His conclusion was:

"In my personal experience, if you shoot a man in the chest he will go into shock and fall down no matter what you shoot him with. If you shoot him with something big enough, he will fall down and die."

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by ZoSo View Post

They didn't die immediately. Hence the scene in the infirmary as TJ and chums struggle to cope with the wounded. In fact only one person Simeon shot died at all, sometime after being shot.