This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with the theme song

Has anyone noticed the SG-1 theme song is almost exacty like The Nutcracker, Opus 71- Act I: Journey Through The Snow & Waltz Of The Snowflakes?
    Maybe you have, just thought I'd raise the question.

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

nope i have not

Comment

Anyone notice how the Sam/Jack theme song is almost EXACTLY the same as the Romeo and Juliet theme... hahaha, I think that's quite funny.

No, I havn't noticed the main theme song simialarity... i'll go check out the Nutcracker thing.
      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

A little "off topic", but has anyone noticed how "BORING" the Atlantis theme song is? I'm used to sci-fi shows having a "stand out" theme song, where as soon as you hear it you know what show it is, ie: SG1, Buffy, Angel, Andromeda, etc, etc. The theme song for Atlantis is so bland, and non-memorable. They really need to work on a song that will say "Atlantis" as soon as you hear it.
        EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

I LOVE the Atlantis theme song! I think it's great and really fits the show! I think it does say Atlantis. I also love the SG-1 theme music but I think the Atlantis one just has something more. Je ne sais quoi
          May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

yeah the atlantis theam song rules i have it saved on my compter

Comment

Hey, for you guys that don't know exactly what the heck I'm talking about, click this link and go to 3. The Nutcracker, Opus 71- Act I: Journey Through The Snow & Waltz Of The Snowflakes and listen; you'll see. Or rather hear.
              http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/cl...408943-6643137

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
              -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

Comment

I heard it. It's three notes. It pops right out!

I'm sure it's a coincidence, but movie composers have to use the language of previous well known composers, to evoke memories and emotions, so maybe not.
                John Williams referenced the music from several Warner Bros. movies for his "Star Wars" theme, just as Lucas referenced classic science fiction (the sand worm skeletons on Tatoine, did I spell that right?). Basically, it's OK as long as it's the movies.
                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

I love the Atlantis theme song. I always knew they were going to have something planned for Ford's character thanks to the gospel type notes when they show RSF in the theme.

SG1's is taken from the movie theme which is also good.

Comment

Originally posted by star47
                    A little "off topic", but has anyone noticed how "BORING" the Atlantis theme song is? I'm used to sci-fi shows having a "stand out" theme song, where as soon as you hear it you know what show it is, ie: SG1, Buffy, Angel, Andromeda, etc, etc. The theme song for Atlantis is so bland, and non-memorable. They really need to work on a song that will say "Atlantis" as soon as you hear it.
                    I think Atlantis has a great theme. Way cooler than Andromeda.

-IMF
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Can't agree with you there i'm afraid. I've chopped up an MP3 of it and used it on me phone as the ring signal
                      That would explain how we went from "Your a pig, but I like your cat" to "I missed you"

Comment

Well I heard it and well it does sound just a little bit like the theme of SG.1 but still it is very different than the theme song.
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

I think both theme songs are good, but the stargate film song is better than both of them. what u think
                          There is no spoon

Free your mind

Comment

I think the Atlantis theme song is great. Very epic sounding.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's nice, but a bit slow. It and the footage remind me of "Star Trek, Voyager" Well at least it's not a pop song!
                              Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Working...
                              X