Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is relevant how, exactly? They didn't steal anything in "Ethon".
    easily accessible Mark I?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      and the goauld just let their ha'tak blow by SG1
      It's a lot easier to destroy something than it is to steal it intact. Look at the trouble they had to go through to steal Cronus' Ha'tak.

they never mentioned the APBW's not being present, so they were present.
      Flawed logic. Just because they don't mention it not being there doesn't mean it automatically is. However, if their weapons had been knocked out, they'd have said so.

please! that's what the cloaking generator installed on every single tel'tak is for!
      Except it has to be turned off when people leave the ship, as it pretty much always is.

but that's not the point of this thread. the OP did not believe the LA could attack or defeat earth.

i've shown they can. you're using "it's a story" as an escape route. that's admitting defeat. the LA can defeat earth. it's just that the infinitely powerful plot and hero shields surrounding earth are what stops it.
      As soon as you start going outside the bounds of the story to justify why they can, then you've admitted they can't. Going by the story, the LA is not the threat the show is trying to make them out to be.

i have the feeling this is going in a loop. what the hell do you think i mentioned Baal's hatak. those have beam tech. and those can be stolen
      Assuming they stole one, yes, but if they had beaming tech, why not keep an Al'kesh in deep space? The fact that they land a tel'tak shows they couldn't beam out.

easily accessible Mark I?
      There was no Mark I in "Ethon". They strapped the inertial damper of a 302 to a missile.

Comment

Except it has to be turned off when people leave the ship, as it pretty much always is.
        no.

Deadman's switch

As soon as you start going outside the bounds of the story to justify why they can, then you've admitted they can't. Going by the story, the LA is not the threat the show is trying to make them out to be.
        no. the LA of SGU are worlds apart from the LA of SG1

Assuming they stole one, yes, but if they had beaming tech, why not keep an Al'kesh in deep space? The fact that they land a tel'tak shows they couldn't beam out.
        beam jamming was present, namely their own.

There was no Mark I in "Ethon". They strapped the inertial damper of a 302 to a missile.
        no.

Carter and Marks went to the Mark I to transfer power to the engines, failed, and then transferred it to the beaming nodes to beam the people to the surface.

Comment

no.

Deadman's switch
          Haven't seen that one in a while, so I'll take your word for it. Later episodes seem to contradict that. If the Jaffa under Gerak could leave without turning off the cloak, why not do so?

beam jamming was present, namely their own.
          Which their ship was generating. If they had an Al'kesh, they could just beam Telford up whenever they needed to.

no.

Carter and Marks went to the Mark I to transfer power to the engines, failed, and then transferred it to the beaming nodes to beam the people to the surface.
          Ah, ok. How is this easily accessible, though? The ship was already falling apart, and it would be guarded/monitored nonetheless.

Comment

it beat several hives, and stood up to many more.
            If you are on about the Siege part 3.. it got its ass handed to it by the remaining 8 hives.

They can be scrambled in enough time to shoot down an Al'kesh on a bombing run. You forget, when Teal'c did that close-range hyperspace exit, he very nearly crashed. You try that with an Al'kesh, you aren't going to recover. Changing your scenario to suicide bombers again comes to the fact that the LA doesn't do that.
            Who says the LA gives the pilot a choice?

Comment

Haven't seen that one in a while, so I'll take your word for it. Later episodes seem to contradict that. If the Jaffa under Gerak could leave without turning off the cloak, why not do so?
              same reason SG1 doesn't use the copious amounts of goauld healing tech. "plot"

Which their ship was generating. If they had an Al'kesh, they could just beam Telford up whenever they needed to.
              i can't remember Ba'al's alkesh having beaming tech.

Comment

They do have rings though.

Comment

i can't remember Ba'al's alkesh having beaming tech.
                  Why wouldn't it, if Orisis did? Plus Ba'al crashed his as part of the show.

Comment

And we know some of his other ships had them as well (arc of truth)

Comment

Working...
                    X