No announcement yet.

Math Chick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. How many times in SGA or SG1 was someone taken over by aliens, only to be restored either that ep or 2 later..

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
      I lol'd at her little Data moment on the bridge
      That scene was hilarious! She pushes one button, then another, then she starts typing like a freakin' secretary..."SSSTOP HER!!!" LMAO!!!
      Stratification?

Comment

Originally posted by Save Chloe View Post
        That scene was hilarious! She pushes one button, then another, then she starts typing like a freakin' secretary..."SSSTOP HER!!!" LMAO!!!

A secretary, she could have been Young's secretary. That would have actually worked. It would have made her useful until she started going blue. But either way I'm content with the direction Chloe is going.

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
          It all seemed a bit contrived writing to me. suddenly at the exact moment they need the help.
          "here she comes to save the day, Mighty Mouse is on her way"
          But I suppose it had to be written that way.
          I thought using Chloe was an appropriate risk on Young's part, and one which had been set up fairly well by the writers.

We have been shown that her math skills have been developing. We have also seen that there is some sort of change going on with her person, both physically and mentally, and as such she has been "quarantined". If she had shown up without us seeing these developments (ie. she hadn't been locked up and she just walked on to the bridge and started to push buttons), then that would have been a bit too DeM.

Young wouldn't place her on the bridge unless it was a very critical situation, in this case to save lives on the planet and potentially more lives back on Earth. What would have been interesting is if she HADN'T solved the problem and was doing something else...

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            Why did the Chloe cross the road?
            To check Demeter on her parking spot?

regards,
            G.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
              A significant difference to SG1's Bane and SGA's Conversion is that it was a deliberate act by the blueberries, so her metamorphosis takes on a much more sinister aspect. It's not just that she can't help herself, but nobody knows whether, at any given time, she's helping the aliens. It's creepy, in a good way.

I like the way it's being dealt with - the A plot action takes up most of the screen time, the B plot does its thing, but there, lurking in the background, is this thing continuing to develop. It would feel slow if they focussed on it, but they don't so I'm content to have it play out in snippets here and there.
              This, this 100x this - alien Chole is scary and here new "super powers" should be labelled 'for use as last resort only', who knows what she's actually doing?

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
              Most of the SGU audience is male, I don't think Chloe plays well to that group simply because the romance doesn't which covers most of the scenes Chloe is involved in on the show.

Its like "oh shes kissing/shagging/flirting with Scott again - I don't care about this".
              It might be interesting to note that SGU is the first of the franchise that my mum likes, my dad has problems coping with story arcs and character development & stopped watching after the first couple of eps. I think that a lot of people here are towards his end of the spectrum. rather than my mum's.

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
              But this is Stargate and the writers either don't know how to write female characters, or don't care enough about them to give them any meaningful airtime. It took them a good few seasons to "find" Sam, and the less said about the SGA women, the better.

/rant
              The only female character they did well was Wier, then they killed her. IMO SGA would have been a lot better with her staying around longer.

Comment

Working...
              X