SGU without Chloe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU without Chloe...

I wasn't until after the 10 minute mark of this ep that Chloe was first sighted, which was a very fleeting sighting at that. It immediately made me think that she doesn't really add that much to the show, as it was a cracking episode up that point and I didn't even realise she wasn't around.

I haven't always been anti-Chloe but unless this Smurfette-Chloe transformation makes things interesting, I can't see the character staying around too long.
    sigpic

I can see her sticking around forever. Just to spite all the haters. Or, maybe, because some people, like the writers, actually like her, no contributions or not.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I wouldn't call myself anti-Chloe at all. I like Elyse Levesque and I hope she gets screen time. However, I do think TPTB have written themselves into a corner with her character. She's a civilian that doesn't really bring any skills to the table, unlike Eli, Rush, Volker, or the other scientists. As such, she can't serve a specific function on a what's essentially a military vessel.

What do you do with a civilian on a military vessel? She's essentially a random element, an X-factor in the whole situation and it's not clear how she'd fit in with the crew other than being Scott's girlfriend. If it weren't for the transformation plot with the Blueberry/Smurf aliens, what would she be doing? I hope TPTB really do something special with this plot...
      Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 17 November 2010, 01:53 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

I actually really liked Chloe in this episode (and have since the last episode of last season). I don't know if it was the acting or the setup or what, but I thought "Awwwww, leave her alone u guyz!" when everyone (even Eli) was being mean to her.

I still think that Chloe's ultimate fate will be to lose the funky healing powers and the super-brain, but retain knowledge of various alien species in this area of space through everything the Blues have mind-pillaged. That, plus the setup last season with her studying all of Jackson's writings/reports sets her up as being the Daniel character for Destiny. That's the main reason they haven't been able to explore alien lore/planets and such on Destiny - no points of reference. Chloe is becoming that point of reference.
        Last edited by k1037; 17 November 2010, 01:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Best thing they could do is blow Teenage Mutant Blueberry Chloe out of an airlock. Brody's scepticism with regards to TMBC helping on the bridge says it all.
          Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

There are a few characters that seem to be "Hey that sounds like a good idea." brainstorm only to come back after character introductions and what not to think what can we do with them now? Chloe is the obvious one to point fingers at because the character itself is basically bland. She can't shoot anything because she hasn't had the training, she's not incredibly smart like Rush or Eli, personally I am not sure why she's allowed on away missions as she would more likely be a liability than help. Elyse is doing a good job with her acting though I just hope that something can be done about her character or else she'll be dead by the end of Season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
              Best thing they could do is blow Teenage Mutant Blueberry Chloe out of an airlock. Brody's scepticism with regards to TMBC helping on the bridge says it all.
              It won't happen, but IF some1 is to go out of the show, it's her. Otherwise she would become another deux ex-machina

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
                It won't happen, but IF some1 is to go out of the show, it's her. Otherwise she would become another deux ex-machina
                I agree. They've killed off a number of secondary characters already. Sooner or later, they'll likely eliminate one of the main characters for a really dramatic plot development and I'm thinking she'd be one of the top candidates to get written out—her and perhaps Wray.
                sigpic

Comment

what's with all the airlocking. it's SGU not BSG. even though they are 66.6666666666 % identical (B-SG and SG-u)

Comment

I don't really hate her (even though she can be annoying sometimes) but I wouldn't miss her if she was gone. I think her main problem is that she is rather boring and was entangled in a few rather melodramatic sub plots back in Season 1.

She has become more interesting with her slow transformation but she still isn't the most exciting person on Destiny.

I really would like to see the end of her relationship with Scott since this has gotten rather old and I feel she is dragging down Scott somewhat.
                    In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

Hmmmm... So.. why is Eli all hating on her now?

He lost his trick and now he's all hating on Chloe. I really want him to grow the F up!

I've developed a Love/Hate relationship with Eli. Lately, it's been mostly hate.

"You know sometimes, when your using the stones, you forget your actually in someone else's body, like when I went that club with Chloe that night and flirted with that chick who could have had herpes or some other more permanent passenger, all while I was in someone else's body. I'm just saying"

KlaxxonBlue

Comment

I like Chloe and would miss her if they killed her off

Comment

Hmmm Just off the top of my head, all I can say is that in season 1 she was important for political reasons. But they just sorta dropped the fact that she is the senators daughter. Which is fine with me. All of the political IOA stuff always annoyed me. More Sy-Fi, less Woolsey. I'm fine with her getting screen time due to her transformation, but I want to see her let in more, rather than only see her onscreen with Lt. Scott. Tonight was a good start.
                          sigpic
                          Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                          O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                          Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                          O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            I can see her sticking around forever. Just to spite all the haters. Or, maybe, because some people, like the writers, actually like her, no contributions or not.
                            Being SGU's (perhaps the entire franchise's) Wesley is a dubious honour indeed.

But even TNG's writers eventually got the message, and that was in the days before the interwebz.

I can see the writers (1) rehashing the Ancient Repository angle on this. Make Chloe really smart for a few episodes, but her brain shuts itself down because it can't deal with the changes, then it'll get deus ex machina'd out. Or (2) Making Chloe really smart for the duration, and REALLY turn her into the Wesley, which would probably be the shark jumping moment of the franchise.

Comment

well i think they wanted to focuse on eli and rush....show that they do have a hart...and maby it plays into a later date
                              Spoiler:
                              one of the go bat crap crazy?

Comment

Working...
                              X