Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default The attack on Earth

Why is Homeworld Security so concerned about a Lucian Alliance attack of Earth? With the complement of 304s that Earth has, we should have no problem repelling any attack they can wage. If they come in force, it should allow us to wipe them out (since new Hataks are no longer being built).

Additionally, if we can get the Free Jaffa to park a few motherships in the solar system, they would even make victory more certain.

Personally, I would love to see an episode where the LA attack Earth, and I would love to see us capture a few Hataks from them if possible.

Default Re: The attack on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by PJO3434 View Post
    Why is Homeworld Security so concerned about a Lucian Alliance attack of Earth? With the complement of 304s that Earth has, we should have no problem repelling any attack they can wage. If they come in force, it should allow us to wipe them out (since new Hataks are no longer being built).

Additionally, if we can get the Free Jaffa to park a few motherships in the solar system, they would even make victory more certain.

Personally, I would love to see an episode where the LA attack Earth, and I would love to see us capture a few Hataks from them if possible.
    Given the way the Alliance has been operating, I seriously doubt they'd go for a direct frontal assault. They know that Earth has superior technology and lots of allies in the galaxy so they're going for a more covert kind of assault, the same kind of operation they successfully pulled off with getting onboard the Destiny. It's much more likely that they'd use a cloaked ship and blow up a city or two with nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO3434 View Post

The Free Jaffa and Earth aren't on 100% good terms, at least, that was the last thing I understood.

Colonel

Cloaked cargo ships full of nukes = goodbye Earth.

not just nukes. Naquadah enhanced. Poor Eli...

There's lots of very easy ways for the Lucian alliance to wipe out the Earth if they actually get to use real life type brainpower. The easiest would be to just get a cargoship up to fractional c speeds while cloaked and crash it into the planet on purpose. When it hits it'll destroy the entire biosphere.

If the plan worked they wouldn't even know anything was even going on until the thing actually hit and everybody got vaporised.

Use a few dozen at once if you're really worried about them seeing through the cloak or something. The LA have plenty of old Goa'uld junk to play with and Earth is the biggest batch of eggs in a single fragile basket in the entire Stargate universe.

Of course when the attack actually does come it'll probably be a bunch of idiots in black leather with carbines trying to storm Norad and take it over.

how about straight out ignoring the 304's in orbit and just directly targeting cities?

or what about a sizeable fleet of Al'kesh. we don't have anything that can effectively fight them. it has shields, so railguns are useless and our APBW's cant really hit them. and missiles well they won't be THAT effective

Chief Master Sergeant

Since atlantis is on earth and has atleast a partially functional ZPM they could send drones after any fleet that attacked, the asguard enhanced ships are more then a match for the ships and really, the LA is going to attack earth?

I think this entire attack on earth is idiotic "terrorists in space" plot. It's like if Osama was captured and we didn't put him to death because "he may have information about an attack in the works."

Tim

Atlantis wouldn't be able stop the attack. Surely, it would destroy all the hataks, but not in time to save a handful a cities from being blown sky high.
    http://email.faxem.com.au/download/files/01445/1279070/iStock_000010944279Small_Header.jpg
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Chief Master Sergeant

With the long range sensors atlantis has? And the regular ships?

Plus it just doesn't make sense. Do you really want the people who defeated the goauld, the replicators and the ori as enemies?

I don't get the LA. I don't understand why they would plan an attack on earth knowing that it's quite possibly the worst thing they could.

Tim

Yeah, I don't get it either. The only thing I can think of is that people that are just starting SGU wouldn't know how many threats the SGC has derailed with just 4 people. Plus "The Lucian Alliance" sounds REALLy bad-ass. Nice name writers!
    Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
    O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
    Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
    O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

PJ,

How do you know, with certianty, they aren't building any new Ha'taks?
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Maybe they want to steal Atlantis? They seem awfully interested in Ancient tech

Quote Originally Posted by sblade View Post
    Maybe they want to steal Atlantis? They seem awfully interested in Ancient tech
    I hope so. Do you think that the writers will go so far into SG1/SGU stuff while trying to keep new viewers?

Spoiler:
    Well, I heard that David Hewlett guest stars later, so maybe they will do stuff like this to make ME happy. <3 SGA.
    Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
    O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
    Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
    O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Chief Master Sergeant randomking's Avatar

i think its more the fact that they are planing an attack that worry's sgc...it means they think they have a chans maby they found a lost Atlantis weapon or something...

In the Stargate franchise, when did we first hear about / discover there even is a Lucien Alliance? I've watched a bunch of SG1 & SGA now but have watched reruns out of order, etc so its like putting together a big puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene1212 View Post
    In the Stargate franchise, when did we first hear about / discover there even is a Lucien Alliance? I've watched a bunch of SG1 & SGA now but have watched reruns out of order, etc so its like putting together a big puzzle.
    Late 8th SG-1 season. 12th episode actually. So says GW omnipedia anyway.
    http://email.faxem.com.au/download/files/01445/1279070/iStock_000010944279Small_Header.jpg
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

Season eight, episode twelve, Prometheus Unbound, had two aliens guys who later got retconned into being Lucian Alliance come episode four of season nine. The Alliance wasn't name-checked until Vala explained them to the team.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Quote Originally Posted by Steelbox View Post
    Late 8th SG-1 season. 12th episode actually. So says GW omnipedia anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    Season eight, episode twelve, Prometheus Unbound, had two aliens guys who later got retconned into being Lucian Alliance come episode four of season nine. The Alliance wasn't name-checked until Vala explained them to the team.
    Thanks guys. I'm guessing those are the 2006/2007 episodes. I'll have to check my DVR for those particular eps. (I've got over 70 unviewed Stargate eps stored on there!)

i'd reccoment NOT watching SG1's episodes of the LA. you'll never be able to take SGU's seriously again.

as to an attack on earth.

MY GOD THE LACK OF IMAGINATION.

ONE nuke to wipe out half a continent. whacha think happens when the LA sneaks into earth's Mark IX storage facility and sets them off. extrapolating from a certain nuke really testing, you would be able to flatten every building in a 5000 or so kilometer radius, the shockwave would go round the earth some 3000 times, the heat and light would even let the Inuit get a sunburn.

global warming? instant flooding if you set off one of our copyous amounts of nukes at the arctic.

standard BC-304 nuke? 1000 Mt. AKA 200 Tsara Bombas. Mark IX is supposed to be around a factor 10 worse.

remember First Strike, nuking asuras? that, but then on earth.

let alone the large stashes of naquahdah which so easily fission when close to a regular nuke. contact any of the dozen or so earth-like planets with nuclear technology in the milkyway, get a dozen or so nukes, put them in Tel'tak, fill the tel'tak with naquahdah (even ore will suffice), and watch the earth light up like the 4th of july.

and that's just nukes. given how long the LA apparently has been planning this, there's a possibility the LA will just appear in orbit, all 304's get a simultaneous system crash, and they self-destruct. or worse, get captured. or a bunch of tel'tak decloak in the hangar bay. or one of the many nukes on a 304 suddenly go off.

there are so many scenarios in which the LA easily deals with earth. believing in the power of our alien tech is madness.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast