Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

Default Re: Favourite Moments/Quotes/Roaring Rampage of Revenge from 'Malice'

Rewatch Note: Awesome VFX shot of Chloe staring out the window and then the ship going into FTL, sideways. There's also the scene on the planet when it hits Rush that Amanda's really dead. Poor guy.

Also updated my first post with the correct Greer epic line - the moment itself has to be mentioned, mostly because of the camera work - three guys silhouetted on the hill with the setting sun behind them, and Jamil's awesome delivery of, "Is it something we can barbecue?"
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

I thought those mines were pretty cool, but I couldn't tell if they were Earth or LA tech.

Gotta say.... Volker as Park is taken is heartbreaking.... poor guy
    http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7549/bannerx2.jpg

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AquaGamer53 View Post
    I thought those mines were pretty cool, but I couldn't tell if they were Earth or LA tech.
    They were LA tech (It was also in a case with the door-openers from the incursion, too). Even Park said, "It's one of theirs, isn't it?" and Volker later said, "We know how to disarm them - Ginn showed us." So yeah...
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Quote Originally Posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    They were LA tech (It was also in a case with the door-openers from the incursion, too). Even Park said, "It's one of theirs, isn't it?" and Volker later said, "We know how to disarm them - Ginn showed us." So yeah...
    Did they really say all that? Wow, I thought I watched the episode pretty closely and didn't catch any of that. Guess I'll have to rewatch.

Chloe scene on the Bridge when Young bring her up to help the crew and they all treating her like she was some kind of trojan horse. Poor girl, I think she is more hated than Rush and didn't do anything wrong. Hell, I prefer to have Chloe at a console than Rush. Fool me once shame on you, fool me 5 times... Though her "I don't know what I just did" stuff ain't scoring her any points in the confidence department. I hope this arc develop faster. And see Chloe in full control of herself while she changes externally and internally.

I like seeing all those aliens rhinos in the field. It was a nice view. Remind me of the Retu in SG1 which had a similar point of view (but the scene was more tense since they were possibly new invisible enemy and were sentient soldiers exercising or something in the field).
    Last edited by Commander Zelix; November 21st, 2010 at 06:38 PM.

just remembered another thing I liked and which surprised me: nearly at the end, when Rush meets Scott and the others, he asks "How is Greer?" As far as I can remember, the two have never really been in good terms and it was nice/interesting to see that maybe Rush cared a little bit about Greer.

Just reading the rating thread remind me of the scene when Rush just couldn't aim properly to kill Simeon with his handgun. Something we rarely see on TV in those circumstances. Pretty cool.

Where to begin?

Grief and pain that death of Ginn and Perry caused. Rush hitting the wall - so much moar awesome than it was in the trailer!
    Simeon being all bad-a$$ on the Destiny.
    Rush running through the gate after Simeon.
    Park had a bomb on her back and she's telling it's okay, the sound of her sobbing and others quietly almost witnessing Park getting blown up.
    TJ trying to save one man, and unable to get away to help another injured.
    Rush crying. Man, that was... something.
    Young's speech to Eli.
    Chloe wanting to help, and when she started pushing all kinds of buttons. I really feel for her.
    Rush outsmarting Simeon, and he getting ran over by aliens. Then Rush walking over to him, Simeon starts to talk that he has information, but Rush goes just bam! and finishes him off.

Overall, the music in the beginning, and explosions.

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

"If you don't kill him I will"

The stampede.

Its ironic as this is kind of Rush's punishment for keeping the bridge a secret. If the bridge was known there would be no reason to contact Perry and she would still be alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

I liked Greer's BBQ line
    the stampede, nice idea in a scifi series,
    Rush deactivating the bomb with the wire of his glasses (yeah, McGyver)
    Rush shooting Simeon
    Young is back
    the music while Rush was walking back

Lieutenant Colonel xxxevilgrinxxx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post

Its ironic as this is kind of Rush's punishment for keeping the bridge a secret. If the bridge was known there would be no reason to contact Perry and she would still be alive.
    Yep, this. Rush set that particular act in motion...must burn even more now.

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Chief Master Sergeant Solokiller's Avatar

Simeon taunting Rush with his revenge speech gets so much better when Rush tells Scott that his radio died a long time ago, Simeon was probably talking to himself...

So many great moments in this ep:

Rush refusing to abandon Park and save himself when he thought he couldn't disarm the bomb
    Eli wanting to go after Simeon and Young talking him out of it. I'm really starting to like post-breakdown Young. He's really been getting it together.
    Rush's revenge, standing over Simeon after the stampede and pulling the trigger.
    I felt sorry for Chloe, she's starting to figure out how to solve the equations to control the ship, but because she doesn't always have control everyone views her as a threat.

Find your Destiny

Rush to Eli in the beginning - 'Don't worry, nothing's gonna happen'.

Lieutenant Colonel Eternal Density's Avatar

Rush crying.
    Park during and after the bomb scene.
    So much excellent acting in this ep!
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Chief Master Sergeant BRiDGELiFE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlbot View Post
    ...... loved Scott telling Greer it's not too bad, then saying he lied
    Yea that was funny

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Everything thats been said so far in here, and also, Eli's willingness to get down and dirty with the rest of the squaddies

I forsee something in Destiny's future that involves Eli walking down a corridor towards something firing a pistol ala SG-1 9/-09 'Prototype' ending

N.C

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    My favorite line was not a line at all but rather the absence of one. How after all that typical gum flapping about revenge not brining people back or making you feel better that you get in every TV show, Rush just walks up and feeds Simeon a hot lead sandwich without even hesitating.

No dragged out scene as he struggles with if he's going to do it, no cheesy cop out with Simeon lunging for him or going for a weapon, just walks up *BANG*, and walks away.
    Ah, after reading all these made-up "final lines", finally someone feeling exactly the same way like me! Rush is just Rush, and as a military type main cast would propably not even have killed him (you know, Simeon being all beaten up, broken and unarmed), Rush just shot him.

Chief Master Sergeant BRiDGELiFE's Avatar

oh I forgot, especially how everyone has been saying L.F (Young) still hasn't cut his hair recently, well I guess we were kinda wrong he had his hair done (cropped/gel'd) in this Episode, I guess it just grows a lot; from what we saw at the Gemini Awards its back to Bushy...... But anyway Great Look for Young, just adds to his Ready for anything mental instead of his previous "I don't Give a F***" mentality.

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......