Rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post

But ultimately, none of this answers the question you were asked: What makes you think Rush knew that Destiny was going to recharge in the sun? We had no proof of it. At best, Rush could only have possibly wondered, but even he wouldn't have known. Hell, if he did think the ship was going to make it, he never would have allowed people and supplies to leave the ship.

Sorry, you aren't going to get anyone else siding with you on that. Given the choice of life or death, where only a limited number can survive, everyone else is going to tell you that giving up your spot to live to someone else, isn't selfish at all. There are quite a few things you can ding Rush for; this ain't one of them.
    haha I'm not trying to get out of anything...I'm just super super busy over here. I'm willing too accept defeat in the general matter. I think I did confuse cowardice with selfishness.

But on the LIGHT point. There is a thread with 255 responses over in the LIGHT discussion....all about this. It's not cut and dry. I just believe that he would not have given up his seat if he thought that it really meant the end of him. There are people that would feel the same inkling as me, even without any proof. We've never really gotten any PROOF of anything, which is great. It makes us think. And discuss. Fun!

Go check out the discussions in Light.... specifically the one titled "Rush". Yeah, more people are on the side that Rush had no idea. But I'm certainly not alone. example. Replicator Todd: "Oh yes, I truly do believe he knew. Especially when Eli showed them the Destiny with the Kino." More people sort of sway to "he had an idea, but didn't know." Still one person, I have!
    sigpic
    Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
    O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
    Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
    O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Originally posted by Whitering View Post
      Well, I like Rush a lot, but let's not forget with regards to saving Park...

1) He was on candid camera at the time, and he knew it.

2) Park is a civilian and a scientist, I wonder what he would have done if that was Young or some other meat head that had pissed him off in the past.

Well, we have an answer to what happens when one person dies on the stones. Killing Ginn to protect Chloe as the hottie. I found Ginn to be better looking and more fun to watch on screen. Way to go TPTB! Can't have Eli be happy either.

Don't know what will happen with Rush now, maybe him and Young will switch places with Rush being the one that doesn't want to bother getting out of bed.
      I think that he would have saved Park, camera or not. Rush is changing as a person, and I like the nice Rush more. I hope that he continues his fight, and doesn't let his grief get the best of him.

Anyways, us having the answer is cool. I just wish the answer didn't have to come with those deaths. That was the first time in SGU that I had full on tears. I cried a bit when Telford got left behind. And when Riley died. But this one induced the BIG FAT water balls gushing out of my eyes.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
        I think Rush proved he was not a coward tonight.
        I loved how calm he was when doing it.. and how much regret it seemed he had in his voice he could not defuse it (until he realized his glasses woudl help)..

Spoiler:
        Once I knew Rush saw the herd of those creatures he was going to create a stampede. Then walking over to Simeon's mangled body and put a pullet in his head.
        Spoiler:
        I just loved how he used the last of the C4 he brought to cause it...

When he took his name out of the lottery..........that was not courage. That was evil. He should have told those people on the shuttle that he had an inkling that destiny would make it through the sun.
        How was that cowardly/evil? HELL he even looked shocked and surprised that it did survive..

Capital punishment is only wrong in a society where a worse punishment is viable.
        And as Rush did say to the rest "Do you honestly think he will tell you squat about what you want to know".

1. Why did Rush risk all their lives by dialing the 9th cheveron rather than home. I just don't buy the "earth might have blown up" thing. 2. Rush framed Young for Murder. 3. Rush puts Franklin in the chair before himself. 4. Rush incites a coup. 5. Rush lies about the bridge for a long time. 6. Rush lets Chloe be blamed for his crap (her in the corridor rather than him in the bridge).
        1_) was not him being cowardly. STUIPID. yes. Greedy and egotistical. HELL YES. Cowardly. No'
        2) Same. How is framing someone else for murder in anyway cowardly?
        3) HOW did he put franklin in the chair? YES he may have put it in franklins mind someone needs to sit in it. BUT he did not force him or coerce him in any way.
        4) In that case so was wray being a coward.
        5) This is more of his egotisticalness. Again no cowardice.
        6) This is the only one i can think applies.

If Rush had left her I would have lost all respect for the character. I've been a Rush defender from the beginning, although he lost a lot of my respect when he tried to blackmail Chloe into helping him. Hopefully now he'll start to realize he can't do things alone and that he has to work with the rest of the crew.
        He would have droped a heck of alot with me too.

1) He was on candid camera at the time, and he knew it.
        He was already in process of disarming it when the Kino came through.

Comment

Rush was so supergenius-bipolar-gangsta in this episode! It's like we saw every side of him imaginable in less than 40 minutes. I can totally see him leading a gang now, and turning it into a paramilitary mega-corporation. And I laugh every time he lies now! Everyone is like, "Come on Rush! We know you're lying!"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by icsteffi View Post
            We've never really gotten any PROOF of anything, which is great. It makes us think. And discuss.
            Unfortunately, without proof, one just ends up looking silly. Kinda like the Flat Earth Society, or the creationists that insist the Earth is only 6,000 years old.

See, the major proof is that Rush knows he needs people and supplies. If he knew, he never would have let them go, because there would be no guarantee of getting them back. If he knew, you'd have to furnish a reason of "why didn't he say anything?" and so far, there has been no plausible reasons. The best one is "To furnish a disaster he could save people from" but he had no way of knowing he could save the shuttle people. Indeed, he almost might not have, if Eli hadn't done the equations so fast.

In short, if he was trying to manipulate things, he was an extremely bad one, which kinda nullifies the idea.

Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary proof. Otherwise I could make up some stuff about you, and if you try to say differently, "Well of course I have no proof, but isn't it GREAT? It makes us think. And discuss how horrible of a person you might be!"

Comment

I think that Rush was not a good guy, but that he has slowly been turning into one. That is all.

I have never jumped on anyone like I am being jumped on now. Its just a show. A freaking good show. If we can't just have fun talking, then that is a shame. Feel free to discuss what a horrible person I might be. You don't need extraordinary proof to have an opinion that I'm a horrible person... but I certainly don't think that it would be as interesting to discuss as discussing what a horrible person Rush might be/have BEEN. I like the character. He is awesome. He's has made me uneasy a lot. I now think that he is a genuinely good guy. If you wanna keep fighting about this, go back and fight about it in the "Light" thread. Arguments there include that Rush hated Greer with a passion back then, and he wanted him on the shuttle.

Or here, whatever, I'm easy! But just remember that I already admitted I was wrong about Rush being cowardly in the past. It was never cowardice.
              sigpic

Comment

Someone on a battletech related site (classicbattletech forums) said of rush.

Killing simeon. Good rush
                Killing simeon so we don't get info that could save lives. Bad rush..

Comment

Originally posted by icsteffi View Post
                  I think that Rush was not a good guy, but that he has slowly been turning into one. That is all.

I have never jumped on anyone like I am being jumped on now. Its just a show. A freaking good show. If we can't just have fun talking, then that is a shame. Feel free to discuss what a horrible person I might be. You don't need extraordinary proof to have an opinion that I'm a horrible person... but I certainly don't think that it would be as interesting to discuss as discussing what a horrible person Rush might be/have BEEN. I like the character. He is awesome. He's has made me uneasy a lot. I now think that he is a genuinely good guy. If you wanna keep fighting about this, go back and fight about it in the "Light" thread. Arguments there include that Rush hated Greer with a passion back then, and he wanted him on the shuttle.

Or here, whatever, I'm easy! But just remember that I already admitted I was wrong about Rush being cowardly in the past. It was never cowardice.
                  There are no good guys or bad guys in SGU and that's a good thing. Rush is not a good guy because no one is. He's done some really rotten things and some good things and no one should be jumping all over you for it so no, you're not a horrible person and yes, talking about Rush's actions are far more interesting. Cowardice is a tricky word. He's done some things that would make him a coward. Or just smart enough not to do something stupid with his life. Maybe risking someone else's life is just easier. It comes down to a matter of perception. I think he's been a coward on occasion. I also think he's been brave on occasion. Sort of like everybody.

All I can say is - use the ignore function. It really is your friend
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Generic Blue View Post
                    For a moment there i thought rush was going to leave the bomb on park so he would have more time to catch simeon.
                    I was wondering that too.

I was under the impression that at the beginning of this episode Rush really forgot about everything. He decided to help Park but when he couldn't, he didn't leave her. I thought maybe it was because he felt guilty of Mandy's death. He initially was like 'I'll kill Simeon or he'll kill me, I don't care'. Maybe he even was willing to die. That makes me wonder if Rush's radio was still working when Simeon was giving his speech...

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                      There are no good guys or bad guys in SGU and that's a good thing. Rush is not a good guy because no one is. He's done some really rotten things and some good things and no one should be jumping all over you for it so no, you're not a horrible person and yes, talking about Rush's actions are far more interesting. Cowardice is a tricky word. He's done some things that would make him a coward. Or just smart enough not to do something stupid with his life. Maybe risking someone else's life is just easier. It comes down to a matter of perception. I think he's been a coward on occasion. I also think he's been brave on occasion. Sort of like everybody.

All I can say is - use the ignore function. It really is your friend
                      Yes! I agree that SGU is not as cut and dry as other shows (i.e. SG1/SGU....) This is what I loved about Battlestar. EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER I hated at one point and loved at one point. I don't think that anyone was immune to my condemnation. Hope that comment doesn't annoy anyone, because I am not saying that SGU is just a Gate-version of Battlestar. SGU is unique and wonderful. I love what they are doing with it.

And if anyone IS ANNOYED by this....I will try to invoke my 'ignore function'.

Everything I said aside---Eli can do NO evil ever.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                        I was wondering that too.

I was under the impression that at the beginning of this episode Rush really forgot about everything. He decided to help Park but when he couldn't, he didn't leave her. I thought maybe it was because he felt guilty of Mandy's death. He initially was like 'I'll kill Simeon or he'll kill me, I don't care'. Maybe he even was willing to die. That makes me wonder if Rush's radio was still working when Simeon was giving his speech...
                        I think it was, which helped push rush to want to kill him quick.

Comment

Working...
                        X