Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rush

Default Rush

For a moment there i thought rush was going to leave the bomb on park so he would have more time to catch simeon, im one of the people who doesnt mind shows going super dark, but that would have been crazy, the entire time i was like USE YOUR GLASSES.

Default Re: Rush

That's the point. When Rush stands there staring for a sec, you think "He's not going to leave her, is he?" It's a great way of showing how Rush is slowly changing.

I think Rush proved he was not a coward tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
    That's the point. When Rush stands there staring for a sec, you think "He's not going to leave her, is he?" It's a great way of showing how Rush is slowly changing.
    i know why they did it, and they did it perfect because i thought he was going to do it, knowing rush.

I never really doubted that Rush would save Park. Sure, you can say that he's been a cold, heartless ******* thus far, but this was the first time he was face to face with someone who had a very high chance of dying. I think it was far easier for Rush to detach and talk about sacrificing someone else for the greater good when not face to face with the person being sacrificed.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Airman

well Rush is like the best schitzophrenic character. one episode I love the guy, the next episode I think he's pure evil. If he hadn't have been yelling the Sgt wouldn't have gotten shot. and I really Like the Sgt! I have to say though that rush seems to be the most self absorbed person on the ship. Bar None.

I love how the show shows us that he does have great reserves of courage, bravery and honor, and is generally a pretty bad ass guy. He just loathes Young and all his toy soldiers so much that he'll never be that guy for him, or when he's ordered to, but he will be that guy when he's the only one who can save an innocent woman from being blown to pieces in rather nasty fashion.

This episode probably finally put him over the top to being my favorite character in the entire franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene1212 View Post
    not only not a coward but he has a heart

Go Rush go!

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by Selene1212 View Post
    He has proved that many times in the past. In 'Time', he jumped through the gate - the connection was unstable, and ultimately it killed him. Even in 'Air part 1' he was not the last to set foot on the Destiny. It could have killed him as well. Oh, he killed an alien with his bare hands! Also he took his name out of the lottery in the episode 'Light'...

The man is not a coward at all. Telford and Young are wrong to think Rush was afraid to sit on the chair. Rush simply thinks he's more valuable than other people.

On another note, the last scene was ingenious.

Spoiler:
    Once I knew Rush saw the herd of those creatures he was going to create a stampede. Then walking over to Simeon's mangled body and put a pullet in his head.

Not a big Rush fan myself, but this ep, he was watchworthy.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Oreol View Post
    He has proved that many times in the past. In 'Time', he jumped through the gate - the connection was unstable, and ultimately it killed him. Even in 'Air part 1' he was not the last to set foot on the Destiny. It could have killed him as well. Oh, he killed an alien with his bare hands! Also he took his name out of the lottery in the episode 'Light'...

The man is not a coward at all. Telford and Young are wrong to think Rush was afraid to sit on the chair. Rush simply thinks he's more valuable than other people.
    I don't want to count the number of times he's showed cowardice....cause I think it would be a lot more. I like Rush a lot. But I do want to say one thing, because this was one of the worst Rush moments for me......

When he took his name out of the lottery..........that was not courage. That was evil. He should have told those people on the shuttle that he had an inkling that destiny would make it through the sun. What if the shuttle had not been in range anymore? I remember commenting on this before, but I never went back enough to check how popular opinion came down on this point.

...but do you guys really think that Rush took his name out because he is fundamentally good?

I've only started to like him after I realized he was in love with Mandy. People in love are just better. Thats why I'm a b**** myself
    Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
    O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
    Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
    O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Probie

I don't want to count the number of times he's showed cowardice
    Please, count a few.

...he had an inkling that destiny would make it through the sun.
    What makes us think so?

Did anyone think that the thing on Park's back was one of those PAST CHOICE ALTERING BUGS from Doctor Who???!!! Park acted exactly like Donna Noble. Sorry to those that don't watch Doctor Who. That sorry is on so many levels.....

By the way, I totally support what Rush did. It weird because I am anti-capital punishment. But man, I would have done the same thing.

Chief Master Sergeant

Capital punishment is only wrong in a society where a worse punishment is viable.
    They cant keep him locked up in Destiny forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreol View Post
    Please, count a few.

What makes us think so?
    Without watching the episodes again. 1. Why did Rush risk all their lives by dialing the 9th cheveron rather than home. I just don't buy the "earth might have blown up" thing. 2. Rush framed Young for Murder. 3. Rush puts Franklin in the chair before himself. 4. Rush incites a coup. 5. Rush lies about the bridge for a long time. 6. Rush lets Chloe be blamed for his crap (her in the corridor rather than him in the bridge).

Okay, I like Rush, a lot. But you really think that he has been written as a courageous and likable character? I LOVED him from the get-go because I LOVE Robert Carlyle, but the writers give us a reason every episode to hate him. If you don't agree, then I respect that. But in my opinion, he is only NOW turning into a hero. <3

P.S. That episode is on a hard drive in my closet, and its midnight here. I'll get back to you on that. My friend "Oreol"...you are noted, and I WILL get back to you on that. Bug me in a few days if I don't. But while I'm at that....anyone else want to side with me on his leaving his name out of the lottery being selfish??????

People know I'm not the biggest Rush supporter and even I say he isn't a coward. Selfish would be a more accurate definition. Normally he only cares about his own desires
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by icsteffi View Post
    Without watching the episodes again. 1. Why did Rush risk all their lives by dialing the 9th cheveron rather than home. I just don't buy the "earth might have blown up" thing. 2. Rush framed Young for Murder. 3. Rush puts Franklin in the chair before himself. 4. Rush incites a coup. 5. Rush lies about the bridge for a long time. 6. Rush lets Chloe be blamed for his crap (her in the corridor rather than him in the bridge).
    1. I'll give you that. He could have dialed another planet. But that's not cowardice.
    2. Because Young wouldn't allow anyone to volunteer to sit in the chair, nor give him control of the science team to full study it. As we've seen, Rush was ultimately right.
    3. Rush didn't put Franklin in that chair. That was something Franklin chose to do. Even if we accept your theory, you have no proof, and I'd advise you of accusing someone of something without evidence, unless you want people to do the same to you.
    4. Rush helped, but he wasn't the only one. Wray and the rest of the civilians wanted it. In fact, it looks like Wray approached Rush about it.
    5. Perhaps, but his reasoning was sound. A lot of complicated stuff, and he wanted to understand it before everyone else got up there and started pushing buttons. Quite similar to the robot they found earlier.
    6. How do you know Chloe didn't have an effect? She had been fiddling with things for quite awhile during her blackouts.

But ultimately, none of this answers the question you were asked: What makes you think Rush knew that Destiny was going to recharge in the sun? We had no proof of it. At best, Rush could only have possibly wondered, but even he wouldn't have known. Hell, if he did think the ship was going to make it, he never would have allowed people and supplies to leave the ship.

P.S. That episode is on a hard drive in my closet, and its midnight here. I'll get back to you on that. My friend "Oreol"...you are noted, and I WILL get back to you on that. Bug me in a few days if I don't. But while I'm at that....anyone else want to side with me on his leaving his name out of the lottery being selfish??????
    Sorry, you aren't going to get anyone else siding with you on that. Given the choice of life or death, where only a limited number can survive, everyone else is going to tell you that giving up your spot to live to someone else, isn't selfish at all. There are quite a few things you can ding Rush for; this ain't one of them.

Probie

1. Why did Rush risk all their lives by dialing the 9th cheveron rather than home.
    Because he was brave to do so (he could have died with the others) and believed it was his destiny to complete his work. Nothing to do with cowardice.

2. Rush framed Young for Murder.
    It makes him a mephistophelean jerk, not a coward.

3. Rush puts Franklin in the chair before himself.
    Are we watching the same show? It never happened. It was Franklin 's own decision - he even tricked Eli to leave the room. Rush may have mislead Franklin, but it doesn't mean Rush is a coward.

5. Rush lies about the bridge for a long time.
    And it makes him a coward? He had reasons to do so.

6. Rush lets Chloe be blamed for his crap (her in the corridor rather than him in the bridge).
    It has nothing to do with him being a coward. He wanted to keep the bridge a secret. Also, he was right about Chloe - she is kinda dangerous as seen in the latest episode.

But you really think that he has been written as a courageous and likable character
    He may not be likable, but he's not a coward. I pointed some of his heroic acts (especially in Malice, Time, and Light). On the other hand, you didn't prove your point.
    ---
    As long as it servers the greater good, Rush can be insanely brave. Even Eli noticed that in 'Time': You are insane. You are! (when Rush rushed to the gate after the creatures attacked)
    Last edited by Oreol; November 17th, 2010 at 10:57 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast